Magic: The Gathering
Jun 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #151 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elf-clamp? As in skullclamp?

Yes...and this is a bump so you know I posted it...along with my burn deck...

Burn.dec

Lands: 20

16 x Mountain
4 x Barbarian Ring

Creatures: 2

2 x Ball Lightning

Spells/Artifacts: 38

4 x Urza's Bauble
4 x Lightning Bolt
4 x Chain Lightning
4 x Rift Bolt
4 x Lava Spike
4 x Incinerate
4 x Magma Jet
2 x Fork
4 x Flame Javelin
4 x Fireblast

I do have one other deck that I'm pretty proud of...I'll post that now!

Mono-black Discard/Control

Lands: 21

21 x Swamp

Creatures:

3 x Nyxathid
4 x Hypnotic Specter

Spells/Artifacts:

4 x Duress
4 x Dark Ritual
4 x The Rack
4 x Hymn to Tourach
4 x Terror
3 x Scepter of Fugue
4 x Diabolic Edict
3 x Phyrexian Arena
2 x Nevinyrral's Disk

I guess this deck is also kind of broken since Dark Ritual isn't usually legal.

Nylan

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #152 of 224
I put this darksteel reactor deck together:

Creatures 14
4 x Gilder Bairn
4 x Coretapper
4 x Steel Wall
4 x Vedalken Engineer
Spells 22
2 x Shrapnel Blast
2 x Chimeric Egg
2 x Curse of Chains
4 x Energy Chamber
4 x Dismantle
4 x Darksteel Reactor
4 x Paradox Haze
Lands 22
4 x Seat of the Synod
4 x Great Furnace
4 x Mirrodin's Core
8 x Island
2 x Mountain

Any suggestions? I think skullclamp will be a good addition in here to help me hold off early attacks....

The deck seems a bit slow atm, especially against my friend's black and red globlin deck

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #153 of 224
Woot! Just got the rest of my sliver cards in the mail today.

I think I'll try playing it just as a green and white deck first, but will splash in red eventually. A separate Blue and Black sliver decks is also in the pipelines!

That M10 release party looks pretty cool. Might go and check out the new cards.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #154 of 224
Right, after much head scratching, here's my first revision of the sliver deck with cards that I have lying around (Gotta stop spending so much money on Magic these days...):

Land
11 Plains
7 Forests
2 Sapseep forest
2 Tranquil Thicket

Creatures
2 Quick Sliver
2 Root Sliver
2 Spinneret sliver
1 Chameleon Colossus
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Plated Sliver
4 Sidewinder sliver
4 Virulent Sliver

Spells/Enchantments

3 Prismatic Strands
4 Temporal Isolation
4 Thrill of the Hunt

Sideboard

4 Circle of Protection: Red
1 Oblivion ring
4 Obsidian Acolyte
1 Prismatic Strands
1 Sudden Strength
4 Wildsize

I decided to take out the oblivion rings and instead swap in more creatures since I already have prismatic strand and temporal islation to help me out defense wise. I have 2 ward slivers and 1 essence sliver, but I'm unsure about them since they're 4/5 to cast, and I decided that for 4 mana I'd rather play Charmeleon colossus than Essence sliver.

Swapped out 2 forests from the original configuration for Sapseep forest for some life gain, and removed two spinneret slivers since I don't playing against flying decks that often. I think the leftover 2 will go into my sideboard though.

Not too sure how to tackle the sideboard build now. I've left the sideboard the same as the original configuration for now, but I feel that some cards can be swapped out for better options.

Either way, any criticism, suggestions, opinoins would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to see why some of my friends are big sliver fans

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #156 of 224
What is cube draft?

Anyway, I think I'm totally over Magic now. The cards just cost too much, and I don't quiet have that sort of disposable income that I used to have in Secondary school since I didnt' have a car to run, uni books to buy, etc back then. Heck, I've even cut my audio spendings these days. I can see Magic quickly becoming an expensive hobby of mine again, but now that I'm more grown up I think I have better things to spend my money on.

I think I'll try and polish off 2-3 really fun and good decks, then give the rest of my old cards away to friends who are much more interested in this kind of thing than I am. Don't get me wrong though, I'll definitely still keep playing, just not buying any more cards.
biggrin.gif

So, Magic fans, any ideas on what I should build my last deck to be? I've already refined my G/W Sliver and B/W Cleric deck, so 1 more final deck for me would "complete the set". I'm open to all suggestions since I'm pretty much out of ideas atm....

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #157 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is cube draft?

Anyway, I think I'm totally over Magic now. The cards just cost too much, and I don't quiet have that sort of disposable income that I used to have in Secondary school since I didnt' have a car to run, uni books to buy, etc back then. Heck, I've even cut my audio spendings these days. I can see Magic quickly becoming an expensive hobby of mine again, but now that I'm more grown up I think I have better things to spend my money on.

I think I'll try and polish off 2-3 really fun and good decks, then give the rest of my old cards away to friends who are much more interested in this kind of thing than I am. Don't get me wrong though, I'll definitely still keep playing, just not buying any more cards.
biggrin.gif

So, Magic fans, any ideas on what I should build my last deck to be? I've already refined my G/W Sliver and B/W Cleric deck, so 1 more final deck for me would "complete the set". I'm open to all suggestions since I'm pretty much out of ideas atm....

Something red, since you haven't used that color yet...or perhaps a blue control deck, since you have an aggro and aggro/control deck.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #158 of 224
I'm thinking of trying my hands at something I've never tried before: A mill deck.

I think something with blue would be excellent since its a color I've never really mastered before, so it should be interesting. The challenge this time will be building a deck to a FIRM budget (My Sliver deck has quickly become very unbudget)....

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #163 of 224
Right, I've settled on this as my last ever Magic deck:

7 Forest
9 Mountain
4 Terramorphic Expanse

4 Bosk Banneret
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Flamekin Harbinger
4 Leaf-Crowned Elder
4 Rage Forger
4 Wolf-Skull Shaman

4 Colossal Might
4 Firewild Borderpost
4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate

Sideboard:

4 Vithian Renegade
4 Magma Spray
4 Guttural Response
3 Vithian Stinger

What do you guys think?

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #164 of 224
I made an exciting discovery today. I am about to head off to college, so I am looking for things to sell that I am not taking/no longer need. I remember that I had a deck of magic cards. I go through it, and I find 4 Tropical Islands! One is unlimited too. The other three are revised and now on sale for eBay. There is a nice $100 for something I haven't touched in years. I don't even remember how to play.

If anyone here is interested in them, PM me ($10 discount to head-fi members!)

Now if only I could somehow find an Beta mint Black Lotus.
smily_headphones1.gif

No wait, I'll take a misprinted Hurricane from Summer Magic.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #165 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by niftymatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now if only I could somehow find an Beta mint Black Lotus.
smily_headphones1.gif

No wait, I'll take a misprinted Hurricane from Summer Magic.
biggrin.gif

Better chance finding the misprinted Hurricane over a MINT Beta Black Lotus.

While I could use the Tropical Islands, I just don't have that kind of scratch to spend on four lands I'll use in a my Miracle GRO deck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back