Made in China!!!
Nov 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

diym85

New Head-Fier
I was just looking at the box that my HD 555s came in and I noticed that in the back it says Made in China.I heard that some of the components are made in China, but still this seems kind of shaky.Should I be worried about this or am I over reacting? Any input or verification from somebody who owns a pair would be great.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 74
umm...lots of things are made in China...most of the lower end Senns are made in China except the higher end ones.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 74
HD-555's being made in China is nothing new since it's a lower model. Once you move up the Sennheiser chain, they're made in Ireland and Germany.

On another note, China makes some pretty good budget DAC's and amps.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by diym85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just looking at the box that my HD 555s came in and I noticed that in the back it says Made in China.I heard that some of the components are made in China, but still this seems kind of shaky.Should I be worried about this or am I over reacting? Any input or verification from somebody who owns a pair would be great.

Would you prefer it be made in the US? Cuz at least one US manufacturer likes to put dings and scratches on their brand new products. Be happy it's made in China.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 74
It is stupid (and bordering on racist) to be worried just because it says made in China. Open the box, try them on, test them. If they are shaky, then be worried. If they are good quality, than be happy.

-Nkk

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by diym85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like you're overreacting. Many Sennheiser headphones are made outside of Germany. For example, HD650 and HD600 are made in Ireland.

EDIT: 5 replies within 2 mins
redface.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 74
something sad is denon d7000 is made in china
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is stupid (and bordering on racist) to be worried just because it says made in China. Open the box, try them on, test them. If they are shaky, then be worried. If they are good quality, than be happy.

-Nkk

It's neither racist nor stupid to be worried. Sennheiser products are infamously imitated and the OP was genuinely worried that he may have received a counterfeit. Let's not jump to conclusions and begin insulting new members.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 74
Sure when you think about China's workmanship or regulations, they may be lacking. I remember sometimes they were bad enough to hit the news. However, those are simply outliers since China makes just so many products and to be criticized on a few exceptions simply isn't fair. And on another note, I wouldn't trust US workmanship that much either. It all comes down to whether or not the individual product is made well. It doesn't matter where it's from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's neither racist nor stupid to be worried. Sennheiser products are infamously imitated and the OP was genuinely worried that he may have received a counterfeit. Let's not jump to conclusions and begin insulting new members.

I don't think he's worried about counterfeits. He's just worried about the build quality.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 74
I know its a pretty dumb question, but i was just looking at some other forums and it seemed that most things that were counterfeit are Made in China.I didn't mean to offend anyone and i am sorry if I did.I am pretty new at this so i wouldn't know what fake headphones feel or sound like.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 74
Did you buy from an authorized dealer? That should give you peace of mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you buy from an authorized dealer? That should give you peace of mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought them from a dealer that goes by the name of Sonic Sense on Amazon. I visited their website where it says that they are authorized dealers ,but then when I went to go check on the Sennheiser website I could not find Sonic Sense on the authorized dealers list.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is stupid (and bordering on racist) ...

Wow. Just wow.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #14 of 74
Yeah lol @ the racist thing
rolleyes.gif
There might be legitimate economic or political reasons to care but racist?

For the OP, I'm guessing there are lots of authorized Senn dealers that aren't listed. For your peace of mind I'd contact Sennheiser directly and ask them if the shop is authorized. At the same time I'm not sure if someone looking to make counterfeits would go out of their way to print 'Made in China' on their box, if so they fail at counterfeiting.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 74
The seller should have a decent feedback score I'm guessing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back