Maintenance Questions
Oct 30, 2001 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
This is for those of you with fast connections most of all (those of you with dial-ups can also feel free to answer):

How fast is the forum loading for you throughout the day lately? In the past (prior to two weeks ago)?

Do you find that the images (buttons, logos, etc.) are loading fast or slow for you now? In the past (prior to two weeks ago)?

We've been working on some of the guts of things, and I wanted to see what's going on for everyone. Please also indicate the kind of connection you have in your answers.

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 18
I got 64k ISDN here. boy it's slow, I wish I had my cable connection back
frown.gif
this forum is like vroom vroom most of time tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
I got 64k ISDN here. boy it's slow, I wish I had my cable connection back
frown.gif
this forum is like vroom vroom most of time tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Braver: So you're attributing the slowness to your current 64k ISDN? Or it's even slower than it usually is on that 64k ISDN?

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 18
only 56K but this forum blazes right now,weekend was a tad sluggish.Cable modem in my area sucks,way too many users means not much gain.I don't know what these folks did before cable TV (lake/mountain/houses/road/lake/mountain)

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 18
it's faster than most sites I guess...don't visit too many sites outside Head-Fi anymore to be honest
smily_headphones1.gif

but like going to this post-a-message page: I click the button, the ;ittle lights flash up on the screen, in under a second the "loading page"-bar fills up and whoop there it is.

vroom vroom
smily_headphones1.gif

now if someone goes posting screenwide pics of their setups, I got to have some patient, get a cup of coffee in the mean time, maybe restart loading a few pics...I want cable
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 18
Cable modem over here. Generally, loading time is pretty quick. The slowest things to load are definitely the images (talking about message icons, the smilies box on the reply page, stuff like that), and sometimes they'll be rendered w/ a bunch of extra space around them. But that happens off and on, usually when the entire site is going slower than usual, which isn't often.

Oct 30, 2001 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 18
Usually, Head-Fi is quite fast on my 733 Mhz AMD with Cable connection - faster than Yahoo! Shopping, slower than Headwize.

The fastest I've ever gotten was standard cable-modem fare (1-second wait, or so....).

This site is FAST FO ME!!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2001 at 2:06 AM Post #11 of 18
my longest load time is aprox. 4-5 seconds when i click on a particular forum (like Members' Lounge .. etc).

it takes aprox. 2-3 seconds when i click the reply button (or "new thread"). otherwise I whip through the forums.

There are moments every few days when one page takes ridiculously long to load..... dunno why that is. usually i just hit STOP and RELOAD and i zip along again. vroom vroom !

btw: i have me a xDSL connection.

xDSL2 is coming out soon in my area so I'm looking forward to that
smily_headphones1.gif

haven't really noticed a difference in any of this stuff over the past weeks.

Oct 30, 2001 at 4:48 AM Post #13 of 18
I would have to say that this forum is very fast all the time. I have a relatively fast cable connection and I've never had any wait for any of the pages. Haven't noticed any differences in the last few weeks either..

Oct 30, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #15 of 18
I have an ADSL connection. In general the site has been and still is very fast. However, the image server does seem to be occasionally flaky, taking perhaps 5-10 seconds to load the images when they are normally there in less than a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back