Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Nov 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #2,461 of 3,495
Yep, started with 2.05 update I think, apparently there are code changes in how it syncs, its PITA

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #2,462 of 3,495
Yep, started with 2.05 update I think, apparently there are code changes in how it syncs, its PITA
Good morning isquirrel. When I actually can hear one of the few songs that will successfully transfer to Audirvana+ from my library it sounds really good. The bass is tighter on A+ as opposed to JRiver 20. But I gotta say I'm really enjoying Steely Dan " Two Against Nature" thru JRiver 20 from iTunes AAC files ripped to FLAC while downloading the entire "Der Ring des Nibelungen" by Richard Wagner. You could say I'm good on classical for awhile.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #2,463 of 3,495
Anybody else notice Audirvana+ arbitrarily dropping songs from your library? And sometimes in iTunes intergrated mode it just starts playing random songs from my library. Weird.

I've noticed that it just stops playing once a sync is done sometimes. 

I've also had issues with A+ picking up cue files XLD generates after I alter the metadata on a file. No way to say "don't use the cue file" in A+.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #2,464 of 3,495
Good morning isquirrel. When I actually can hear one of the few songs that will successfully transfer to Audirvana+ from my library it sounds really good. The bass is tighter on A+ as opposed to JRiver 20. But I gotta say I'm really enjoying Steely Dan " Two Against Nature" thru JRiver 20 from iTunes AAC files ripped to FLAC while downloading the entire "Der Ring des Nibelungen" by Richard Wagner. You could say I'm good on classical for awhile.

Hello my friend, sounds like you are having same issues with library that I had. I love Wagner, good choice. Its worth trying decibel, I found it be to very close to A+ a little richer tonally and a little less resolution perhaps. 

But !! it supports drag and drop so no more library agony.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #2,465 of 3,495
Hello my friend, sounds like you are having same issues with library that I had. I love Wagner, good choice. Its worth trying decibel, I found it be to very close to A+ a little richer tonally and a little less resolution perhaps. 

But !! it supports drag and drop so no more library agony.
Thanks a lot. I'll give Decibel a try.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #2,467 of 3,495
when i turn on the computer..and open up the audirvana in itunesync mode,
 and leaving it alone for say half an hour whilst reading my emails.,
and then try to hit the play button, the song will load but it will freeze, and wont start playing.

But if i quite audirvana...reactivate it, and play that song again, it will load n play smoothly...
weird.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #2,468 of 3,495
"downloading the entire "Der Ring des Nibelungen" by Richard Wagner"

So Audirvana 3.0 should be out before that download completes ... :D
Haha, good one. Years ago I bought a great box set of the whole "Cycle" with a complete libretto in German, French, and English. I might check out a book of critical analysis on the operas from the library so I can better understand them.

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #2,470 of 3,495
+1 +1 +1 +1 

Its highly annoying especially as the new 2.05 version seems to delete songs in playlists on system restart.

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #2,471 of 3,495
  when i turn on the computer..and open up the audirvana in itunesync mode,
 and leaving it alone for say half an hour whilst reading my emails.,
and then try to hit the play button, the song will load but it will freeze, and wont start playing.

But if i quite audirvana...reactivate it, and play that song again, it will load n play smoothly...
weird.

I've had things like that, too. Had to restart A+. What's going on?

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #2,472 of 3,495
Nov 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #2,473 of 3,495
Flukey, yeah. There are so many quirks, it makes it difficult to enjoy the good sound it really does seem to make. Going back, I wouldn't have purchased this. And only wish I'd used it more exhaustively during the trial period.

This feels like beta software to me.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #2,474 of 3,495
Flukey, yeah. There are so many quirks, it makes it difficult to enjoy the good sound it really does seem to make. Going back, I wouldn't have purchased this. And only wish I'd used it more exhaustively during the trial period.

This feels like beta software to me.
bjamn, your speaking to the choir brother. $70 some dollars gone.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #2,475 of 3,495
Just join Damien's forum and list the bugs.

If A+ had a dedicated thread on here maybe he would have some input on Head-fi on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back