Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,181 of 6,783
Mar 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,182 of 6,783

A pair of K518 pads coming my way...hope it fits. 
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/251271699972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

================

Dust off my LCD2...ooooooo...such a beau...love this can forever. Love at first sound too..unfatigueing.
The timbre on this can is delicious...i need to stuff goosedown into the Mikrosbelly n see how it sounds.

Lors...I would like to know if the pads you linked are a good fit.  I bought the pads below and they were good on width but too short top to bottom.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUKZB8U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2WTRFVUF3KS1R&coliid=IMW94BFXJ86BC

I just could not get them to stretch enough to get them on in place of the Mikros pads...sent them back to Amazon.  From the measurements it looks the Beats Solo pads (6 mm x 7 mm) are the closest fit to the Mikros of any replacement pads I have come across.  Looks like there is a plastic gizmo on the back for mounting.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #3,183 of 6,783
  Does the separation get better, bloom decrease, and treble/upper mids smooth out after burn in?

They definitely start to change after 50 hours.  Patience, grasshopper.   

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #3,184 of 6,783
WELP! TIME TO RESTART MY EVALUATION! FKING BASS BOOSTER WAS ON (figures... I feared that after I kept thinking how ridiculous the bass quantity was) FOR IDK WHAT REASON! Sounds much leaner and better IMO now. Much more balanced LOL. So much leaner... Now only bad thing I can really say tbh is the treble/upper mids.

So... take back EVERYTHING I SAID now. I will restate my opinions soon LOL.

Oh man, these sound much more like the HE500 now, just that treble.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,185 of 6,783
  WELP! TIME TO RESTART MY EVALUATION! FKING BASS BOOSTER WAS ON (figures... I feared that after I kept thinking how ridiculous the bass quantity was) FOR IDK WHAT REASON! Sounds much leaner and better IMO now. Much more balanced LOL. So much leaner... Now only bad thing I can really say tbh is the treble/upper mids.

So... take back EVERYTHING I SAID now. I will restate my opinions soon LOL.

Oh man, these sound much more like the HE500 now, just that treble.

Yup. Just wait until after burn in. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #3,186 of 6,783
I'm scared. BTW that bloom/decay problem is gone now :3 lol

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #3,188 of 6,783
I don't want it to go. Stop. We will see. I will say that this definitely throws the he500 price/performance out of the water, but it doesn't BEAT it. HE500 definitely wins in transparency, imaging, and refinement of course.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #3,189 of 6,783
  I don't want it to go. Stop. We will see. I will say that this definitely throws the he500 price/performance out of the water, but it doesn't BEAT it. HE500 definitely wins in transparency and imaging still.

^ No one ever said you have choose between the two, see what's so good about these Logans is that it's dirt cheap these days and they can actually perform at the $300 level so......

Worth keepin' to say the least, shoot you even get a fancy leather hard case which is already worth like $20 if you buy it elsewhere. LMAO 

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3,190 of 6,783
^ IKR THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! JUST IN PARTS ALONE THESE ARE >$50! And yeah definitely worth keeping. Especially when it can perform this well as a PORTABLE!

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #3,191 of 6,783

Thanks @Darknet! I quoted both of your posts above for my own nefarious purposes.

With the hole uncovered, I was getting way too much bass in my left driver, and maybe a bit too much in my right driver. Here are pics of my driver holes:
I think that maybe I somehow removed the stuff that shown in the right driver hole from the left driver hole (maybe I stuck a screwdriver in there in some fit of stupidity), and this resulted in excessive bass from the left driver.

At any rate, I covered the holes with 1 layer of Darknet patented party streamer. The left driver is still producing more bass than the right, but it's no longer a huge difference. I might cover the left hole with 2 layers though to try and even it out. Regardless, I'm pretty happy at the moment :)

Oh, and I will be giving that track a listen for sure - thanks!

LOL that patent :p I wonder if different party streamer types have different effects... with paper you would  think that different companies use different manufacturing processes and result in slightly different effects though I wouldn't think it would be too significant of an effect. In any case, glad to see that the stuff is working for your mods. 
I actually haven't checked inside the holes so haven't noticed the "stuff" (for the lack of a better word lol) inside the enclosure. If the design is similar to the q701 at all, that hole probably leads directly to the driver so modifying that may be a bit risky.

Oh and SF have you modded yours inside yet (or did I just miss impressions)? like not the pads but all the hypedbass, hearthrubass, etc (sorry Lorspeaker, probably butchered those names lol) would be interested in your impressions if you ever decide to or already did mod them.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #3,192 of 6,783
  ^ IKR THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! JUST IN PARTS ALONE THESE ARE >$50! And yeah definitely worth keeping. Especially when it can perform this well as a PORTABLE!

^ Somehow that makes ZERO SENSE to me, you gias are nuts!!!
deadhorse.gif

LOL that patent :p I wonder if different party streamer types have different effects... with paper you would  think that different companies use different manufacturing processes and result in slightly different effects though I wouldn't think it would be too significant of an effect. In any case, glad to see that the stuff is working for your mods. 
I actually haven't checked inside the holes so haven't noticed the "stuff" (for the lack of a better word lol) inside the enclosure. If the design is similar to the q701 at all, that hole probably leads directly to the driver so modifying that may be a bit risky.

Oh and SF have you modded yours inside yet (or did I just miss impressions)? like not the pads but all the hypedbass, hearthrubass, etc (sorry Lorspeaker, probably butchered those names lol) would be interested in your impressions if you ever decide to or already did mod them.

^ Cough Cough, hmmmmmmmmmmm no comment.

In due tyme in due tyme.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #3,193 of 6,783
  ^ Somehow that makes ZERO SENSE to me, you gias are nuts!!!
deadhorse.gif

^ Cough Cough, hmmmmmmmmmmm no comment.

In due tyme in due tyme.
ksc75smile.gif

Huh? How does that not make sense?

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #3,195 of 6,783
Dammit. I thought so, but couldn't be sure hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back