Magic: The Gathering
May 24, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #62 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone?

I'm pretty sure that it is extended legal, but it isn't standard legal. Let me find a link to the tournament website:

Link

I think this will help explain a little on sanctioned tournaments. As to playing with your friends...hey, it's whatever they decide! Personally, we don't play formats. I use everything from the entire history of magic.

Nylan

May 25, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #63 of 224
I've got these cards on order:

4 Mother of Runes
4 Starlit Sanctum
4 Edgewalker
2 Rotlung Reanimator
2 Zealous persecution
4 Deathgreeter
4 Soul Warden
1 Oyobi, who split the heavens
2 Sigiled Paladin
2 Glorious Anthem
3 Dark supplicant
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Cabal Archon
1 Profane Prayers
3 Orzhov Pontiff
1 Phyrexian Arena

Any suggestions on how I should tackle the deck rebuild?

May 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #64 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got these cards on order:

4 Mother of Runes
4 Starlit Sanctum
4 Edgewalker
2 Rotlung Reanimator
2 Zealous persecution
4 Deathgreeter
4 Soul Warden
1 Oyobi, who split the heavens
2 Sigiled Paladin
2 Glorious Anthem
3 Dark supplicant
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Cabal Archon
1 Profane Prayers
3 Orzhov Pontiff
1 Phyrexian Arena

Any suggestions on how I should tackle the deck rebuild?

Well, first thing I would take out would be sigiled paladin, since he isn't going to gain any benefit from your tribal cleric stuff. The whole "Scion of Darkness/Dark supplicant" can be kind of slow, but seeing as you have a number of low-cost clerics, it might be kind of fun to run. I would also totally drop Oyobi. I don't think you have a single other spirit or arcane spell in the whole deck. I would take those out and throw in some good ol' Terror. Nothing says creature removal like terror! I also question the inclusion of deathgreeter, as he's a shaman and not a cleric. However, I'm pretty sure you've found that most one-drop clerics kind of suck.

It seems to me that the deck wins through some board wipe (via the pontiff and zealous persecution) while gaining life to stay in the game long enough to play the Scion of Darkness to win the game. The deck could benefit with some spot removal. What does your mana look like?

Nylan

EDIT: LOL, I thought this was the deck. It would almost be easier to doctor this up in the M:tG forums as they have a way to link cards. Let me do some work on it, and I'll see what I can do.

May 29, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #65 of 224
A friend of mine have cards from Revised (can't quite remember which block, it was the one after Beta) all the way to Mirrodin. Been dabbled around in Type 1 (vintage) and Type 2 (mixed). I started buying after Darksteel and stopped at Cold Snap.

Have tried Arcbound Affinity, Squirrel Opposition, Storm Desire, Revival (blue black, t2 Kamigawa based), Tooth N Nailer, Madness and a bunch of random deck with annoying strategies.

I still have my UB Revival, UG Madness and Desire deck for "serious beatdowns". For casual plays, I love my Ravnica block Niv-Mizzet Pandora deck. Its annoying as hell to shuffle and redraw 7 cards (for each Pandora's Puzzle Box) at each upkeep, but it pings away 7-28 damage per upkeep.
biggrin.gif

My glorious UB Revival:

4x Buried Alive
4x Animate Dead
4x Necromancy
3x Living Death
3x Kokusho, The Evening Dragon
2x Yosei, The Morning Dragon
1x Bladewing the Risen
1x Symbiotic Wurm
4x Rewind
4x Mana Leak
4x Counter Spell

a 50 card deck with about 16 lands. Mostly control based (sit back and turtle), winning condition is to swap Yosei/Kokusho for life drain or tap lock. 3 mana Necromancy (as instant) will save you from many sticky situations, reviving a 5/5 flying that wrecks the game when its sacrificed at the end of turn, or a 7/7 wurm that turns into 7 1/1s. It's over when you cast Living Death with Bladewing, two Kokusho and/or Yosei in the graveyard. Put the Bladewing's come into play effect on stack, sacrifice two Kokusho/Yosei due to Legendary rule, and resolve Bladewing's effect. You can either drain 10 life, or tap 10 targets and force your opponent to skip two untap phase, and still have two big dragons in your field to attack next turn.

biggrin.gif

Still trying to finish my Wake deck.

May 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #67 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine have cards from Revised (can't quite remember which block, it was the one after Beta) all the way to Mirrodin. Been dabbled around in Type 1 (vintage) and Type 2 (mixed). I started buying after Darksteel and stopped at Cold Snap.

Have tried Arcbound Affinity, Squirrel Opposition, Storm Desire, Revival (blue black, t2 Kamigawa based), Tooth N Nailer, Madness and a bunch of random deck with annoying strategies.

I still have my UB Revival, UG Madness and Desire deck for "serious beatdowns". For casual plays, I love my Ravnica block Niv-Mizzet Pandora deck. Its annoying as hell to shuffle and redraw 7 cards (for each Pandora's Puzzle Box) at each upkeep, but it pings away 7-28 damage per upkeep.
biggrin.gif

My glorious UB Revival:

4x Buried Alive
4x Animate Dead
4x Necromancy
3x Living Death
3x Kokusho, The Evening Dragon
2x Yosei, The Morning Dragon
1x Bladewing the Risen
1x Symbiotic Wurm
4x Rewind
4x Mana Leak
4x Counter Spell

a 50 card deck with about 16 lands. Mostly control based (sit back and turtle), winning condition is to swap Yosei/Kokusho for life drain or tap lock. 3 mana Necromancy (as instant) will save you from many sticky situations, reviving a 5/5 flying that wrecks the game when its sacrificed at the end of turn, or a 7/7 wurm that turns into 7 1/1s. It's over when you cast Living Death with Bladewing, two Kokusho and/or Yosei in the graveyard. Put the Bladewing's come into play effect on stack, sacrifice two Kokusho/Yosei due to Legendary rule, and resolve Bladewing's effect. You can either drain 10 life, or tap 10 targets and force your opponent to skip two untap phase, and still have two big dragons in your field to attack next turn.

biggrin.gif

Still trying to finish my Wake deck.

I like the idea. I play a revive deck as well, but very different than yours. I think I'll play with merging the ideas and see how it works out.

May 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #70 of 224
So I started with onslaught and my first tournament was GP Prague 2002(finished 3-5, which was quite good for totaly noob). Later I finished quite good in player of the year(czech republic league) and than I finished second on Nationals 2008(but my record form worlds was nothing great). But this year I don´t have enough time, so I only played one PTQ for Hawai and now I´m testing for this years nationals(Typ 2 is quite weird this year).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #72 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Red Black revival with Anger, I assume?

Of course. Though I don't HAVE to play red since I just use dual lands.

May 31, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #74 of 224
I used to play back when I went to HS, but after I moved back to Southern IL I only found like 2 other people that played, and they sucked, and I found more interesting things to do so I gave up on magic. I still have a lot of cards though, I kept all my rares. I also just found out that Vindicates go for a decent amount on ebay so I am about to list my set today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back