Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
May 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #616 of 3,495
I use this to convert my FLAC to apple lossless and to rip CD's

http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html

Or you could use this to play FLAC inside iTunes.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/28768/fluke/

May 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #617 of 3,495
If your computer is current, you might consider leaving as is, and then moving to AIFF for net new media. I use XLD - http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html

EDIT: I use PureMusic 1.74br4. Per the developer, AIFF is the preferred file format for OS X due to native support, but it also plays most other's as well.  

Quote:
Hi .
I've been following this thread for a while and want to ask for a recommendation.
My library is almost all FLAC and APE. I'm switching to Mac soon and I want a player that can handle FLAC and APE with big library size (2TB) and very important to me - CUE sheet support for my lossless files. Is there a solution which can grant me all my wishes?
Thanks in advance.
MK

May 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #618 of 3,495
Max converts FLAC to ALAC and can run batches, so it's pretty easy, and it's free.  Pure Music "imports" FLAC by making link files in iTunes that point to the FLAC file.  Pure Music can open the FLAC, but if you try to play in iTunes they don't work.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #619 of 3,495
I think that is correct. All PM is doing for FLAC media is using iTunes for library management; PM is the actual engine that plays FLAC. 

Quote:
Max converts FLAC to ALAC and can run batches, so it's pretty easy, and it's free.  Pure Music "imports" FLAC by making link files in iTunes that point to the FLAC file.  Pure Music can open the FLAC, but if you try to play in iTunes they don't work.

May 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #620 of 3,495

Quote:
I think that is correct. All PM is doing for FLAC media is using iTunes for library management; PM is the actual engine that plays FLAC. 

I believe that this applies to all of the audio codecs when PureMusic is running, not just FLAC.

May 10, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #622 of 3,495
Audirvana is not playing nice with my audiogd nfb12, vox works fine with it as does itunes, but audirvana has a constant click click click like a metronome the entire time I am playing. Can anyone help me, ive messed around with upsampling (turning it on and off) and the quality (both up and down) and which converter I used and it is not going away at all. Even happens with mp3 files.

May 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #623 of 3,495

Quote:
Audirvana is not playing nice with my audiogd nfb12, vox works fine with it as does itunes, but audirvana has a constant click click click like a metronome the entire time I am playing. Can anyone help me, ive messed around with upsampling (turning it on and off) and the quality (both up and down) and which converter I used and it is not going away at all. Even happens with mp3 files.

How are you connected to the NFB12?  Are you using a USB to S/PDIF converter?  I have no issues at all going from my Mac Mini optical output into the Audio-gd Reference 7.1.

May 12, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #624 of 3,495
it is via usb, I do not have a transport. And it is only with audirvana, high-quality recordings over vox is fine.

May 12, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #628 of 3,495
May 12, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #629 of 3,495
In here? I have changed the "max I/O buffer size" several times and it makes no difference. Neither does the "bridge devices connected to a DAC" setting either, I am really stumped at this point. I have never heard of anyone who has the same problem.
DMPrp.png

May 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #630 of 3,495
OK, so it IS the integer mode, without it the clicking goes away, which is really unfortunate because I love integer mode :frowning2: it is what everyone agrees is better. There must be a sync issue between my comp and the DAC clock causing dropouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back