Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
May 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #722 of 948
Burning in my K3 Pro right now using my FiiO x1 2nd Gen! Coming from VSonic VSD3S, I can say that treble is more pronounced in the K3P. I can hear more details now in songs I didn't formerly hear in the VSonics. Instrument placement is also better in the K3P! So basically I can say that I had an "Upgrade" from the VSD3S!

May 17, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #724 of 948
This is probably going to be a very dumb question, but, as I continually go to iems/hps I like more tonality/prat/presentation wise, just like everyone I wonder what else is out there at a much higher price tag. I feel as if the k3pro w black filter and large foams is a great fit for me tonality and prat wise, if just the mids were a tad more forward, and obviously if I'm spending more money, better resolution/clarity/Soundstage blah blah blah. So here we go, anyone heard the campfire andromeda? I have never spent more than 400 bucks per item, here at head fi, but for some reason, these k3pro have me thinking iems are my preferred listening over full size due to my regular listeni by situations. That is a large price difference, 900 dollars, I wonder if it's reaaaaally worth it.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #725 of 948
This is probably going to be a very dumb question, but, as I continually go to iems/hps I like more tonality/prat/presentation wise, just like everyone I wonder what else is out there at a much higher price tag. I feel as if the k3pro w black filter and large foams is a great fit for me tonality and prat wise, if just the mids were a tad more forward, and obviously if I'm spending more money, better resolution/clarity/Soundstage blah blah blah. So here we go, anyone heard the campfire andromeda? I have never spent more than 400 bucks per item, here at head fi, but for some reason, these k3pro have me thinking iems are my preferred listening over full size due to my regular listeni by situations. That is a large price difference, 900 dollars, I wonder if it's reaaaaally worth it.
Hoooo boyy! This hobby is really expensive! If you got the extra cash and the circumstances to spend it on an expensive iem then I guess you may do so. But of course its always the price : performance ratio that's gonna be the sweet spot! Never heard any CampFire Audio Iem's yet so I cannot for sure say that their pricing is worth the trouble.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #726 of 948

Yes. I had mine reterminated to 2.5mm balanced by a headfi buddy. Good stuff!

Just searched about the campfire andromeda and I think it's worth it even it's too expensive considering it has 5 balanced armature drivers. The k3 pro is still a good choice for it's price. There's also the flc8s at 329$, you may want to try it. Well, you have the money to spend for expensive IEMs, go for it. I don't think you will regret buying the campfire because I guess it will really sound great paired with a great dap.

Good luck. :relaxed:

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #727 of 948
@Ang Probinsyano(Cardo):

Good day Bro! Just wanna ask you for a comparison cause Im just kinda curios about how the insides of my K3P look like. When I removed the filters of the IEMs yesterday to take a peek, I noticed that the BA drivers are aligned/positioned differently on the left and on the right unit. Can you confirm this on yours? :ksc75smile:

May 18, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #729 of 948
Sorry @eonfire. I can't answer your question at the moment because I have yet to receive mine. I ordered one but I requested the reseller to have the jack re-terminated into 2.5mm balanced so that I can use it with the aune m1s.

Oh I see! Maybe you can check it out when it finally arrives! Most likely you will be peeking at the inside of the K3P when it gets in your hands! Thanks anyways and Godspeed to your K3P's!

May 18, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #731 of 948
@Ang Probinsyano(Cardo):

Good day Bro! Just wanna ask you for a comparison cause Im just kinda curios about how the insides of my K3P look like. When I removed the filters of the IEMs yesterday to take a peek, I noticed that the BA drivers are aligned/positioned differently on the left and on the right unit. Can you confirm this on yours? :ksc75smile:

FWIW, the drivers in my set are rotated 90 degrees compared to each other.

May 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #733 of 948
My K3 Pros are a few degrees off from one another. With the Magaosi logo upright, both are vertically aligned but skewed a few degrees to the left. The right side is almost perfectly vertical while the left is more slanted. The right BA is seated ever so slightly deeper in the nozzle.

May 18, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #734 of 948
My K3 Pros are a few degrees off from one another. With the Magaosi logo upright, both are vertically aligned but skewed a few degrees to the left. The right side is almost perfectly vertical while the left is more slanted. The right BA is seated ever so slightly deeper in the nozzle.

I guess the BA's on the left and the right units are not "mirrored" position-wise on K3 Pros! Thanks for another feedback SpiderNhan!

May 18, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #735 of 948
I guess the BA's on the left and the right units are not "mirrored" position-wise on K3 Pros! Thanks for another feedback SpiderNhan!

To be perfectly clear, mine are literally 90 degrees off -- couldn't possibly be any more different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back