"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,217 of 6,388
So, not to derail this Beats by Dre thread...  :wink:

but anyone else have impressions on the Dog Pads? Everyone should have received them by now, right? I know all of the people who've ordered MD's recently has them with the Dog Pads already installed, but interested to hear a some rough side-by-sides against the Fischer pads.  I'm skeptical that there'd be all that much of a sonic difference, but I'd like to hear comfort comparisons also.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Fischer pads, but I should decide for sure before the promotional price goes away cause there's no chance I'll pay 70 for pads.

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #1,218 of 6,388
Quote:

but anyone else have impressions on the Dog Pads? Everyone should have received them by now, right? I know all of the people who've ordered MD's recently has them with the Dog Pads already installed, but interested to hear a some rough side-by-sides against the Fischer pads.  I'm skeptical that there'd be all that much of a sonic difference, but I'd like to hear comfort comparisons also.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Fischer pads, but I should decide for sure before the promotional price goes away cause there's no chance I'll pay 70 for pads.

Thanks!

Not everyone has the Dog Pads yet. I'd say end of October this thread will be full of impressions.
Until then, those of you that do have the DP's, stop being so quiet about it!

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #1,220 of 6,388
Barring any complication, I am expecting to have all remaining headphone orders shipped Monday.

I appreciate the collective patience those of you waiting for the pads have shown... I will send a communication on the pad status as soon as I can.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #1,222 of 6,388

Thanks!

Promotional deal? I thought it was 300 bucks for a fully complete modded mad dog with everything in it and its going to stay that way?

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #1,223 of 6,388
Quote:

Thanks!

I originally had the Fischer pads. Was afraid of the 840 pads being too bright and not bringing in enough bass. I was wrong.
The Fischer pads are fine, the 840 pads however, increased bass, better extension and control. smoother mids.

Comfort was much more improved, especially with Dan's leather headband. Hearing an eval unit of MD with DP,
it's even more of an improvement over the 840 pads.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #1,224 of 6,388
I recently received my pair Mad Dog headphones, previously owned M50s and I’m very impressed with these headphones. Now I just have to figure out a decent amp/dac combo, hopefully you guys can help me out with this..

In terms of a budget of =[size=12.0pt]<[/size]200 and portability laptop/iphone I was looking at a combination of a the HRT music streamer II and the cmoy amp from JDS labs. Would this be sufficient to power the Mad Dogs considering my budget and need for portability?

Thanks in advance for your help, I feel like I’m missing out on the true potential of these headphones but I don’t want to spend to much money.... truly frustrating!!

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,226 of 6,388
Quote:
I recently received my pair Mad Dog headphones, previously owned M50s and I’m very impressed with these headphones. Now I just have to figure out a decent amp/dac combo, hopefully you guys can help me out with this..

In terms of a budget of =[size=12.0pt]<[/size]200 and portability laptop/iphone I was looking at a combination of a the HRT music streamer II and the cmoy amp from JDS labs. Would this be sufficient to power the Mad Dogs considering my budget and need for portability?

Thanks in advance for your help, I feel like I’m missing out on the true potential of these headphones but I don’t want to spend to much money.... truly frustrating!!

My CmoyBB from JDSLabs (1 battery configuration) couldn't even drive "properly" my Denon D5000s so I cannot imagine it driving the Mad Dogs. I know that my JDSLabs c421 could drive the Mad Dogs well (on High Gain) but it doesn't have a DAC. You could look into the Leckerton amps. I have the UHA-6SMKII and it drives the Mad Dogs well (high gain) and of course, it also has a DAC section. Not sure if it will be better than the HRT music streamer II (probably not... I haven't tried the HRT...) but you do get 2 functions in 1 little box :wink:

Good Luck!

BTW, welcome to Head-fi! :p

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #1,227 of 6,388
Quote:
So if they ship Monday, how long is the delivery time?

Dan uses Flat-rate boxes if I'm not mistaken, so if you are in the US, it probably takes 3-4 days.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #1,228 of 6,388
Quote:

In terms of a budget of =[size=12pt]<[/size]200 and portability laptop/iphone I was looking at a combination of a the HRT music streamer II and the cmoy amp from JDS labs. Would this be sufficient to power the Mad Dogs considering my budget and need for portability?

I have tried the Mad Dogs on both TTVJ slim and RSA Mustang P-51, and both drive it well.  TTVJ is smoother, P-51 brighter.  Both retail well above $200, but I have seen used P51s for around $250.  I may be putting mine up for sale soon as I prefer the TTVJ tube like sound.

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,229 of 6,388
Quote:
Barring any complication, I am expecting to have all remaining headphone orders shipped Monday.
I appreciate the collective patience those of you waiting for the pads have shown... I will send a communication on the pad status as soon as I can.

So if I was to order now, approximately how long would it take for the order to ship?
Also, how long will the price cut on Mad Dogs with Dog Pads be around?

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #1,230 of 6,388
Orders placed now for headphones will ship next week. 

The introductory pricing is a special.  I plan to keep it for another week or so.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back