Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Aug 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #61 of 167
I just picked up a pair of the WT-1s to go with my SM64. I really do not like the memory guides on the SM64 stock cable so for that alone the Fiio's are better for me. I'm digging the sound out of them so far - not that much noticeable difference, maybe a tiny bit of help with the bass but that could be a placebo effect my brain is playing on me.

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #62 of 167
I got a pair for my Westone 4R to replace my damaged cable. I do like them more than the stock Epic, although my ears are not that discerning and I can't really do a comparison with my original cable broken and all.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #63 of 167
I really like how it sound and all but some how i feel that due to its poor built quality it doesn't last long. My left connector for my Shure was connection problems and the nice shop owner was kind enough to have them replaced for me. The first two pair of cables he took out could not even fit in. And the next one within the next day had connection problem. As i didn't want to trouble the shop owner any more didn't get him to change it for me again. Realized due to poor QC it kinda have fitting issues and all. And from what i heard he even mentioned that i wasn't the first customer who had issue with the cables. Definitely much better sound than my shure stock cables and for such a price. However if only there could be more quality in terms of its built would definitely be great. Not sure if you guys face the same problem.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #64 of 167
The Shure sockets are prone to problems. I had the Shure sockets on my reshell and I hated how the sound would cut in and out if I move my head. Therefore, I got the sockets replace with Westone pins. I noticed the WT-1 cable has one pin longer than the other, but it does not affect the fit or sound. For the price of the cable I don't expect it to be anywhere near my Whiplash Cable, but it's better than stock cable.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #65 of 167
Yeah I guess with such a design one would require a lot of precision. Which mean qc is very inportant. I've never had any problems with my stock cables even after 2 years other than the fact it has oxidised and the copper is now green. I guess the design was meant to allow freedom of movement but the argument would be who the hell moves so much that it requires that much freedom of rotation. Haha sadlydue to this implementation of such design all other cables require much higher precision else failure to function properly.

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #67 of 167
Does the RC-UE2 fit re-shelled Triple Fi 10s too?

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #69 of 167

Only you can answer the question: Are you still using you old UE cable for the reshell or a different cable? 

I was hoping a representative from Fiio could respond. I don't have my old UE cable to test this :frowning2:

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #70 of 167
Citraian: The answer lies within the reshelling company, not the cable company: when you reshell they ask which connectors you want: if you wanna keep the UE or prefer a Westone/JH audio. (Recessed or normal socket)

UM, Ineaz or 1964 by de facto install Westone/JH/Earsonics unless you say the opposite. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #71 of 167
Ah, so either the RC-UE2 or the RC-WT1 should work depending if the socket is normal or recessed?

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #72 of 167
  Ah, so either the RC-UE2 or the RC-WT1 should work depending if the socket is normal or recessed?

I didn't explain myself better. I must presume you have a TF10 and you want to reshell them. Did you pick the company already? UM, Ineaz or 1964 reshell IEMs. 

Stock Pin Size Chart.
Cable
Size (inches)
Size (mm)
Jerry Harvey Audio JH16
0.029​
0.75​

​
 ​
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10
0.027​
0.68​

As you can see, the cables are not interchangeable.
Most of the companies uses the same Jerry Harvey cable (JH) stock cable for reshelling, so if you're planning to buy a cable, you should for ask for a WT1, unless you specifically ask to use the same/ original cable

Check this thread (About recessed and flush socket) both are the same JH/Westone socket.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/546734/recessed-sockets-vs-non-recessed-sockets

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #73 of 167

I didn't explain myself better. I must presume you have a TF10 and you want to reshell them. Did you pick the company already? UM, Ineaz or 1964 reshell IEMs. 

Stock Pin Size Chart.
Cable
Size (inches)
Size (mm)
Jerry Harvey Audio JH16
0.029​
0.75​

​
 ​
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10
0.027​
0.68​

As you can see, the cables are not interchangeable.
Most of the companies uses the same Jerry Harvey cable (JH) stock cable for reshelling, so if you're planning to buy a cable, you should for ask for a WT1, unless you specifically ask to use the same/ original cable

Check this thread (About recessed and flush socket) both are the same JH/Westone socket.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/546734/recessed-sockets-vs-non-recessed-sockets

Sorry, I didn't explain myself better either.
I already did the reshelling at a local company and they changed the sockets. When I asked, they said that the headphones should be compatible with any normal aftermarket cable, as any other custom IEM. The one thing I know is that they changed the sockets and that the cable they use barely fitted in the old TripleFi sockets (it had bigger pins).
So I suppose... WT1 it is, right?

Thanks for all the help :) I'm new to custom IEMs

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #75 of 167
I noticed so much different sound in my Classic SE215 with the RC-SE 1, better clarity and the bass is not bloated like the stock cable used to be, the bass is solid and more punchy. But the problem is that, does it oxidized? James FiiO pls replyyyy 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back