"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Aug 23, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #827 of 6,388
I think that my pair came from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAX-Earpads-for-SR-007-Series-Pair-BROWN-Ear-Pads-/190709296095?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2c6728ebdf#ht_2740wt_1162

You'll need to be sure to sit down before you check the sticker price though 
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #829 of 6,388
Well, I know O2 pads are very comfy and well isolating, but that's not a guarantee they'll work best with the Mad Dogs. They were tuned for the O2 driver, not the Fostex driver and Mrspeakers mods.

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #831 of 6,388
Quote:
Well, I know O2 pads are very comfy and well isolating, but that's not a guarantee they'll work best with the Mad Dogs. They were tuned for the O2 driver, not the Fostex driver and Mrspeakers mods.

This is very true. Click buy at your own risk. Mine sound fantastic to me. That doesn't mean that you'll appreciate them in the same way that I do. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #833 of 6,388
Really anxious to hear some impressions on these pads when people get them.  The bass is the only thing that's making me a bit hesitant on the Mad Dogs, a bit more oomph and they might be perfect.  Unfortunately by the time the pads come out, I think my trial listening period will be over so I'll have to decide if they're keepers or not before then. :wink:

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #834 of 6,388
Really anxious to hear some impressions on these pads when people get them. The bass is the only thing that's making me a bit hesitant on the Mad Dogs, a bit more oomph and they might be perfect. Unfortunately by the time the pads come out, I think my trial listening period will be over so I'll have to decide if they're keepers or not before then. :wink:

There's always the possibility of eq'ing a small bump to whatever region you find lacking (if with oomph you refer to quantity/prominence).

Haven't felt the need to play with any eq myself yet but I might actually try that just to get a feel of the whole business.

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #835 of 6,388
What would you all say the minimum DAC and amp requirement would be for the MDs? I'm not sure if I asked this already. Would a Xonar DG and FiiO E11 do?

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #836 of 6,388
Quote:
What would you all say the minimum DAC and amp requirement would be for the MDs? I'm not sure if I asked this already. Would a Xonar DG and FiiO E11 do?

I'm using them now with the iBasso PB2 and while it can drive them to good listening levels there's no overhead.

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #837 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm using them now with the iBasso PB2 and while it can drive them to good listening levels there's no overhead.

what I'm trying to say is it can't drive them properly in SE, I am looking into having a hardwire split done so I can use them in balanced mode for the "swing"

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #839 of 6,388
Quote:
what I'm trying to say is it can't drive them properly in SE, I am looking into having a hardwire split done so I can use them in balanced mode for the "swing"

Will driving the Ibasso in balance even swing enough voltage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back