Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread
Jun 19, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #451 of 520
@Darksoul They both have the same Fostex DNA (extreme treble and bass, recessed mids), albeit being tuned differently. The 900s have a clear edge when it comes to soundstage (oh boy dat soundstage) and also treble extension. I love treble, and those for me have the best treble in any closed back headphone I've heard. This however comes at a cost of the headphones sounding a little artificial sometimes, and the mids being pushed back. The Ebony has softer treble (although still extended enough for me) and a more intimate stage.

So to answer your question, no, except if you want that treble extension and soundstage I talked about. However do be careful of what you wish for with these cans, as the tradeoff for those is more recessed mids (vs the Ebony), and also tracks sounding too hot during long sessions. I personally choose my Ebonys for longer listening sessions because of that.

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #452 of 520
Anyone had the spring tensioned fastener thingy unscrew itself?

HEhIpUx.jpg

Oh3ZCSX.jpg

How the heck do you get it back? There's zero room to fit a screwdriver in there because the cup is in the way.

Might have to take the cup off.

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #453 of 520
So the Purple hear TR-X00 sound pretty good with Dekoni velours and the Attenuation ting, I might prefer it to the hybrids.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #454 of 520
Has anyone compared these with the EMU Ebony .. especially in the bass area? I'm wondering which one has more quantity.

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #457 of 520
Hi all, just got a PH. I find the base delivery to be excellent with no distortion. Treble personally I find them too sharp. My issues with the PH is that the vocals are recessed ie. distant, especially male vocals but it affects female as well - This leads me to increase the volume every time and I end up not using them due to the quick fatigue. One thing I am still looking for is maybe a pad solution or attenuator combo that might bring the vocals forward - not successful yet. Currently I just use an equalizer.
The other solution I am considering is selling these for EBs. Are the vocals distant in EBs as well. Will it make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back