Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Sep 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #77 of 167
@dennis611: yes of course but you can make them dissapear by using the shirt clip from FiiO (its included)

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #79 of 167
I've been using my fiio rc se1 for about a month now to my shure se535 (clear). I bought it because my stock cable is already oxidizing and it makes me sad everytime i see its poor state.
With or without sound improvement was actually ok with me as long as i see my se535 sexy again, besides I really dont think that there would be any difference in the sound quality. I dont believe about improvement in sound quality just by simply changing its cable -- until -- my own ears heard it.

The bass are now tighter and has more impact, the soundstage a bit wider, highs are clearer and the overall sound became a bit more crisp and detailed.
In contrary, I would say that these improvements did not "wow" me, i mean, yea it sounds better than before but its really not that much of a difference but dont get me wrong I am happy with the sound improvement especially the bass. And besides with a price of only Php1,400 (do the math) i think it is worth it.

Keep in mind three things about this cable though:
1. I think the connection is somewhat a bit loose that at some point, my music gets on-off especially if i turn my head abruptly or if purposely wiggle the cable.

2. The 2 inch-plasticky-memory-thingy is sometimes not comfortable when its edge touches the back of my ear.

3. When my music is off there is the microphonics that is amazingly annoying.

Like: A new cool look to my Shure se535 and a bit overall sound improvement.

Dislike: As mentioned above :p

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #84 of 167
Yes cable has very bad mircophonic issue .... with regards to it turning green any cable that uses copper core will turn green ... copper oxide .... the only difference is that those that have better seal will not oxidise as fast .... only way to have a cable remain all shiny and silver is to have cable that doesnt use copper eg pure silver haha ... but so far after 4month it hasn't turn green really depends on how you maintain it too

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #85 of 167
Yes cable has very bad mircophonic issue .... with regards to it turning green any cable that uses copper core will turn green ... copper oxide .... the only difference is that those that have better seal will not oxidise as fast .... only way to have a cable remain all shiny and silver is to have cable that doesnt use copper eg pure silver haha ... but so far after 4month it hasn't turn green really depends on how you maintain it too

How bad is the microphonics as compared to stocked?

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #86 of 167
Which stock ??? Compared to both my shure and jh16 stock the fiio cable was noisy... it made noise just by rubbing against you clothes ... not got for people who moved a lot... thats the down side ... but lets not forget about its pros ... compared to shure stock and at a cost of only 50sgd they sound superb

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #87 of 167
Which stock ??? Compared to both my shure and jh16 stock the fiio cable was noisy... it made noise just by rubbing against you clothes ... not got for people who moved a lot... thats the down side ... but lets not forget about its pros ... compared to shure stock and at a cost of only 50sgd they sound superb

Stock as in TF10's.

Aside from noise this Fioo is better than the TF10 stock?

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #89 of 167
Anyone have their cable breaking apart near the housing that contains the plug? I've had the cable (second hand) for a little over a month now and I only get sound out of the right monitor of my UM3X's.

Wonder if it's worth contacting Fiio support considering I purchased these second hand.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #90 of 167
I picked up a set of these for my Se-215's, and I'm really liking it so far. I don't find the microphonics to be very bad at all. I'm not certain I hear a massive difference in sound, but I really like the new look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back