1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Marshall's new cans, the Monitor headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jamesm, May 2, 2013.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12
Next

Last
  1. inthere
    oh man, my Audeze Sines click, my Audeze EL-8 clicks, my Mitchell & Johnson electrostatic farts. My Parrot Zik explodes!

2. SirMarc
    I only have open cans. Maybe its a closed can thing? Schiit man, I am sorry. Sounds like you're like me, which is not always a good thing lol

3. inthere
    Seems like every headphone I own makes noises when I push the cups.......I think it's a closed thing because it didn't happen with the HD650's or the PM-1

4. SirMarc
    My Senn HD580's, 650's and 598se's only make a pad compressing kind of sound. Its probably a pressure thing since they're closed. I'm gonna try to not think about it if I like them after break in

5. SirMarc
    Thanks for your help by the way, even if it backfired lol

6. SirMarc
    Hey inthere, does the bass calm down some as they break in?

7. inthere
    Not sure, my bass usually starts out pretty light and sterile, then it warms up and tightens up.

8. SirMarc
    Its very bloomy right now after a few hours. If it tightens up, I may keep them. Hope it does, I like how they look and feel, and the price was definitely right...

9. SirMarc
    Has anyone tried an aftermarket cable? I'm not really a cable guy, quality ofc cable like Bluejeans is usually as far as I'll go, but I've read over the years that a straight cable generally sounds better then one with inline controls. Thanks

10. SirMarc
    Probably have about 40 hours burning in wrapped in a towel, and the bass is tightening up nicely. I think I'll keep them. I think they'll be a fun alternative to my open Sennheisers. Thanks for the help guys

11. Mark Up
    I'm not sure if this was asked before. Has anyone tried the HM5 or other larger, thicker pads on these?

12. Driftbum
    I too would like to know of alternate pads that could provide a better experience with these cans

13. SirMarc
    Been using these while I work on job sites. With a gentle curve from 2k up, like a lopsided smiley face, I really like how they sound. If anyone finds them too dark, give it a shot, you might be surprised.

14. Tic-Tac
    Anyone had a chance to compare these with Sony MDR-1A?

15. HungryPanda
    I have both, Sony's are over ear and have much more bass, they are also much more comfortable but more expensive

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12
Next

Last