"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #4,861 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
Does going balanced really do anything?

Can I also request info on this.....?

p.s. How long will the offer be on? and will you keep us all updated on this thread of a deadline to get our orders in to meet the reduced fee?

Thanks Dan

I hear it only helps for cables that are very long(25 feet+)

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #4,864 of 6,388
Has anybody used the Mad Dogs with a Headroom Micro Amp (or more optimally, with both a Micro Amp and the Schiit Magni)?  I was pretty set on the Magni, but then I saw that Headroom's clearing out their amps, and their Micro Amp is down to $250.  Judging by the price differences, the Micro Amp is probably better, but can anyone confirm this?  I'd like to only have one amp eventually.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #4,866 of 6,388
Quote:
I've already started a petition to have Preproman banned from Head-Fi.

Jude said he'll ban anyone I want, so I'm taking him up on his offer.

Just kidding.
wink_face.gif

Anyways...

Dan I know you had a long night, working on the balanced version of the mad dogs, but can you answer my question:

If I purchase the Mad Dog and black Darth Vader stickers at the same time will you apply them for me before they ship out? Or do I need to make a seperate request? My guess is yes, reading from your earlier post, but I'm asking just in case.

Thanks.

If they're on the same order we'll ship them all setup for stealth.... 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #4,868 of 6,388
Quote:
Ok then....for the uninitiated of us (including me)....how does one aquire a balanced amp....recommendations?....following a purchase of the balanced MD's?

Awe man you trying to set me up to get jabs thrown at me for advertising? 
biggrin.gif

It really depends on your budget.  You can get some in just about all price ranges.  Well, not all price ranges but there's a few to pick from.  How much are you trying to spend?

cough cough "check my sig" cough cough

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #4,870 of 6,388
Apr 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #4,871 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
Ok then....for the uninitiated of us (including me)....how does one aquire a balanced amp....recommendations?....following a purchase of the balanced MD's?

Awe man you trying to set me up to get jabs thrown at me for advertising? 
biggrin.gif

It really depends on your budget.  You can get some in just about all price ranges.  Well, not all price ranges but there's a few to pick from.  How much are you trying to spend?

cough cough "check my sig" cough cough

Good boy. When I saw this, first thing that popped into my mind was, "If Prep links his amp its going to be hilarious." 

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #4,872 of 6,388
I think alot of people paying 300-350 $ or £'s wouldn't want to spend much more than that on a potable (in my case) amp......so i'd say less than 300.

ps Isn't it also a benefit of a balanced phone that they become easier to drive....therefore also allowing a budget benefit on the amp/source used? Or just wishful thinking? 

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #4,873 of 6,388
Quote:
I think alot of people paying 300-350 $ or £'s wouldn't want to spend much more than that on a potable (in my case) amp......so i'd say less than 300.

ps Isn't it also a benefit of a balanced phone that they become easier to drive....therefore also allowing a budget benefit on the amp/source used? Or just wishful thinking? 

If you want a balanced amplifier for portable use, the options are very limited. In my opinion (for you preproman!), for portable/transportable use, going balanced is not worth the asking price. Less than 300, you would be hard pressed to find any portable balanced amps new or used.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #4,874 of 6,388
Quote:

If you want a balanced amplifier for portable use, the options are very limited. In my opinion (for you preproman!), for portable/transportable use, going balanced is not worth the asking price. Less than 300, you would be hard pressed to find any portable balanced amps new or used.

So is that a simple answer to most of us, in saying, don't bother with the new MD's....the standard one is the one you want/need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back