Magic: The Gathering
Mar 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #196 of 224
As a sliver fan, this has caught my eye:

SliversPremiumDeckSeries.jpg

And does anyone have this:

phyrexiavsthecoalition_productshot.jpg

Link

I'm tempted to buy one for nostalgia's sake - One of my all-time favorite cards is Predator, flagship

Predator,%20Flagship.jpg

And the cards from that set were still popular when I first started playing.

Had a look on ebay, and almost all sellers want to charge $20 for shipping when the cards themselves are $20......

Anyone interested in helping me out? :p

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #197 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone interested in helping me out? :p

Nemesis, that brings back some memories. I started playing approximately when this series came out. I can go and check my nearby cardshop (when I have time) and see what they charge for that particular card.

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #202 of 224
My advice: Don't ever sell your whole collection. Keep some decks around that you have built and sell what you aren't using. Everyone I know that has sold their collection has regretted it at some point in time later in life.

I would recommend not selling your collection except for duplicates, but I can understand the draw for gear.

Nylan

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #203 of 224
Anyone catch up with the latest Zen set? My newest is from Alara..

Back to Extended, I've been fiddling around with a UR Dragonstorm build just for kicks, after becoming rather bored with Affinity (really, it's no fun T3ing practically every game). Just remembered, my Time Sieve hasn't taken off yet..

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #205 of 224
I used to play this with my neighbors about ten years ago. I wish I could find a good group of people to start playing with again. It was a lot of fun, and every time I think about it, it's nothing but fond memories
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #206 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My advice: Don't ever sell your whole collection. Keep some decks around that you have built and sell what you aren't using. Everyone I know that has sold their collection has regretted it at some point in time later in life.

I would recommend not selling your collection except for duplicates, but I can understand the draw for gear.

Nylan

Thanks for the advice, I'm just afraid that later down the line, if I ever get back into the game, others will probably only want to play standard. That's what happened when I came back the first time after taking a break after the Ravnica Block. No one wanted to play against those cards, so I was forced to buy newer cards. I have a whole bunch of fetches and other rares and mythics I can sell to stores probably. Those that aren't in any of my decks.

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #208 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nylan8301, have you tried that phyrexia duel deck at a card store somewhere?

I have not. In general there are some really nice cards in the deck. I think it's worth buying just for the Phyrexian Negator.

I agree with the casual sentiment above that old decks are fun in a casual sense. Elder Dragon Highlander is also really picking up steam, so it might be worth just keeping one copy of each card for that format and selling duplicates.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back