Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 6, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #3,198 of 6,783

hows the clamp factor bro..your head fits this? 

Yeah, honestly as long as I don't wear glasses I find these pretty comfortable. I have a rather oval shaped head and it isn't necessarily large at all so that might be a big reason why. The clamp is a little bit much, but I'll stretch it out over night probably.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #3,199 of 6,783

Lors...I would like to know if the pads you linked are a good fit.  I bought the pads below and they were good on width but too short top to bottom.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUKZB8U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2WTRFVUF3KS1R&coliid=IMW94BFXJ86BC

I just could not get them to stretch enough to get them on in place of the Mikros pads...sent them back to Amazon.  From the measurements it looks the Beats Solo pads (6 mm x 7 mm) are the closest fit to the Mikros of any replacement pads I have come across.  Looks like there is a plastic gizmo on the back for mounting.

i hope my ruler is not as short LONG as yours....

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,200 of 6,783

Yeah, honestly as long as I don't wear glasses I find these pretty comfortable. I have a rather oval shaped head and it isn't necessarily large at all so that might be a big reason why. The clamp is a little bit much, but I'll stretch it out over night probably.

u can wear the glasses with the frame sitting above the cups..

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #3,201 of 6,783

u can wear the glasses with the frame sitting above the cups..

That's what I've been doing. Might look odd when walking around the college though :p

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #3,202 of 6,783

Thanks @Darknet! I quoted both of your posts above for my own nefarious purposes.

With the hole uncovered, I was getting way too much bass in my left driver, and maybe a bit too much in my right driver. Here are pics of my driver holes:

Left driver with more bass:

Right driver with less bass. There is something oscuring the hole:

I think that maybe I somehow removed the stuff that shown in the right driver hole from the left driver hole (maybe I stuck a screwdriver in there in some fit of stupidity), and this resulted in excessive bass from the left driver.

At any rate, I covered the holes with 1 layer of Darknet patented party streamer. The left driver is still producing more bass than the right, but it's no longer a huge difference. I might cover the left hole with 2 layers though to try and even it out. Regardless, I'm pretty happy at the moment :)

Oh, and I will be giving that track a listen for sure - thanks!

u are a truebloodmodder chops to u man.  
(.....i was inches away.... from digging out those earwax when i saw your post...)
errr..y dun u dig out the right side too..n hear what happens..?? :p

make sure the leather from Pataburd is stamped.." CARVEN ", otherwise wont work. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #3,203 of 6,783
  Oh lol sorry for not updating. I'm pretty busy with school stuff on weekdays. I've settled for a bit on having dynamat, the 2 layers, but I've actually added different shapes of felt. I don't really have any rectangles so I've been using circles lol. I currently have 2 quarter circles at different positions in the headphone. I'll post pictures on the weekends when  I have more time. This really seems to tame any excessive bass bloom and help tune the headphones to be more in line with my preferences (coming from a q701 as my primary). Great bass extension with limited quantity that really isn't prominent unless the song needs it. I was mainly tuning the headphones around EDM, but the felt really helps to balance it out for other genres. Hopefully I'll be able to get some blue tack over the weekends too. I was going to last weekend but it was late sunday night and most stores were closed  when I thought  about it :/
Edit: oh yeah the treble seems to be a bit less harsh now and more in line with the rest of the spectrum too.

Pataburd, I'll PM you on the weekends also if that's ok with you about the deerskin stuff.

Haha my friend coming from a pair of skullcandy 50/50s say that everything is good... except for subbass quantities. I actually used to own a pair of those before head-fi times... oh god very little attack with a huge subbass... I feel like telling him to get a pair then doing one of the bassier mods I've moved away from for him :p

I honestly haven't really used my q701s or m500s much recently though, besides for comparison purposes though. Just a testimony to how good these headphones are (as redundant as this may be on this thread hah). Don't know if I would buy them at $300 but that's more just budget limitations since I bought the kefs used since it was cheaper lol. They don't necessarily surpass the q701 in many technical aspects, especially neutrality and flatness, but it is a very engaging and enjoyable headphone.

I don't think anyone here really listens much to this type of music, but I found this track to be really epic one the mikros 90s. (its like edm/orchestral mixed- dubchestral as the producer calls it)

wow i dig this dubchestral...could have been in GLADIATORs :)

make sure the leather from Pataburd is stamped.."CARVEN" :p

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,205 of 6,783
Enscode, what happened?

Anyone: if you get a chance, please look in your right driver hole and let me know if it looks like mine. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #3,206 of 6,783
Enscode, what happened?

Anyone: if you get a chance, please look in your right driver hole and let me know if it looks like mine. Thanks!

ya mine looks like that ..this looks familiar.  there is that SOMETHING in there. earwax !!

This pair broke too T_T but this time its my fault, shouldn't be too ridiculously hard to fix. 
The modding road is a hard one, but one worth taking
I'll update once I'm done with my attempt at fixing them.

u broke the WIREs???  i try to leave the headfone ON THE TABLE..lift up the cup sideways..tilt it 45% angle..
tweezer or screwdriver goes in....felt dropped in..push it tight...get out fast. its a lightning attack. 
then the long process of aligning the screwssss...dammm screws. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #3,207 of 6,783
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7SGn0MeP0

turn on your FULL SCREEN...put on your MikrosHEARThruBass...and ENJOY the theatrephonic sound n sight ! 

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #3,208 of 6,783
Enscode, what happened?

The wires snapped where it attaches the driver to the aux circuit, exactly where someone could expect it to snap. Luckly, it came clean off exactly where the solder is, so i'll be working with roughly the same amount of wire as stock.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #3,209 of 6,783
If u are good at it... Might as well rewire the whole can..
Put in some crystal silver..sprinkled with gold dust,
See how it transform :p

I can't figure out which wire goes where...
Once I snipped a cable to try fit a 4pin XLR..
All the wires were white in color...
Almost fainted, dunno which is ground or whatnots
Made a wild guess n bingo I got it right..whew.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #3,210 of 6,783
  Bloomy meaning lots of decay. It also seems to be full of resonances maybe (could be the decay) compared to the HE500 making it sound less open. I swear this seems to be like a baby audeze.

Tonality wise, these are amazing. Piano etc sounds very nice.

Edit: HOLY SH** that bass is LINEAR and SHAKES YOUR HEAD

It's a "baby AudeZe" now.
WAIT UNTIL IT GROWS UP [with burn-in].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back