Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Dec 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #91 of 167
received my wt1 today.

so much improvement from the rc ue1 cable.

and it is a lot lighter!

so far im very satisfied with this cable.

a little bit question to james.

does this cable turn green overtime?

does this still use oyaide material like the rcue1 cable? although the jack is oyaide-look-alike.

Dec 11, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #92 of 167
I received my cable 3 weeks ago.
And today I see that some cables are broken, 2 cables are cut and other damaged just before the jack. It's really amazing, I've never had it on my other cable and I'm very careful with my equipment.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #93 of 167
Just got the RC-SE1 today for my shure se215 :)

The cable is alot better than the stock cable, its lighter, less bulky and doesnt have that annoying memory wire that coils around the ear. The cable does have a little memory though, which puts it on the slightly stiffer side, but i feel the stiffness is just right for it to not tangle easily. The braid is fantastic and feels very strong.
The jack, solid metal, is very well made, quality similar or even better than Dunu's earphones.

The only problem i find is that the cable is quite microphonic despite being worn over the ears. The sound can be heard just by rubbing the cables lightly against anything and while walking can be irritating. Luckily, they provided a shirt clip that reduces the microphonics alot.

Overall, at a price of $40 SGD i got on a deal, this are definitely worth buying to replace the stock cable. If you listen to music on public transport the microphonics would not be a problem, just don't expect to go jogging with these.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #94 of 167
Got a pair of 1964 ears v3 very interested at this cable.
is the microphonic really that bad?
the build quality looks good compared to my black stock 1964 ears cable.
i havent seen any pictures of the clip that is included. could someone help me out 
biggrin.gif

and the price is simply stunning. love this chinese company Fiio they're doing a great job with this and their new x3/x5.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #95 of 167
So is the microphonics on these, particularly the Shure model, pretty bad? I'm interested in the shorter cable and how it could change the sound of my SE215s, but at one third the price of the headphones, I don't know if dealing with microphonics is better than rolling up the end of the cable as I feel microphonics is pretty non existent at the moment, and I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound with most of my music.

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #96 of 167
I got my pair in and I actually think they've helped my SE215s a bit. It's not a night and day difference, but the bass isn't as bloated as before, and I'm getting a bit more detail and instrument separation that I was missing from my SR325s. The microphonics are only really bad when the music is off or it's on a low volume, or when you plug it into your audio source. My pair is cutting in and out though, and I'm not sure if it's because of the sockets, since my stock cables have been completely fine. Considering others have mentioned questionable quality control with these(one of the wires looks like its insulation is cut), I'm just going to send them back. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #97 of 167
  I got my pair in and I actually think they've helped my SE215s a bit. It's not a night and day difference, but the bass isn't as bloated as before, and I'm getting a bit more detail and instrument separation that I was missing from my SR325s. The microphonics are only really bad when the music is off or it's on a low volume, or when you plug it into your audio source. My pair is cutting in and out though, and I'm not sure if it's because of the sockets, since my stock cables have been completely fine. Considering others have mentioned questionable quality control with these(one of the wires looks like its insulation is cut), I'm just going to send them back. 

questionable QC? was yours bad? are you going to get a new one?

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #98 of 167
I mentioned that the insulation looks like it had been cut as well my audio cutting in and out, and I haven't been the first one to bring those things up. The sockets themselves also seem pretty loose compared to the stock ones. I don't think I'm going to get ask for a new pair and hope that I get a good pair. It's not worth the hassle, I'll just roll up the end of my cable and hope Shure makes a shorter one in the future, as I've been plenty satisfied with theirs.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #99 of 167
just ordered a Fiio RC-WT1 .

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #100 of 167
4yveny9y.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #101 of 167
i think the microphonic is caused by soft end at the IEM.
but the microphonic is really bad. you can hear everything. i really have to sight tight in order to hear nothing. i can even hear the rubbing on my sweater. very annoying....

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #102 of 167
Well, i decided to buy one for my shure SE535, despite the fact of the microphonics mentioned in this thread. They arrived today and have listened to them for a while. The sound is better, more high and bass. But with every move you make, the wow factor is disappearing. Damm are these cables noisy. They may sound better than the stock shure's, but even with the clip applied the microphonics are affecting the sound to much. Going to send them back and have a look at those dampers from knowles.

