Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,141 of 3,495
Been playing a bit with Fidelia, and like it so far. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone use AU or VST filters with theirs? I know the new beta no longer supports VST, but even with AU I am having a hard time getting it to recognize my non-apple plugins - and it seems to kill the ability to load in my presets.

I think I'm just going to have to bit the bullet and still use AHP, and buy the expensive plugins I'd been demoing, since I cannot make the cheaper versions work properly in either program (was hoping I could configure Fidelia such that I could bypass AHP). 

I love my mac, but sometimes, I hate it too. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,142 of 3,495
I have the same problem.  In working with support we realized that the beta only supports 64 bit plugins.  They have to do some type of bridge to support 32 bit.  Fortunately for me, my main plugin was just released as a 64 bit plugin last week so I am good.

Darcy

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #1,143 of 3,495
Lucky. :)

Were you also having issues with plugin presets? I am missing some of the usual in-plugin menus. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #1,145 of 3,495
I use BitPerfect, but I've been wanting to try Fidelia just so I could try a plug-in EQ.  Is there a good one that others are using with Fidelia?

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #1,146 of 3,495
Darcy -

Additional question - have you had trouble getting the beta to show your AU plugins at all? I'm assuming it has something to do with the autovalidation, but I can't even override it the way I could with the old version (turn off validation, then delete the original au_db.plist from application support, and restart). 

I found an alternate to my preferred vst in AU format, but having fidelia ignore things without options to add, or rescan, or otherwise manage the plugins is very frustrating. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #1,148 of 3,495

Quote:
Darcy -

Additional question - have you had trouble getting the beta to show your AU plugins at all? I'm assuming it has something to do with the autovalidation, but I can't even override it the way I could with the old version (turn off validation, then delete the original au_db.plist from application support, and restart). 

I found an alternate to my preferred vst in AU format, but having fidelia ignore things without options to add, or rescan, or otherwise manage the plugins is very frustrating. 

The 64 bit plugins work fine.  Initially it only showed the Apple and Line6 plugins but when I added the 64 bit Voxengo plugin it recognized it at start up just fine.  IT just plain ignores the 32 bit plugins.

What kink of VST you looking for and what was the alternative you found.  I might be able to help there.  How much you willing to pay?  Remember that the plugin needs to be 64 bit and if it isn't the beta just ignores it.

Darcy

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #1,149 of 3,495
Just an FYI.

This is the response I got back from support:

Okay - spoke with the developers about this. At the moment, the beta is running in 64 bit mode, which means all 32 bit VSTs won't run since we haven't built a bridge to allow 32 bit VSTs to run in 64 bit mode. This is something we'll consider for future development with Fidelia, based on demand.

So if you're thinking of running the 64 bit version and want to use 32 bit plugins you might want to make the request.

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #1,150 of 3,495
I've been using a parametric eq and crossfeed from Redline on a beta license - which I love, but am having a hard time justifying the $250 price tag for the two combined. These do not appear in the beta (the AU does in 1.1.2 - but I cannot access my presets) - I cannot tell if they are 64 bit or not. 

I have downloaded a 64-bit beta from Voxengo (HarmoniEQ) as a possible alternative, I cannot get it to show up either. All it shows are my apple plugins.

I was hoping to get TB Isone to work as well - but that is vst only, so I know it's a non-starter. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #1,151 of 3,495

Quote:
I've been using a parametric eq and crossfeed from Redline on a beta license - which I love, but am having a hard time justifying the $250 price tag for the two combined. These do not appear in the beta (the AU does in 1.1.2 - but I cannot access my presets) - I cannot tell if they are 64 bit or not. 

I have downloaded a 64-bit beta from Voxengo (HarmoniEQ) as a possible alternative, I cannot get it to show up either. All it shows are my apple plugins.

I was hoping to get TB Isone to work as well - but that is vst only, so I know it's a non-starter. 

I am pretty sure HarmoniEQ is still 32 bit.  I use the GlissEQ which is the one that was updated to 64 bit last week that now works with the beta.
http://www.voxengo.com/product/glisseq/

I've been thinking of giving this one a try but haven't had the time:
http://www.dmgaudio.com/products_equick.php

This one might be worth looking at as well:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_StereoParametrEQ/

Here is a search I did for 64 bit eq from the kvr web site (a pretty good resource for plug-ins).
=mac64&ty[]=e&tg[]=22]http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1&os[]=mac64&ty[]=e&tg[]=22

Darcy

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #1,153 of 3,495

Quote:
Im using the amarra trial and i like it but its not worth the money IMO so im gna try something else when its up..

As I posted before, you can try Fidelia. Its SQ is closer to that of Amarra although not as good. But at $20 compared to $200 (for Amarra mini) might be just what you're looking for.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,154 of 3,495

Quote:

Since you are using Fidelia in your productions as an audio tool you might want to ditch it for this. http://www.icedaudio.com/     Iced Audio's AudioFinder.  Give it a look, it's excellent.  It's what I use for my audio compositions and manipulations of my audio loops and the audio I create.   It also gives me complete access to my combined 306 AU's and VST's.  You can run your audio through it and even save it processed as a new loop or audio segment, plus a whole lot more.  I've been using it as a production tools since 2004.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #1,155 of 3,495
Thanks Darcy - I'll take a look at those. I thought the product page for HarmoniEQ stated it was 64, but maybe it hasn't been updated yet. I was a bit put off by GlissEq's auto adjustment feature, but I'll take a look. $50 saved is still $50. :)

WarriorAnt - thanks for the tip. For production, I've been pretty happy with our current workflow - I'm trying to get a basic playback system that lets me still borrow some of the production tools to match my monitors, without having to fire up several applications to pass through for the filters (I can, for instance, just run fidelia through audio hijack pro) - but this is an interesting tool as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back