Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Jul 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #46 of 167
I purchased a pair of FiiO RE-SE1 cables for my Shure SE215's and I am delighted with them. There is an audible improvement over the stock cables in overall frequency response, presence, and clarity, well worth the asking price. No connector problems so far, either, as I had with the original Shure cables when first purchased. My interest in my SE215's is rekindled!

Just got mine today. Totally agree with you man! It has once again brought new life into my se215. Was initially using the 535 sadly never had the chance to try this cables on it as i had sold it to get the SE846. Hope the cables pairs well with it when it comes next week that is if i get mine within the first batch. New life was added to it when i paired it with the AK120 now with the new cables its just amazing.

In terms of sound. The RC-SE1 improves the sound stage and the bass is definitely much tighter than original cables. (Not too sure if the audible difference is due to the fact the the originals are old and has oxidised as it has turned green in certain parts) So someone with new original cables should try to make the comparison too.

Definitely a worthy replacement cable to get. Considering the fact that replacement for original cables are just so damn ex.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #47 of 167
Spent 20 minutes with this cable today, because i was thinking of replacing my 2 year-old Westone cable.

Sonically, i cannot tell any difference between both cables. Maybe 20 minutes listening time was too short.

I was put off by the microphonics. Before i played my music (my customs were already in my ears), i unintentionally brushed the cable along the table's edge and the vibrations were very audible in my ears. This, i was told, was due to the silver in the fiio cable picking up more vibrations than the copper in my Westone cable. Is this true? Does cable material contribute to the microphonics?

Next, the jack casing on the demo unit i tried can actually be unscrewed. I didn't unscrew it fully to see what's inside. My rig is an ultra-portable, just phone > customs, so once i reach home (or the office) the customs get unplugged and goes into a case till the next time i need to travel. Not sure if all units have this problem, but I do not want to tighten the casing everytime i plug/unplug my customs.

For the price it's a worthwhile switch, but i'm not sure i can live with the microphonics :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #48 of 167
Quote:
Spent 20 minutes with this cable today, because i was thinking of replacing my 2 year-old Westone cable.

Sonically, i cannot tell any difference between both cables. Maybe 20 minutes listening time was too short.

I was put off by the microphonics. Before i played my music (my customs were already in my ears), i unintentionally brushed the cable along the table's edge and the vibrations were very audible in my ears. This, i was told, was due to the silver in the fiio cable picking up more vibrations than the copper in my Westone cable. Is this true? Does cable material contribute to the microphonics?

Next, the jack casing on the demo unit i tried can actually be unscrewed. I didn't unscrew it fully to see what's inside. My rig is an ultra-portable, just phone > customs, so once i reach home (or the office) the customs get unplugged and goes into a case till the next time i need to travel. Not sure if all units have this problem, but I do not want to tighten the casing everytime i plug/unplug my customs.

For the price it's a worthwhile switch, but i'm not sure i can live with the microphonics :frowning2:

Yupp totally agree with you ... only noticed the sound of the vibration the following day when i brought it out and while i was walking the cables rubbed against my bag creating a noisy sound .. haha

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #49 of 167
Has FIIO tested the [size=small]RC-WT1 with the Unique Melody Triple Fi 10 reshells with recessed sockets or am i the guinea pig ?[/size]

[size=small]I already ordered them from Amazon last week and damn they are taking long to get here!! :frowning2: [/size]

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #52 of 167
I've been searching for a new Westone cable and this looks great but why is it so hard to find one with music controls....heck I don't even care for an in-line mic, just something that will start/stop/ff/reverse and maybe control the volume....and it's impossible to find! I'm adding this to my Amazon wish list for the holidays anyway though.
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #58 of 167
Quote:
Has FIIO tested the [size=small]RC-WT1 with the Unique Melody Triple Fi 10 reshells with recessed sockets or am i the guinea pig ?[/size]

[size=small]I already ordered them from Amazon last week and damn they are taking long to get here!! :frowning2: [/size]

My TF10 is reshelled with westone sockets, also from UM.

I can see a bit of gap when the RC-WT1 cable is fitted, but the sound is still good. You can always file the connectors if you encounter a similar situation.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #60 of 167
Quote:
where can i get these in the UK?

FiiO RC-SE1 is the model i need, they dont appear on amazon.co.uk

You can contact our sales agents in U.K, below is the contact information, and you can also send email to market@fiio.com.cn and buy from us directly.

Distributor Advanced MP3 Players
Address Advanced MP3 Players Units 15 & 17 West Gorgie Parks Edinburgh EH14 1UT,UK
TEL 0843 289 6880
FAX 0131 464 4884
Email  
Web Site www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

[size=0px !important]  [/size]

20121204115211.png

Sales Agent EA Audio
Address 209 Aldershort Road, Church Crookham, Fleet, Hampshire, GU52 8EH, United Kingdom
TEL  
FAX  
Email  
Web Site www.ea-audio.co.uk

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back