Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
May 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #751 of 948
I went straight to the same foams -- still seem bright to me. But I like them eith the other filters, although maybe a little too rolled off highs. I'll form a firmer opinion this week.

See, I was using my fiio x3 as transport going to my ifi idsd black label. That unit is very detailed, and it made the highs stick out and seem overly analytical with the k3pro. Not sibilant, just too detailed sometimes. So lately I just use the the x3 on its own. Weird I know, the ifi definitely sounds better but the x3 I can listen longer it's less fatiguing

May 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #752 of 948
For those of you who are looking for a new mmcx cable because your stock ones are giving you problems; then I recommend this alternative. It's an 8 core cable, and surprisingly the quality is quite good and the price is really good. However, it isn't soft so there will be some cable noise when it rubs on your clothes. I've ordered the straight plug and the non-metal-L and once I received them I was quite surprised as they're made really well; the connector gives a secure connection - it snaps in place and isn't loose on both my A4 and K3 Pro.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-2...for-Shure-SE215-SE315-SE425/32699370892.html?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Oya...Cable-for-Shure-SE215-SE315/32783107376.html?
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ble-for-Shure-SE215/1805757_32775116901.html?

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #754 of 948
Okay, as I said earlier that I will post a way to 'fix' a loose mmcx connector to have a better connection. This is an easy method, and you'll only need 1 tool: pliers
- You will need to do what I did here, it will bend the 'metal ring' somewhat, and that's exactly what you want. It will give the female mmcx connector end something to 'bite' into. Make sure to only do it at the location that I'm showing on the pictures, you may also do it to the other end (same spot on the other side). The problem of the intermittent connection is commonly because of the connector being loose - when the female mmcx connector is bigger than the ring on the male mmcx plug, so by bending the ring somewhat it will make the connection better. You will need to do this a couple of times and test it by plugging it in, and keep repeating until you feel that it has a better 'bite', and lastly test it by playing music through it while moving the cable and connector around to see if it looses connection.

Take note that I've actually done this little 'fix' before I went ahead and switched the male mmcx plug on the problematic cable itself. The little 'fix' worked perfectly, and I had no connection issues. The only reason I changed the mmcx plug on my cable was to gain experience in modifying/making cables so that in the future I'll be able to make my own cables - so it was a perfect opportunity to gain some experience. :) Cheers!

Thank you. This fix saved my W30's from the scrap heap as I had an intermittent problem with my right earpiece and thought one of the drivers was crapping out for months. Wonder how many have scrapped a pair of IEM's that had this problem and all it took was this simple fix.
I ordered the K3 Pro's incidentally today from Penon Audio. From what I've read, they sound like they could be my cup of tea. Cheers!

May 26, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #756 of 948
Had them for over a month, the SQ is average at 7.5-8/10 compared to $500 + flagships that I own which is rather an excellent price/performance ratio, but......

The build quality is very very poor, my nozzle got disasembled when changing the filters too often and the cables are so-so !

May 26, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #757 of 948
Had them for over a month, the SQ is average at 7.5-8/10 compared to $500 + flagships that I own which is rather an excellent price/performance ratio, but......

The build quality is very very poor, my nozzle got disasembled when changing the filters too often and the cables are so-so !

I think the reason people keep twisting off the nozzles is because the filters are screwed on with orings, which makes them tighter than a 12-year old back injury and almost impossible to remove without significant force.

I'm willing to bet that the filters would fit just fine with no leakage if the orings were removed from the filters, and it would significantly lessen the chance of the nozzle falling off.

May 26, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #758 of 948
I think the reason people keep twisting off the nozzles is because the filters are screwed on with orings, which makes them tighter than a 12-year old back injury and almost impossible to remove without significant force.

I'm willing to bet that the filters would fit just fine with no leakage if the orings were removed from the filters, and it would significantly lessen the chance of the nozzle falling off.
The problem with removing the orings is the filters will loosen on their own and possible fall off if you don't notice it.

May 26, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #759 of 948
The problem with removing the orings is the filters will loosen on their own and possible fall off if you don't notice it.

You know that for sure? Because I used to manufacture CNC parts and depending on how the threads are cut and the filters seat against the bottom of the nozzle it might be just fine. A number of my flashlights have no o-ring on the tail cap, and I've never had a tailcap loosen on me. O-rings are really used on items to prevent water ingress and also (depending on the application) to absorb extreme mechanical vibratory forces that could result in a component loosening. Neither of which apply to the K3.

Also, don't forget that the silicone tips go around the whole flange as well, further helping to mechanically seal the filter in the flange. I'm 97.2% positive everything would hold in place just fine. I'll try my theory out on my pair for a month or so, and we'll know for sure. A number of people have complained of their nozzle detaching, so it would be nice to find a solution that would benefit the community.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #760 of 948
You know that for sure? Because I used to manufacture CNC parts and depending on how the threads are cut and the filters seat against the bottom of the nozzle it might be just fine. A number of my flashlights have no o-ring on the tail cap, and I've never had a tailcap loosen on me. O-rings are really used on items to prevent water ingress and also (depending on the application) to absorb extreme mechanical vibratory forces that could result in a component loosening. Neither of which apply to the K3.

Also, don't forget that the silicone tips go around the whole flange as well, further helping to mechanically seal the filter in the flange. I'm 97.2% positive everything would hold in place just fine. I'll try my theory out on my pair for a month or so, and we'll know for sure. A number of people have complained of their nozzle detaching, so it would be nice to find a solution that would benefit the community.
Well I'm just going by my experience with Trinity IEM's they started using orings because the filters would loosen on their own. I don't have any experience manufacturing CNC parts just my experience with another iem brand.

May 27, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #761 of 948
Well I'm just going by my experience with Trinity IEM's they started using orings because the filters would loosen on their own. I don't have any experience manufacturing CNC parts just my experience with another iem brand.

Gotcha.

May 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #762 of 948
mmexport1495899163809.jpg
mmexport1495899187055.jpg
mmexport1495899166827.jpg
mmexport1495899171251.jpg
mmexport1495899190039.jpg
mmexport1495899176953.jpg
mmexport1495899187055.jpg
Guys need to share important information here from official MAGAOSI distributor. I am in continuous talks with them.
There is no such item like K3 PRO HD. Infact the company is yet to release the HD version named as K3 HD which will be out in early June. All other earphones being sold in the name of Magaosi brand like K3 PRO HD are fakes. The K3 HD will have different shape than K3 and K3 PRO. I'll be sharing few pictures below of original K3 HD. So friends beware of the fakes. Also attaching official notice from HiListening company saying the sam.

Attachments

• 声 明.pdf
    171.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 申明.pdf
    306.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mmexport1495899203858.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #764 of 948
those K3HDs look bad from the above photos.

May 28, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #765 of 948
Guys need to share important information here from official MAGAOSI distributor. I am in continuous talks with them.
There is no such item like K3 PRO HD. Infact the company is yet to release the HD version named as K3 HD which will be out in early June. All other earphones being sold in the name of Magaosi brand like K3 PRO HD are fakes. The K3 HD will have different shape than K3 and K3 PRO. I'll be sharing few pictures below of original K3 HD. So friends beware of the fakes. Also attaching official notice from HiListening company saying the sam.
+1 Yup! Couldn't agree with you more. MaGaosi also shun light on me that he has no affiliation with another company out there putting out his brand by stating K3 PRO HD. What the heck was that company mixing in their drinks? It sounds like a Chinese company trying to bring down another Chinese company to me. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back