M6 PRO Impressions
Jun 14, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #61 of 92
Can anyone reccommend theese for use in bed wheile laying on the side? I am very sensitive for "noise" and the shure 215 turned out to have a tiny buzz/noise when the music wasnt playing so I ended up returning them. Now looking for something similar without that problem... How are theese compared to 215's?

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #62 of 92
  Can anyone reccommend theese for use in bed wheile laying on the side? I am very sensitive for "noise" and the shure 215 turned out to have a tiny buzz/noise when the music wasnt playing so I ended up returning them. Now looking for something similar without that problem... How are theese compared to 215's?

unfortunately I won't be of much help here. Haven't used the 215s, so wouldn't be able to compare. Also, I use the E12A amp, which is dead silent

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #63 of 92
  As of writing this review, I've only listened to the M6 Pros for about an hour, and I'm happy to report that I'm completely blown away by the value of this product.

About me: I don't own a huge collection of audio products, but that is simply because I am extremely diligent with my purchases. I always do weeks of research before I buy any sort of gadget so that I can be confident that I'm spending my money wisely. For that very reason, my only other set of headphones are the ATH-M40X, which have, for me, become the gold standard by which I compare all other headphones due to their exceptionally flat and accurate sound. Oh that's another thing, I'm one of those guys....I want my headphones to have as little impact on my listening experience as possible. By that I mean, I don't want them to change the music, but rather to produce it as faithfully as possible (within financial reason). And the M40X has proven to me that you honestly don't need to spend a small fortune to achieve precisely that.
My reason for wanting a set of buds simply comes down to travelling. The M40Xs are full sized cans, so they take up a lot more space than what a set of buds do. 

M6 Pro Initial Impressions: Taking into account what I said above about wanting accurate audio products whilst keeping absolute value in mind, I have become a huge Audio Technica fan, which is why I was initially planning on getting the ATH-IM02. From all of the reviews I've read and watched, the collective feedback is that they are balanced and accurate, which sounded perfect to me. My only concern was the price. Let's face it, compared to the cost of other in-ears, $150-200 isn't a lot of money for a great performing set....but that is still quite a bit of money to be spending on such a tiny product. So I was concerned about whether or not I'm spending my money wisely. Would the ATH-IM02 fit the bill perfectly in terms of getting the best value for money? The M6 Pros are shouting: NO! 

Seriously, how could a $50 set of buds be this good? I can't stress this enough...$50!!! I genuinely don't have an answer for you...it must be witchcraft. Granted, I haven't had a chance to listen to the ATM-IM02, but that's not the point. The point is that I trust the M40X, and will compare any headphones to them alone. So that being said, the M6 Pros really make me (and my wallet) smile. 

Do they sound every bit as flat and true as the M40X? No, not yet anyways. It is for this reason that I'm leaving this review as merely an impression for now, rather than drawing any concrete conclusions for now. Most reviews seem to say that they get better with burn in. Now, you might be a believer or non-believer with regards to burn in, but personally I have not seen any concrete evidence to say that burn in absolutely does or doesn't work. So I've set them aside and I'll be playing the Frybaby track through them over the next 2 days or so.

So, how did they sound within the first hour? Honestly, even though I read and watched a ton of reviews, they still surprised me. Yes, they can be a bit sibilant (again, perhaps just for now) and it does seem to have an ever so slight v-shape sound, but the detail and clarity is fantastic. And keep in mind this is from a single dynamic driver, yet there was not a single sound missing. I previously had a set of FXZ200s (a $190 set), which was a dual BA + single dynamic setup, but they couldn't hope to provide as much clarity and detail as the M6 Pros. I also wonder if those who have complained about the highs have simply done so because they aren't accustomed to a relatively flat response. Because while I do (initially) hear a bit of sibilance, it's nowhere near as bad as others have reported.  

Other things I like: I really, really like the form factor. That (other than the price) was the main thing that put me off of the ATH-IM02. I much prefer how the M6 Pro has a negative profile. I also like the fact that you get so many added bits and pieces with it. This shows that MEE really thought about giving customers a total package, to cram as much value into it as possible.

Things I don't like: I've never liked Comply tips, but that's simply because I've never found them to be comfortable for me. I tried the Comply ones that came with the M6 Pros, but unfortunately they ripped when I tried to take them off again. So if you're gonna test out the tips, make sure to test the Comply ones last. None of the other tips gave me both a comfortable feel and perfect seal, so I ended up using my trusty Sony Hybrids. The M6 Pros also have a fair amount of microphonics going on with the standard cable (the one without the mic and remote).

So that's it for the initial impressions. I'll update with a more detailed review as I spend more time using them.

*UPDATE*

Continuing on from my initial impressions, I've allowed these to burn in for roughly 2 days, and I'm happy to report that I simply couldn't be happier with them. The highs have been tamed, and the bass smoothed out. It still doesn't have a flat frequency response, but it is awfully close. At my listening levels I don't hear any distortions or anything else that stands out to me as a considerable flaw. I'm seriously still astounded at the bang-for-buck value of these.  

