Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
May 28, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #766 of 948
"Wow! ....Talk about quick!" Besides the K3 HD prototype that I own, I just received the first original MaGaosi K3 HD today! I'll be posting my own picks tomorrow and have a brief statement on their sound signature.

These are finally going to be the ones to be sold online and in stores! :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #767 of 948
"Wow! ....Talk about quick!" Besides the K3 HD prototype that I own, I just received the first original MaGaosi K3 HD today! I'll be posting my own picks tomorrow and have a brief statement on their sound signature.

These are finally going to be the ones to be sold online and in stores! :beerchug:
Eagerly waiting for your impressions...

May 30, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #768 of 948
Quick impressions: I was able to compare my prototype K3 HD with the one going on sale in June and the sound signature is definitely going to remain the same as mine; the treble is definitely more extended on both the Silver and Black tuning nozzles, but only the Silver tuning nozzles keeps the brighter MID frequencies to a safe level. Sub-bass/bass is controlled and quick when compared to the K3 PRO and with the overall details sounding more linear on the K3 HD giving it a sense of higher-end resolution.

.....as I mentioned before when I first received the prototype K3 HD, these are my personal favorite when compared to the original K3 and K3 PRO.

They also come with a newer standard set of wires with black balanced wires, as well! Cheers! :beerchug:

IMG_20170529_152029_1496042899362.jpg
IMG_20170529_161216_HDR_1496045689578.jpg
IMG_20170529_161531_HDR_1496045845915.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #769 of 948
Quick impressions: I was able to compare my prototype K3 HD with the one going on sale in June and the sound signature is definitely going to remain the same as mine; the treble is definitely more extended on both the Silver and Black tuning nozzles, but only the Silver tuning nozzles keeps the brighter MID frequencies to a safe level. Sub-bass/bass is controlled and quick when compared to the K3 PRO and with the overall details sounding more linear on the K3 HD giving it a sense of higher-end resolution.

.....as I mentioned before when I first received the prototype K3 HD, these are my personal favorite when compared to the original K3 and K3 PRO.

They also come with a newer standard set of wires with black balanced wires, as well! Cheers! :beerchug:

Do you know if they've managed to figure out how to attach the nozzle in a more reliable way than the weak glue they've been using? More and more reports of the nozzle falling off keep surfacing, both when changing the ear tips as well as the filters.

May 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #770 of 948
Do you know if they've managed to figure out how to attach the nozzle in a more reliable way than the weak glue they've been using? More and more reports of the nozzle falling off keep surfacing, both when changing the ear tips as well as the filters.
I had no idea on that matter and if any prior changes were even made, but I can definitely check with them and let them know, since I do work and live in China.

May 30, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #771 of 948
I had no idea on that matter and if any prior changes were even made, but I can definitely check with them and let them know, since I do work and live in China.

That would be great, as the problem is not an isolated case involving only 1 pair.

Here's 3 of the posts I could find in just this thread alone, but I've seen more (on this board and other audio boards):
The last one has a photo. Hopefully it helps them get the issues ironed out. I also know a number of people have had problems with the audio cutting out of the LEFT side due to a loose connection at the cable. The solution has been to either bend the cable with pliers or just buy a new aftermarket cable.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #774 of 948
I thought the silver sounded better on the Pro to my ears. Never heard the HD version of course.

May 30, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #776 of 948
Update on the white/silver Sain Sonic MMCX cable I got a while back to replace my faulty stock K3 cables. It is starting to oxidize and turn green. Just a heads up to anyone who was considering them.

May 30, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #777 of 948
Update on the white/silver Sain Sonic MMCX cable I got a while back to replace my faulty stock K3 cables. It is starting to oxidize and turn green. Just a heads up to anyone who was considering them.

Hmmm, not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back