"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3,241 of 6,388
Quote:
Moisturizer sounds like a good bet. I had success using a bit of coconut oil on my Jmoney Beyer leather pads (and other leather stuff). Tropical Traditions sells an unscented and flavorless coconut oil that is cheap and great for cooking and skincare, too. http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/pure-coconut-oil.htm

Yeah there's all sorts of leather care stuff, but I figure with something that comes in contact with skin all the time, then skin lotion is a good alternative. I bought a leather jacket almost 15 years ago from Danier leather and they told me I could use hand lotion instead of their own stuff. I use whatever unscented non-fancy stuff I can find at the time and apply maybe twice a year (before and after I take it out of storage) and the leather still looks good as new. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #3,243 of 6,388
I love bag balm!! I think it was intended to be used on chaffed utters of farm animals though. It's great for rough skin or chapped lips. No way that I'd put it on leather. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #3,244 of 6,388
Quote:
I love bag balm!! I think it was intended to be used on chaffed udders of farm animals though. It's great for rough skin or chapped lips. No way that I'd put it on leather. 

It is well known that the best way to put on lip balm is to wait until a girl puts it on then kiss her. In this case though... 

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3,245 of 6,388
Quote:
I love bag balm!! I think it was intended to be used on chaffed utters of farm animals though. It's great for rough skin or chapped lips. No way that I'd put it on leather. 

Quote:

It is well known that the best way to put on lip balm is to wait until a girl puts it on then kiss her. In this case though... 

Man!  I don't know whether to sh-udder in disgust, or hang my head in shame that I didn't start this...  I'll get back to you...

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #3,246 of 6,388
Quote:

I guess you are right, even that some reported great results treating car seats and leather furniture with it, in the end it's petrolium based and that will not do good for a leather in a long term.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #3,247 of 6,388
Well, tracking says my Alpha pads *should* be here tomorrow, I'm looking forward to trying them out!
I also have a friend in town that has the MDs with Dog pads, will be interesting to A/B them and see what we come up with...

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #3,248 of 6,388
Just ordered the Mad Dogs! So excited, they should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday
beyersmile.png

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,249 of 6,388
Quote:
Just ordered the Mad Dogs! So excited, they should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday
beyersmile.png

I also went from the Ultrasone Pro 900's to the Mad Dogs. I absolutely hated the non-existent mids, overwhelming bass, and sibilant highs of the Pro 900's. I absolutely HATE the V-shape eq they had. When I bought the Mad Dogs, I seriously thought that no closed back could make music sound better than these. They are relatively flat eq curve, very neutral. Best all-rounder. I forgot to mention comfort. Like a cloud on my head.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #3,250 of 6,388
Quote:
I also went from the Ultrasone Pro 900's to the Mad Dogs. I absolutely hated the non-existent mids, overwhelming bass, and sibilant highs of the Pro 900's. I absolutely HATE the V-shape eq they had. When I bought the Mad Dogs, I seriously thought that no closed back could make music sound better than these. They are relatively flat eq curve, very neutral. Best all-rounder. I forgot to mention comfort. Like a cloud on my head.

This makes me want them even more. Just a couple days, and they're only in San Diego
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #3,253 of 6,388
Sorry, that video will have to wait till tomorrow...  Will do it first thing, though.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3,254 of 6,388
Quote:
It's a good day to live in southern California
beyersmile.png

^^ This X a lot. I didn't think there were many Head-fiers from So Cal. Never see any meets on the board. Its too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back