"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Aug 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #856 of 6,388
Quote:

Seeing as no one else has answered (unless in a PM). Not sure about these since I'm no hardcore senior audiophile.

Can drive to good levels but no overhead = No ear-splitting levels (amp barely powerful enough)

SE = single-ended (as opposed to balanced, you can look up the difference elsewhere for a better explanation than I'd be able to provide

Hardwire split = a modification made to the wiring in order to be able to feed the headphones from the balanced output of an amplifier

My friend might be interested in getting the MD's, told him I'd join in on the order for the Dog Pad upgrade to save some money with the shipping. Man, I love these headphones.

I'm sending my Q cable to Steve for retermination and then to BTG to hardwire my Mad Dogs, impressions to come

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #858 of 6,388
Quote:
Cory,

After my re cable - I still sent mine back to Dan to make sure everything was still good.  I also had to send him a 4-pin XLR to SE adapter - he didn't have one or no balanced amps.

Well, I talked with Steve who is about to hire Brian for his hardwire service. Brian was great in communicating with.
Yourself as well as others have seemed to have great experiences, so I'm not too worried.

I did tell Brian one of my fears was the MD SQ being hampered. Any problems to report? Thanks, Darryl!

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #860 of 6,388
Pre-ordered the MD W/headband & dogpads (while my D5000's are still in the mail lol)! Any idea when these might ship? I see that Dan is not back till the 5th so that's probably a good clue.

I'm still floored that a $70 Planar can could be molded into something so high end.

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #862 of 6,388
My order for the MDs with Dog Pads is shown as "Status: Complete" on the order history page. I placed the order on the 22nd, a couple of days before he left on his well-deserved vacation. I don't know if "Status: Complete" means the headphones have shipped already... or not.

I hope they arrive before I leave on my own vacation Sept. 8th!

Quote:
Pre-ordered the MD W/headband & dogpads (while my D5000's are still in the mail lol)! Any idea when these might ship? I see that Dan is not back till the 5th so that's probably a good clue.

I'm still floored that a $70 Planar can could be molded into something so high end.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #864 of 6,388
Quote:
My order for the MDs with Dog Pads is shown as "Status: Complete" on the order history page. I placed the order on the 22nd, a couple of days before he left on his well-deserved vacation. I don't know if "Status: Complete" means the headphones have shipped already... or not.

I hope they arrive before I leave on my own vacation Sept. 8th!

I have the "Complete" status as well. I doubt that he will ship out the pads before the 5th, after his vacation, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe you will get lucky with the pads and get an early delivery. I've been pretty excited to receive my pair.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #865 of 6,388
Quote:

I have the "Complete" status as well. I doubt that he will ship out the pads before the 5th, after his vacation, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe you will get lucky with the pads and get an early delivery. I've been pretty excited to receive my pair.

Thanks for the comment. If I get lucky and mine ship on the 5th, I'll receive them the day before I leave (it's two days in transit for Priority Mail from San Diego to where I live).  If the headphones don't arrive, I'll take my LCD-2 Rev. 2s in their travel case and will be wondering the whole time how the MDs with Dog Pads sound versus the Audeze!

Good luck with your MDs.. they'll sound all the sweeter after having waited for them  
dt880smile.png

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #867 of 6,388
Aug 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #869 of 6,388
Quote:
OK, thanks. It was my misunderstanding; I thought the MDs with Dog Pads and Comfort Strap had already been shipping for a while.

Good things come to those who wait  
wink.gif

The MD's with 840 pads and comfort strap have. Dan just announced this August 19.
And said he expects all pad upgrades in September.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #870 of 6,388
OK, thanks. It was my misunderstanding; I thought the MDs with Dog Pads and Comfort Strap had already been shipping for a while.

Good things come to those who wait  :wink:

This is true, I'm waiting on the Heir 4Ai's as well, looks like the pads and the IEM's will both ship in September

Users who are viewing this thread

Back