Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 7, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #6,169 of 6,782
I love my Mikros 90, but I have been using IEMs mostly of late. The Mikros 90 and my JVC HA FXT90 are my one-two sonic punch. I might jump on DuoZa train. 

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #6,170 of 6,782
  Lors,
Just picked up the MT220 for $149.99/shipped.
Will a/b with the Mikros 90.
Too bad the Yamaha's cable isn't detachable!

pataburd

Have you tried the DT150?  I'm thinking getting that one, the MT220...or perhaps the MSR7.

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #6,171 of 6,782
The MSR7 sounds very intriguing. Probably Duoza for me, though.

Mar 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #6,172 of 6,782
I wont pick up the msr7....the yammie is Clearly better..tomyears.

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #6,173 of 6,782
I wont pick up the msr7....the yammie is Clearly better..tomyears.

Ehhh, if you don't own the msr7s, I would be careful saying that.

The msr7s out of box sounded annoying to me. I also stated that it has sibilance, but after burning them in and listening to music in a good mood, I found that the sibilance is minor. It's as minor as the mikros90s, and I found that headphone sibilant as well. 

I'm just trying to balance the bolded statement. I'm not getting after anyone or feeling butthurt. I believe you're right that the mt220s would hang in there (or possibly be better than the msr7 in some aspects) for the price. Since I own teh msr7s however, I won't be owning the yamahas yet.

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #6,174 of 6,782
Mikros has high clarity and a refined soundquality, with good depth imaging...
Sometimes fatiguing when I cranked up the volume too much for too long as I get sucked into the music..
But didn't find it sibilant. :p

Ya didn't own the msr7...wanted to, but the visa card just wouldnt flip out...twice, thrice, ahhhh gave up.
:D

Mar 8, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #6,175 of 6,782
I find that wearing these backwards improves the seal dramatically.

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #6,177 of 6,782
Dt150 is like a Beo H6 with more body, n rumble....and odd looking :wink:

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #6,178 of 6,782
The MT220 arrived yesterday.
They sounded quite good straight out of the box--how much burn-in do they need?
Spent more time with the Yamahas than I did with the Stax SR-507 last night [and found the MT220 slightly more engaging, even].

Initially:
clear and detailed--the tonal, spatial and timbral individuation of instruments/performers can be startlingly revealing
fairly large and well-delineated soundstage
silky, but detailed, highs
lovely tone
lower-mid bass emphasis: can sound a little huffy, but always with good slam
the headband is uncomfortable--feels hard--over the top of my skull

After the fist a/b between the Mikros 90 and the MT220:
Mikros 90 sounds more natural and holistic to my ears, with more fine dynamic texture and better deep bass articulation.
MT220 a fine, potential "keeper" never-the-less; easier to enjoy than the MLs, but not necessarily more enjoyable--if you get my drift.

Will have to let the Yamahas burn in . . . 

Finally, it looks like the Mikros 90 find a worthy contender!

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #6,179 of 6,782
Mikros has high clarity and a refined soundquality, with good depth imaging...
Sometimes fatiguing when I cranked up the volume too much for too long as I get sucked into the music..
But didn't find it sibilant. :p

Ya didn't own the msr7...wanted to, but the visa card just wouldnt flip out...twice, thrice, ahhhh gave up.
:D

I'm treble sensitive, so I has to at least say it was slightly sibilant. The mikros are still good headphones though, theu are definitely revealing and pleasing to listen fo, but when I a/b it against headphones with more pronounced upper mids, the mikros then sounds pretty closed.

It's unfortunate that you couldn't buy the ath msr7. Dang that transaction problem lol. At least you have the yamahas.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #6,180 of 6,782
The MT220 have just too much lower-mid bass emphasis for me.  Do not find them sibilant--at least not on my office rig with a 24/196 DVD-Audio disc of Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" playing.
Mikros 90 STILL RULE!  And the MLs have never sounded SSSibilant to me.
Thank you, Mr. Martin Logan, for a . . . F . . . I . . . N . . . E . . .  set of cans!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back