Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
May 19, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #737 of 948
Luckily mine are both at the same depth, but like some of you 1 side was perfectly centered while the other side was cocked at an angle. I used a sewing needle & was able to easily reposition the cock-eyed driver so that both are now centered. I don't notice any difference in sound, but in theory it should be "perfect" now.

As far as rotation, mine are rotated 180 degrees from one another.

However, correct me if I'm wrong but it should not make any difference (sound radiates outwards). In a pair of speakers (or full size headphones), it doesn't matter if you mounted 1 driver 'up' (ie 12 o'clock) & the other 'down' (ie rotated 180 degrees at 6 o'clock). A rectangular horn driver would be the only case that would matter (but not even mounted 180 degrees - it would matter having 1 mounted 90 degrees off vs the other).

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #738 of 948
Yes, I personally think DD-Audio is one of the best sellers on AE, you can msg Lillian and ask about your order, she replies very quick. Its a fairly new store, I've ordered 5-6 different items from them and never had any issues, so I can vouch for them. I got my k3 Pro from them, Came with a silver cable and a mic cable, 2 Filters, and everything else, and it sounds Amazing, No issues with the mmcx whatsoever. I received my order in 3 weeks.

The new packaging without the R is not fake, DD-Audio source it directly from magaosi and they're authorized dealers, they even sent me their official distribution certificate.

This is what they sent me after I inquired about this (R) issue, they're also in contact with Magaosi to clarify this confusion:

Hope this helps, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.
i can also recommend DD--very responsive and easy to deal with. just got my k3 ($83) and my first impressions are positive--i hear them as tonally neutral (veering slightly to warm), airy and immersive. soundstage width to me is about average, but instruments are well-separated. bass isn't seismically deep but very taut and musical; mids rich and clear. treble isn't hyper-extended or analytical (these aren't detail monsters), but very non-fatiguing; overall coherence is impressive. i do find these a little harder to drive (unamped, they can sound a little lean) and very, very fit/tip dependent--you need deep insertion and complys. definitely worth further study.

May 20, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #740 of 948
Its just been 4 days and I can say that these iem's are very detailed compared to my re-400 and vsd3s especially if I listen to songs recorded live. Almost on the 50th hour of burning in and I can say that I can perceive some changes especially on how the bass sounds!

May 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #743 of 948
so basicaly : amazing sound for less then 100 bucks, but QC is horrible ?

I haven't had any qc issues and so far they have been thrown around quite a bit using them at work and around the house/yard. For the price to performance you get out of them the build quality is fine, on my pair at least. Some others it seems possibly not. I guess you take a $90 risk buying them.

May 20, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #744 of 948
Need to buy new phones....was already set to buy RHA MA750 but then someone pointed me to the Audbos K3 - on Amazon those receive a 100% 5star rating (maybe those are sponsored reviews?!). The Magaosi seem to come with the extra of changeable filters....I read through quite a few pages of this thread but no one mentions the filters?
In any case I am looking for a warm/smooth sound signature. I listen to a wide range of genres: electronic/electronica/trip hop/ambient, soul, blues, jazz. Female vocals are a main feature in my music so mids are very important. Slight bass enhance would be good.

May 20, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #745 of 948
Need to buy new phones....was already set to buy RHA MA750 but then someone pointed me to the Audbos K3 - on Amazon those receive a 100% 5star rating (maybe those are sponsored reviews?!). The Magaosi seem to come with the extra of changeable filters....I read through quite a few pages of this thread but no one mentions the filters?
In any case I am looking for a warm/smooth sound signature. I listen to a wide range of genres: electronic/electronica/trip hop/ambient, soul, blues, jazz. Female vocals are a main feature in my music so mids are very important. Slight bass enhance would be good.

K3 (non-Pro) does not include any filters. K3 PRO includes filters.

May 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #746 of 948

I received K3 Pros a bit ago. I've been burning them in and haven't listened critically yet. OOB I immediately swapped filters -- pre-installed filter made it seem too bright for me. I'll re-evaluate and post impressions. Been playing with my brand-new Monolith (Monoprice) M1060 -- my first planar :o2smile:

May 20, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #747 of 948
I felt they were bright with the original filters as well, that is until I used the large foams included. Also, I'm not a big believer in burn in, besides brain burn in. But, the bass has seemed to tighten up, maybe that's common with small iem dynamic drivers I don't know. Overall it's a very tip dependent iem much like my havi b3.

May 21, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #748 of 948
The K3 Pro is very nice but I cant wear them since the shape puts a painful pressure on my ears(I had the same issue with Master 4 similar shape from Trinity). I got them from Penon Audio and I have them up for sale if anyone is interested, LMK

Basically unused. I did burn them in for 30 hrs

May 21, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #749 of 948
I felt they were bright with the original filters as well, that is until I used the large foams included. Also, I'm not a big believer in burn in, besides brain burn in. But, the bass has seemed to tighten up, maybe that's common with small iem dynamic drivers I don't know. Overall it's a very tip dependent iem much like my havi b3.

I went straight to the same foams -- still seem bright to me. But I like them eith the other filters, although maybe a little too rolled off highs. I'll form a firmer opinion this week.

May 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #750 of 948

Amazon no longer allows reviews of free gear. At least Amazon.ca doesn't. Fairly recent change to their posting terms. Existing reviews were left on, but no new reviews of free gear are permitted. Positive change imo :) The Audbos K3 are quite nice. Seems like they're just a re-brand of the regular Magaosi K3 though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back