"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #916 of 6,388
Quote:
The isolation is alright but people can still hear a fair bit and I don't want to be 'that'  guy on the bus/train/plane.

Its not as bad as the ibuds, to provide a frame of reference but just needs a bit more.

What I didn't realize is that they go pretty loud without being uncomfortable and thus the dispersion outside.

So looks like they are not for me than but since I already preordered and waiting for few weeks I still want to hear their sound quality and compare to D600 which wil give you isolation where you only trains or noisy tracks but not people talking next to you, phone ringing or cars passing by
Cam you compare Mad Dogs and T90?

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #918 of 6,388
The Mad Dogs would be better than the Beyer for me because I find Beyers very dark. I have tried almost all of them and none of them sounds as clean and free-flowing as the MadDog. It,s the Beyer house sound I suppose.

I am sure you wont be disappointed if you amp them well. Trouble is they can go very loud before you realize that and hence my isolation problem because I end up turning the volume up again and again! (First World Problems)

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #919 of 6,388
Quote:
The Mad Dogs would be better than the Beyer for me because I find Beyers very dark. I have tried almost all of them and none of them sounds as clean and free-flowing as the MadDog. It,s the Beyer house sound I suppose.

I am sure you wont be disappointed if you amp them well. Trouble is they can go very loud before you realize that and hence my isolation problem because I end up turning the volume up again and again! (First World Problems)

Beyers dark? Looks like you never heard DT990 which have very bight sometimes harsh treble
I preordered Mad Dogs with Dog Pads so we will see how they isolate comparing to D600

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #921 of 6,388
When I say dark I mean compared to a Senn HD25-II or Stax headphones.

I prefer lively headphones thus they sounded a bit laid back. Might have been the source though.

Back to the MD,s anyone got the DogPads?

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #924 of 6,388
DOG PADS, DOG PADS, DOG PADS, DOG PADS, DOG PADS!! DOG PADS!!! DOG PADS!!!!! Ya'll real crazy. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #926 of 6,388
Quote:

I would rather say the Mad Dog sounds dark compared to every Beyer.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #929 of 6,388
Quote:
DT770 is sorta dark.  Definitely not DT990 though.

Which DT770? I don't concider DT770 PRO/80 dark at all at least, for me it's on the brighter side of neutral, a bit emphasized highs and recessed midrange.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #930 of 6,388
I have listened to to the DT1350,T5,T1,T70 and a few others at Jaben in Melbourne.

Maybe they need burn in but a demo was really dark. Not TMA-1 dark but still not bright enough.

The MadDog ,s are very sensitive to equalization though so sound can be easily manipulated. I am using EQ liberally with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back