Marantz HD-DAC1
Oct 24, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #587 of 1,283
Anybody else having issues with the HD-DAC1 and El Capitan or is it just me?

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #588 of 1,283
  Anybody else having issues with the HD-DAC1 and El Capitan or is it just me?

The sound/midi settings for it changed to 352,8 Hz (which it doesn't support), after changing it back it worked fine. 
After running out of battery and the computer turned off it changed back again for some reason, a normal restart doesn't have the same effect thankfully.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #589 of 1,283

The sound/midi settings for it changed to 352,8 Hz (which it doesn't support), after changing it back it worked fine. 
After running out of battery and the computer turned off it changed back again for some reason, a normal restart doesn't have the same effect thankfully.

Yeah, I had to change my settings in Vox to convert rate to the device, then it started working fine. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #595 of 1,283
Hi, Audionewbi,
I've been meaning to ask you seeing that you are actively following Chord Mojo if you consider it a considerable SQ upgrade over HD-DAC1. I am using HD-DAC1 both as a HP amplifier (Fidelio x2, Grado S325is) and a DAC to a REGA Brio. Portability is not the leading factor for me.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #596 of 1,283
Hi, Audionewbi,
I've been meaning to ask you seeing that you are actively following Chord Mojo if you consider it a considerable SQ upgrade over HD-DAC1. I am using HD-DAC1 both as a HP amplifier (Fidelio x2, Grado S325is) and a DAC to a REGA Brio. Portability is not the leading factor for me.

It always comes down to synergy. Once you have found the right pair their is no need for improving an already good sounding pairing.

With th900 I have a perfect pairing and to be honest I haven't compared my other gears critically. I enjoy music too much with th900 too really want to do that.

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #597 of 1,283
Sometimes we forget that technology gives us only part of the joy with music and focus only on that part...
Maybe we should see more the way we feel the music instead of the gear that brings it.
Following new technology is fun, but so is listening to our favourite pieces no matter if we use the latest gismo.
Happy listening and thanks for your thoughts on this forum and others.
regular_smile .gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #598 of 1,283
Such a wise reply ! Like you said we are tend to forget that the priority is to enjoy the music we listen to and let's be honest ... we dont "need"" a 2000$ pair of headphones with a 1500$ amp to do so ! 

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #600 of 1,283
  I only use Optical from my Mac, do you guys thing USB is better to be used? 

I'm not sure that it makes a big difference. This DAC doesn't seem to wildly favor a particular input type for sound quality, although some might find the USB input to sound the best. I think USB has some advantages (in terms of file types, bit rate, etc.) so, I'd rather use the most versatile input for my Mac, jic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back