Jan 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #103 of 167
Here is my review of FiiO RC-SE1, as a replacement cable for UE900 and W40, also works as a replacement cable for SE-series. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000042227825&MenuID=105026014

Arrived in a small envelope with a clear panel view, its a straight forward packaging.  I'm glad I didn't have to cut anything to remove these wires; it was easy to open and I will be able to re-use it in the future for storage.  I know it probably makes sense to talk about the construction quality first, but I want to jump straight to a sound test :)  There is definitely a noticeable sound improvement.  I spent at least an hour last night doing a/b comparison between stock braided cables (of both UE900 and W40), and going between different sound sources: my Note 2 by itself, with E18 connected, and new X5.  I felt the soundstage opened up, and there was an improvement in bass and treble details.  Treble definitely got more sparkle, especially noticeable with W40, and bass is more detailed and punchier (more noticeable with UE900).  Also, the sound level improved because of a thicker wire thus lower impedance (lower voltage drop).  With a sound level improvement, the dynamic range improved as well.  In my opinion, FiiO's statement of "make the change with one tiny wire" definitely stands true!

The construction quality is tough, and will give you a piece of mind if your wire gets caught on something as you walking or moving around.  Original braided UE wire always felt flimsy to me, while W40 was an improvement in terms of durability but RC-SE1 surpasses both of them.  3.5mm straight connector is solid, made out of metal, and you can unscrew the outer shell part, probably if you need to fix the wire.  Coaxial connectors mate good with both UE900 and W40, although for W40 it was a bit tight fit because of the plastic housing of the connector and construction of this new Westone W-series.  During the duration of my sound test, I didn't experience any dropouts.  Also, there is a pre-shaped/curved clear shielding wire next to the connectors; it's not a memory wire you can bend.  I actually prefer it because when I store my IEMs inside of the case, memory wires always get messed up and I have to re-shape it all over again.  With this pre-shaped wire it retains the shape without a need for any adjustment.  This cable is also tangle free, another big plus.  There is also a chin slider - great for those who have problems with wires not staying put behind their ears.  Considering it's a braided design, not too many manufactures include chin sliders with such wires, but I'm glad FiiO did.

There was also one included accessory, a shirt clip.  At first I was a bit puzzled by it, but soon realized a purpose: microphonics :frowning2:  It wasn't as bad with UE900, perhaps due to more clearance with earbud connection, but it was worse with W40.  The shape and placement of the connector on W40 made it more difficult for the cable attachment, although it worked fine.  Perhaps, that was one of the reasons why microphonics effect was more pronounced with Westones.  I can't comment on SE215 or SE535, since I don't have those at my disposal.  This microphonics was very noticeable with music off.  Once you start playing music, I didn't hear anything, or I should say - it was not noticeable enough to be disruptive.  Since I'm using my W40 purely for listening pleasure at home, the benefit of sound improvement is significantly higher than microphonics effect :wink:  So, I can live with it.  The only other comment I have, I wish there would be a version in all neutral-black color.  I understand the original RC-SE1 was designed with SE-series in mind, thus a clear cable, but with more users of UE900 (blue color) and new W-series line (black and interchangeable faceplates), I think all black version of the cable would be highly welcome!!!

Overall, I think its a fantastic accessory if you can live with microphonics effect (when sound is off).  That effect will also vary between different headphone brands.  As I mentioned above, the improvement in sound is definitely enough to justify getting it, and for $30 (on amazon) its a bargain!

Here are the pictures.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #104 of 167
JamesFIIO:

What wire is used in the RC-SE1?  I know the wire is silver plated copper, but what copper is used?  Is it PCOCC?  PCOCC-A? OFC?  

I know that the black headphone cables (HD-1, MH-1, UX-1) use PCOCC-A, but I want to know about the wire used in the braided, clear-jacketed headphone cables.

Please respond.

Thank you, you guys at FIIO have great customer service.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #105 of 167
  JamesFIIO:

What wire is used in the RC-SE1?  I know the wire is silver plated copper, but what copper is used?  Is it PCOCC?  PCOCC-A? OFC?  

I know that the black headphone cables (HD-1, MH-1, UX-1) use PCOCC-A, but I want to know about the wire used in the braided, clear-jacketed headphone cables.

Please respond.

Thank you, you guys at FIIO have great customer service.

OFC, 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back