Magic: The Gathering
Jun 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #108 of 224
Wow, there are Magic players on Head-fi?

With the introduction of Mythic Rares and a huge rules change, not to mention a few bad decisions by Wizards, I have stopped following recent Magic advancements.

My playgroup is strictly Old Extended, Legacy, and Type 1/Vintage. It makes for a much useful and diverse format. It also means that your old cards hold their same value. Though I can understand newer players being drawn towards the newer formats.

My favorite color was, is, and will forever be blue. haha

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #109 of 224
Yeah, I prefer the old cards to be honest, and my cleric deck has cards like Mother of Runes which goes all the way back to Urza's legacy.

Anybody here play unhinged? I want to get some of those old cards cos they seem fun.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #110 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I prefer the old cards to be honest, and my cleric deck has cards like Mother of Runes which goes all the way back to Urza's legacy.

Anybody here play unhinged? I want to get some of those old cards cos they seem fun.

haha, Unhinged is pretty fun. Its always good to pull an Ass-whuppin' on a Little Girl sitting two tables from where you're sitting.
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #113 of 224
Quote:

They should do a new "unhinged" set.

I got a box of boosters and the foil release card of "Ass-whuppin" for my wedding. It was given to us as a way to get my wife to play magic. And it worked like a charm.

Anywho, it's about that time to see another "Un-" set from MaRo. Hope it's still funny.

Nylan

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #115 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by bodine1231 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have some of the old Power cards from Unlimited. Keeping those for a rainy day :p

When you say "power" cards, do you mean a set of unlimited power-9?

Nylan

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #118 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you say "power" cards, do you mean a set of unlimited power-9?

Nylan

What else is there from Unlimited?

And he said he has some, not all.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #119 of 224
Quote:

power cards?

The power nine. Black lotus, moxen and such. Expensive cards. If you've got a spare $4000 you can have an unplayed alpha lotus with which you can play in vintage and even then it's restricted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back