Magic: The Gathering
Jun 2, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #76 of 224
Ah this brings back memories... I used to play in middle school and the beginning of high school.. most of my friends stopped playing, it's a shame because I really enjoyed it. I can't for the life of me remember where I put my decks..

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #77 of 224
Just bought a Morningtide fat pack today since it was more than 50% off.

I don't know why, but the Magic addiction is taking hold again....

Anyway, my new and improved Cleric deck

12 x Plains
8 x Swamps
4 x Starlit sanctum

3 x Edgewalker
3 x Dark supplicant
1 x Scion of Darkness
2 x Rotlung reanimator
2 x Cabal Archon
4 x Soul Warden
3 x Doubtless one
3 x Orzhov Pontiff
2 x Deathgreeter
4 x Mother of Runes

2 x Zealous Persecution
4 x Unmake
3 x Profane prayers
2 x Phyrexian Arena.

62 cards total.

Any opinoins?

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #78 of 224
^ Way better deck! I would cut the glorious anthem (save them for a white weenie deck or something). Get that down to 60 cards and it's actually pretty solid.

Excellent!

Nylan

PS: I'm currently working on two decks at the moment; a miracle gro (featuring Quirion Dryad) deck and a infinite token deck abusing Intruder Alarm. Have to wait until the move before I can build them.

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #79 of 224
I'm building a second cleric deck to go along with it as well.

The basic card list is off here: Building On A Budget - Clerics : Wizards of the Coast

But I plan on tweaking that up with some cards leftover from my first cleric deck as well. I think I might move battletide alchemist over to that new deck, and cut 1 edgewalker out and put that and my spare one into the 2nd deck as well.

I guess glorious anthem could be sideboarded.

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #81 of 224
I had a bunch of leftover cards from rebuilding my first cleric deck, and after reading this article: Building On A Budget - Clerics : Wizards of the Coast I decided to try and build something around that since I had quiet a number of the cards mentioned.

12 x Swamps
11 x Plains
4 x Terramorphic expanse

2 x Battletide Alchemist
2 x True Believer
2 x Whipgrass entangler
2 x Akroma's devoted
2 x Deathgreeter
2 x Vile Deacon
2 x Sigiled Paladin
3 x Teroh's faithful
1 x Master apothecary
2 x Daunting defenders
4 x Benevolent Bodyguard
1 x Valor
1 x Withered Wretch

2 x Glorious Anthem
2 x Unquestioned authority
1 x Decree of Justice

I know the deck isn't very consistent, but I'd like to keep expenses to a minimum on this deck. Should I just run with the original card list, or should I purchase a small number of cards like Rotlung Reanimator?

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #83 of 224
Having stopped playing Magic for a long long time, I'm not familiar with the current card sets and boxes out there.

Anyway, a friend of mine recently suggested that I buy one of the duel deck sets. Which one should I buy, and are they decent to play with??

Also, there seem to be some home brew decks on ebay that are ready to play, and seem to look like good value for money. Are they worth it?

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #85 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having stopped playing Magic for a long long time, I'm not familiar with the current card sets and boxes out there.

Anyway, a friend of mine recently suggested that I buy one of the duel deck sets. Which one should I buy, and are they decent to play with??

Also, there seem to be some home brew decks on ebay that are ready to play, and seem to look like good value for money. Are they worth it?

The duel decks aren't too bad. For 20 USD, you could invest in way worse stuff. The upcoming duel deck (Demonic Vs. Divine) might be the best way to go since you'll get some good black and white cards. As to these home brew decks, can you post a link?

I see that you've posted on the casual forums on M:tG. That's the best place for deck help. There are people in there who have a much deeper understanding of the game than I.

Good luck,

Nylan

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #89 of 224
Hmm, not too sure how the new rules will work since I have like 6 years worth of catching up to do.

I Purchased both the Jace VS Chandra as well as the Devine VS Demonic duel decks, and they were both great fun.

The devine deck seemed to be awfully slow compared to the Demonic, but I would say both decks are relatively well balanced. The Jace VS Chandra duel decks seem to favor Chandra more than Jace though.

Also purchased the old Urza's legacy - Radiant's revenge preconstructed theme deck for kicks Ah, the good old days of Urza.....That theme deck is actually quiet fun to play with, and I miss the days when they used to include little booklets with the decks which told a story. Sigh.

And is it just me, or is Phage the Untouchable a rather over-rated card? 7 to cast 4/4, and you have to deal combat damage to a player for it to work. I guess you could use it with something cheap like Fear for a game winner, but I'm pondering whether it'll be a useful addition to my deck...

Jun 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #90 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, not too sure how the new rules will work since I have like 6 years worth of catching up to do.

I Purchased both the Jace VS Chandra as well as the Devine VS Demonic duel decks, and they were both great fun.

The devine deck seemed to be awfully slow compared to the Demonic, but I would say both decks are relatively well balanced. The Jace VS Chandra duel decks seem to favor Chandra more than Jace though.

Also purchased the old Urza's legacy - Radiant's revenge preconstructed theme deck for kicks Ah, the good old days of Urza.....That theme deck is actually quiet fun to play with, and I miss the days when they used to include little booklets with the decks which told a story. Sigh.

And is it just me, or is Phage the Untouchable a rather over-rated card? 7 to cast 4/4, and you have to deal combat damage to a player for it to work. I guess you could use it with something cheap like Fear for a game winner, but I'm pondering whether it'll be a useful addition to my deck...

Phage is pretty over-hyped, but there are tons of people who try to "break" her, hoping to find a combo that actually works. I've never been a huge fan of Phage, but I've pulled a couple in my time. More or less, she's a fan favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back