What I particularly like about these is that I popped them in when I went cycling, and I experienced no discomfort, nor did their seal get broken at all. I previously mentioned that I didn't end up using any of the included tips and instead opted to use the Sony Hybrids; however, I've actually found that the "double bubble" tips included worked best for me in terms of maintaining a perfect seal. As mentioned, they don't have a perfectly flat response, it does have a slight v-curve sound (and I do mean VERY slight)...which, as it turns out, is spot on perfect for what I need. I've got a whole bunch of "beast mode, cycling, fitness tempo" compilations, of which all tend to have an emphasis on rather powerful bass, and the slight v-curve sound pairs perfectly for this. The only thing I noticed is that, while cycling, I do tend to pick up a bit of wind noise, and as such, bass response is reduced. My best guess is that this happens because the housings aren't completely sealed (due to the dynamic drivers). But, in all honesty, this is probably a good thing in terms of safety whilst cycling. 

I've also just ordered the Fiio M3 and the arm band for the M3, which I think will give me a fantastic budget friendly exercise audio setup.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with these. They sound absolutely fantastic, they're super comfortable, they maintain their seal whilst exercising, they look great (which is the least of my concern), and they're super budget friendly. If I absolutely had to mention a single downside, I'd say that I'd want them cheaper (heck, who wouldn't?)...but that's just being greedy.

For me, these are perfect for exercise and the occasional travel use.

Absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt, HIGHLY recommended. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #64 of 92
Good for you! Upon my return to this hobby, the m6 Pro was my first foray into audio-nirvana. I still have them and use them when mowing and exercising. They are quite good for $50. I really enjoy their sound overall.

My favorite tips are the Comply's. Excellent seal, good solid bass and tame the treble which did bother me. With the Comply's, I am very satisfied.

Congrats!

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #65 of 92
hi.i jave 2 iems.fiio ex1 and m6pro.the m6 is very lightweight and is very comfort in the ear.no microphonics.isolation is high.
the cables are well made and feels like premium cables.
i listen with x3ii+ e12a that produce warm and clean sound.
vocals are very well percieved and nearly flat in frequency response.
compared to it,ex1 has wider soundstage but seems boomy.
i think ex1 is like hifi speakers but m6 is like speaker monitors.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #66 of 92
Just got these headphones a week ago. I previously owned some Vsonic Gr06s which were really comfortable.

Sadly i think it must be the memory wire, but these dont feel that comfortable. 

I'm aware I could cut the wire out (but i'd rather not). 

Could anyone link me to a replacement cable I could buy that doesn't have memory wire? I've looked around but they're all really expensive and I have no idea which ones are compatible with M6 Pros. Ideally something available in Australia. Thanks!

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #67 of 92
Hello all,

I had posted a query in another thread for the "best $100 IEM for active sports and android". As I was suggested the M6 PRO, I have been catching up on this entire thread.
And thus posting here for suggestions as well.

My main requirements are on the lines of -

1) Usage - Desk (Laptop) and Active use (along with my Sansa clip OR Note 3 for run or a jog and sometimes the gym);

2) Fit - Preferable loops behind the ear

3) Music Genre - Old school Trance and EDM (Paul van Dyk etc.); Rock (U2, Linkin Park, Mettalica, etc..); Instrumental Soundtracks (Hans Zimmer and so on...) so pretty much anything except hip hop beats or the occasional Rap music.

3) Preferred Sound stage - I have had the Brainwavz M2 earlier. They have been AWESOME but now the wires are frayed and I need a Mic/remote for android as well. So I would love something which sounds accurate but still has a better than average (maybe a bit boomy?) bass. I have the Piston 3 but honestly they suck when compared to the M2.
Also, I had ordered the "sennheiser-ocx-686g-sports" a couple of weeks back but had to return as they were just OK in bass but the lows and treble seems to be quite harsh and sharp.

4) Budget - around $100 (preferably under!)

5) Android - So remote with volume and Mic are needed.

My Question is "Is M6 PRO the still best under $100 which checks all my boxes above or anyone can suggest something better?"

Would appreciate any replies on this as my brother is visiting the States in a couple of weeks' time; so I can order and get them shipped in time.

Many Thanks!
Chetan

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #68 of 92
Interesting..  Only just came across these now.

So, when you talk about bass...would you say it is better than UE700?  I'm not into extreme bass, but the UE700 is totally lacking there.

Also, since I have the Dunu DN-1000 and DN-2000, would I be totally disappointed with these?  Obviously for $50 you can't compare, but will I not consider that I'm using a $50 pair and give credit where credit is due?
On the side: Most (all) people I see in the train look to just use their device OEM earphones or some other brands (skullcandy etc) that you get in the shops (and here you can't find things like hybrid / balanced armature earphones), so $50 is a lot of money for most people (perhaps not gamer-gear people) - and a lot don't even know earphones can cost so much.

