Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,396 of 6,783

You lads south of the 49th have access to deals that those of us north of the 49th can only dream about.  Best I can do is $30 shipped off the 'bay.  And Amazon dropped the Mikros down to $79 today.....sigh.  May fork over the $30 though....

Dang....wish I was stateside!!!

One vendor on Amazon had it for $8.95 with international shipping, but I think I got the last one...tried to order two but it went to "sold out".

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #1,398 of 6,783

there's gonna be another cold snap...? i am holding back making internet orders..until the thawing starts. question is when..:p

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-cbrea1b15go00-jpg-20140212,0,2371762.photo
these clouds moving acoss the continent ..geezz

Yup, that looks ugly... good luck!

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #1,399 of 6,783

You lads south of the 49th have access to deals that those of us north of the 49th can only dream about.  Best I can do is $30 shipped off the 'bay.  And Amazon dropped the Mikros down to $79 today.....sigh.  May fork over the $30 though....

Dang....wish I was stateside!!!

Went on ahead and just bought a second pair from Amazon since they finally dropped the price back down from $99. What I've noticed from Amazon is that they'll drop their prices when stock gets low and then when stock is refilled they'll usually push the price back up in 1-3 separate increments. So, ultimately I'm out $152 for both pairs. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,400 of 6,783
^ You know that when people start hording headphones like this, that either there is a lot of insanity in the air, or else the headphones are incredibly good bang for the buck. Which is it people! 
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #1,401 of 6,783
i might throw the money at a pair of leather pads...probably the flattish ESW11LTD type.
tats 60bucks i think..ouch. 
Or should i just walk around with the JmoneyBeyerBigtyres..? hehe.

=======

ya..get another for spares...since its going out of production..
a portable can that projects such depth n clarity is hard to come by.
Too many run of the mill popishcans around..and charging 150 n up.
i almost bought the P3 actually..its very clear too. but dun think it projects the kind of depth i am hearing from mikros..
i am a depthaddict.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,402 of 6,783
  Hey Mikros 90 Guys, stateside.  Give me/PM me your shipping addresses and I will have the ET-4 shipped to you direct.  First FIVE responders only!!!  

Supplies are limited.  Offer good only as long as supplies last!!!

BEWARE: you may have to whittle down the input plug barrel of the ET-4 to fit the MLs access hole [which is spec-ed out for a 6.5 mm/0.25 input plug barrel].  So if you are not up to the machining, kindly decline the offer.

^ ehhh can i have your modded set instead???
ksc75smile.gif
Cuz don't gots the skittles to machine it down to fit so...... would love to hear how they sound.

Anywho my cheapo beats cable is in, haven't listened to them yet cuz breaking them in a bit but they fit like a glove, exactly as the stock cable.

Impressions to come........................ later.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,403 of 6,783
  ^ You know that when people start hording headphones like this, that either there is a lot of insanity in the air, or else the headphones are incredibly good bang for the buck. Which is it people! 
smile.gif

Well, I really like them, and I'm only moderately insane. 
biggrin.gif

Honestly, I just can't imagine another pair of headphones sounding as good at the price, even for two pairs. This is based both on what I've read here and heard myself. So, since they're being discontinued, I might as well buy a second pair for backup until I'm ready to pill the trigger on something more expensive, or until something in the price range comes along and beats these. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,406 of 6,783
How about a fostex te-05 and another set of mikros90:grin:

You and your TE05.  I'm going to try them...and if they are not as good as the Martin Logans I'm going to find you and smack you in the head with my Mikros.

Actually...I'll smack you in the ass with a stick while I wear my 90s.  

It's going to look something like this:
deadhorse.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #1,407 of 6,783

You and your TE05.  I'm going to try them...and if they are not as good as the Martin Logans I'm going to find you and smack you in the head with my Mikros.

Actually...I'll smack you in the ass with a stick while I wear my 90s.  

It's going to look something like this:
deadhorse.gif

Dude, mochill knows, HE KNOWS.

Leave it at that. 
tongue.gif

don't act like your pre-mikros self.

Act like your current self.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #1,408 of 6,783
smile.gif

I just found them at Maria & Mildred's Audio Shoppe for $29.95 + free shipping so I ordered 6 more pairs. When they arrive, I will take three weeks off work so I can break each one in compare them and write up reviews on each 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,409 of 6,783

I just found them at Maria & Mildred's Audio Shoppe for $29.95 + free shipping so I ordered 6 more pairs. When they arrive, I will take three weeks off work so I can break each one in compare them and write up reviews on each 
rolleyes.gif

LMAO

L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #1,410 of 6,783

rolleyes.gif

Beagle are the Paradigm H15 even close to these hyped up Mikros? Saw them around same price as well, similar sort of pad style and form factor, sort of.

And the ADL , something about those keeps brining me back to stare at the listings

Thanks for all your Mikros90 impressions everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back