"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #3,181 of 6,388
Quote:
Do the new ear pads make your ear sweat at all? Were there any new changes to driver that would affect sound quality with this update?

First question from above....I don't experience any sweating with the new pads, but that may change once the weather becomes hot and humid again here in Atlanta. There is more interior room inside this pad which I suspect will give yours ears more breathing room. The pads certainly seem to breathe well to me. In comparison I can put on my htf600 and in less than five minutes my ears will be sweaty. 

Question 2...the only change to the mod that I'm aware of is the removal of the white foam tape. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3,183 of 6,388
Yes, if you take care of the white foam tape you can just replace it and the old pads and you'd have the less desirable version again. 
size]

jk...I thought that I might like the old version also. I just loved those silky slightly organic mids on the old version. It didn't take me long to jump ship to the Alpha pad camp once I heard the new setup.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #3,184 of 6,388
Yes, if you take care of the white foam tape you can just replace it and the old pads and you'd have the less desirable version again. 
size]

jk...I thought that I might like the old version also. I just loved those silky slightly organic mids on the old version. It didn't take me long to jump ship to the Alpha pad camp once I heard the new setup.

How do the mids differ in both? More clarity and detail, slightly less silky smooth?

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #3,185 of 6,388
For me, the mids went from dark neutral to just neutral. Although I usually prefer the former, the mids are now beautifully rendered. They are simply better, more natural and enjoyable to me.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #3,186 of 6,388
Dan, the website is showing US$ 69 for the alphapad set, are you still selling the set for US$ 45 ?

There is not problem with the other price, is just to know if the price that some people mentioned here is still valid.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,187 of 6,388
Quote:
Dan, the website is showing US$ 69 for the alphapad set, are you still selling the set for US$ 45 ?

There is not problem with the other price, is just to know if the price that some people mentioned here is still valid.

The $69 price is for international customers. it includes shipping. It would usually cost $30 for shipping outside of the US, so Dan reduced it a bit. $45 is the price for customers in the US.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3,189 of 6,388
Just got an email this morning which said that a pair of the new earpads was on its way to me - quite a surprise, as I wasn't following this thread and was not even aware that there were new pads available. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for this great customer service!
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3,190 of 6,388
The good news is that I was lucky to order my headphones Saturday, and I should be getting mine with the new Alpha pads.  The bad news is that all of the effort to get the new pads out to everyone has me waiting for my headphones to arrive.  I'm hoping mine come today, otherwise it will be next week.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3,191 of 6,388
Holy. screw***. ****. Sorry, this is going a little off-topic, but I'll get there.

Okay, so I'm in a lab, and I pull out my MD's from my bag along with my E10. I plug my E10 in, but I notice that my MD's have completely lost their right channel through the headphone jack. The Lineout is fine. I start to freak out because I figured that it must've broken when I was carrying it in my backpack. I text my dad about it, and he tells me to call him. My dad doesn't like it when I break toys.

So I call him, and he tells me that he wanted to surprise me... he bought me the Asgard 2 AND the Bifrost. Commence me freaking the **** out. 

So, as I'm riding this wave, does anyone have experience with the MD's and the Bifrost/Asgard combo they'd like to relay?

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,193 of 6,388
The good news is that I was lucky to order my headphones Saturday, and I should be getting mine with the new Alpha pads.  The bad news is that all of the effort to get the new pads out to everyone has me waiting for my headphones to arrive.  I'm hoping mine come today, otherwise it will be next week.

It will be worth the wait.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #3,194 of 6,388
Quote:
Okay, so I'm in a lab, and I pull out my MD's from my bag along with my E10. I plug my E10 in, but I notice that my MD's have completely lost their right channel through the headphone jack. The Lineout is fine. I start to freak out because I figured that it must've broken when I was carrying it in my backpack. I text my dad about it, and he tells me to call him. My dad doesn't like it when I break toys.

It might just be the cable or T50RP cable jack. Sometimes I have similar issues. Of course, it could certainly be the E10. I'm not sure if you already looked into the cable or jack.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #3,195 of 6,388
Quote:
Holy. screw***. ****. Sorry, this is going a little off-topic, but I'll get there.

So I call him, and he tells me that he wanted to surprise me... he bought me the Asgard 2 AND the Bifrost. Commence me freaking the **** out. 

So, as I'm riding this wave, does anyone have experience with the MD's and the Bifrost/Asgard combo they'd like to relay?

Did you made sure the cable was plugged in all the way? If it's only partially if, one side is muted on my end, too. I'm using an e17 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back