Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #601 of 3,495

Quote:
Do you know any audiophile music player for Windows?

Jriver media center is the best I found for windows when I had a pc music server last year. It is able to control anything in your audio setup and also has a memory play option. Very easy gui to get used to and to optimize.

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #602 of 3,495
What is the current price for the full version of Amarra?  Is it $99.   

Audirvana cannot handle loading a large iTunes library.  I have a library of 6240 song and as soon as it finishes loading Audirvana quits.  Anyone else have a problem with a large library transfer?

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #603 of 3,495

Quote:

Audirvana cannot handle loading a large iTunes library.  I have a library of 6240 song and as soon as it finishes loading Audirvana quits.  Anyone else have a problem with a large library transfer?

That's the junior version of Amarra that nobody wants, the mini version is $295 and the full version is $695. With iTunes > PureMusic, I have 10,320 songs and still going strong 
smile.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #604 of 3,495

Quote:

audirvana isnt designed for library management, its just supposed to have reasonably sized playlists...

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #605 of 3,495

Quote:

That's the junior version of Amarra that nobody wants, the mini version is $295 and the full version is $695. With iTunes > PureMusic, I have 10,320 songs and still going strong 
smile.gif

I have not been following  up on the Amarra but I was getting interested in purchasing the Junior version at $99. Would you please expand on why "nobody wants" the $99 version? Thanks.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #606 of 3,495
I haven't tried Amarra personally because of the single-license issue. But the complaints that I have read about junior version were mainly regarding the interface.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #607 of 3,495
I believe the Jr. has no provision for upsampling (too lazy to verify tonight, so correct-away if I am wrong).  \

I would personally not invest in any product that didn't support the cool things you can do with a little CPU...  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 28, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #608 of 3,495
Yeah all three versions have different upsampling levels (including none) but on the junior version it's the stand-alone mini player that seems to inspire complaints.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #610 of 3,495
I never commented on the way it sounds if you are referring to me.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #612 of 3,495
VOX 0.2.8 beta 2.  Try it.

Apr 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #614 of 3,495

Quote:
Had a listen. I do prefer iTune's sound and interface. What is special about VOX other than it being compatible to a wide variety of file format?

It's totally configurable, sample rate and bit depth, various filters, all core audio plug ins supported, plays all music from your own playlists and from drag and drop playlists from inside iTunes, on and on........  Converts files en mass from one format to another.  Upsamples on the fly or multiple files up front.  etc...

May 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #615 of 3,495
Hi .
I've been following this thread for a while and want to ask for a recommendation.
My library is almost all FLAC and APE. I'm switching to Mac soon and I want a player that can handle FLAC and APE with big library size (2TB) and very important to me - CUE sheet support for my lossless files. Is there a solution which can grant me all my wishes?
Thanks in advance.
MK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back