I'm looking at getting the DN-2002 or one of the other two models coming soon (one in November I believe).  But those are very expensive and it will take me a lo(ooooooooooo)ng time to save - since I need my money to live and all.  In the meantime, I wouldn't mind something more affordable that I can easily tag along with me when going through dodgy places.  Now, I know I'd like the Dunu TITAN 3's as this pair, but they are kind of expensive and if I am eventually planning on the DN-2002/other in 2017 or 2018 then this would set me back a bit.

I'm a big fan of Dunu, but maybe I should give other brands a try (?).

What are your thoughts?

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #69 of 92
My pair came in today. I was looking for headphones to be sort of my "portable HD700" and these seemed like they'd fit the bill. 

Results? Yes. Perfect. 

I can't call them giant killers or anything like that, just that for $60 they did everything I needed them to and I have no interest in spending more on higher end IEMs.

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #70 of 92
Interesting..  Only just came across these now.

So, when you talk about bass...would you say it is better than UE700?  I'm not into extreme bass, but the UE700 is totally lacking there.

Also, since I have the Dunu DN-1000 and DN-2000, would I be totally disappointed with these?  Obviously for $50 you can't compare, but will I not consider that I'm using a $50 pair and give credit where credit is due?
On the side: Most (all) people I see in the train look to just use their device OEM earphones or some other brands (skullcandy etc) that you get in the shops (and here you can't find things like hybrid / balanced armature earphones), so $50 is a lot of money for most people (perhaps not gamer-gear people) - and a lot don't even know earphones can cost so much.

I'm looking at getting the DN-2002 or one of the other two models coming soon (one in November I believe).  But those are very expensive and it will take me a lo(ooooooooooo)ng time to save - since I need my money to live and all.  In the meantime, I wouldn't mind something more affordable that I can easily tag along with me when going through dodgy places.  Now, I know I'd like the Dunu TITAN 3's as this pair, but they are kind of expensive and if I am eventually planning on the DN-2002/other in 2017 or 2018 then this would set me back a bit.

I'm a big fan of Dunu, but maybe I should give other brands a try (?).

What are your thoughts?

I really like my m6 pro's. They were my first foray back into "hi-fi" at the personal level along with the Titan 1's. They matched quite well. When I needed something for working out, the m6's worked. When I needed something open, airy and MY version of fun, the Titan 1's fit the bill.

My son's girlfriend now has the Titan's and loves them. I still have the m6's and use them every workout. My main IEM's are much higher up the food chain, but I still really like the m6.

If you are on a budget (and a hearty round of applause to you for staying with your budget in this $-sucking hobby!!!), then you could do much worse than the m6. It has quite tolerable bass, with good extension (less bass than my Alpha & Delta D2's, but I like the m6 MUCH more). Overall it is a solid alternative, with slightly sibilant high's drawn out on poor recordings. Good soundstage, good depth, good isolation with the Comply's I use, and just a very pleasant pair for $50.

An alternative with much less bass would be the Dunu Titan 1. It can be had for near the same price on Amazon scratch-n-dent possibly, or on here.

You might check Amazon for a scratch-n-dent pair of m6 pro's, which would probably be in the $35/40 range.

The m6 is just a really tolerable pair of good IEM's.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #71 of 92
Order placed.

Thought about the TITAN3s but then I thought I'd rather just try another brand for a change. In anycase, I'm adamant I'll get one of the latest DUNUs anyhow, but in due time - maybe next year or later, but not in any rush at all.  So I'd much rather get a decent pair at a decent price for now.

Thanks guys.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #73 of 92
My MEEs arrived today!

At first I really, really struggled to get the cable in (one without the mic).  I thought I was going to end up breaking the speakers.  Then I got the one side in, and continued to struggle with the other.  Tried the other cable and it went in easily.  Then tried again with the first cable and eventually got it in - after that it goes in and out a lot better.

Treble did seem a bit hectic at first, but left it to play a while on a decent volume and now it's actually sounding much more tame!  I'd never have thought.  Bass amount is just perfect for me.
As with many others, I'm not a feeling the stock tips.  Luckily I had a pair of Spinfits (CP100 I think) that I initially got for my DUNUs (but they failed with them) and they seem to work nicely with the MEEs - but it's still early days.

Well, for $50 these are very decent.  I won't hesitate to replace should something ever happen.

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #74 of 92
Swap a bunch of the tips around, experiment. I'm using the little two-level Xmas tree guys and I think they're a little better than the Spinfits, but not 100% sure. 

For $50 these things are crazy. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #75 of 92
I think these are the worst headphones i have bought and used. I am baffled by the amount of good reviews and praise these headphones get. Im by no means an audiophile but i know what sounds good. I bought these to replace my gym/ running headphones http://www.stuff.tv/sennheiser/pmx-680/review which cost me less when i bought them, and i use them occasionally for general use. The m6 pro are nowhere near as good. I know they are different styles of headphones but on sound quality alone the m6 pro is rubbish. I have come to the conclusion a lot of these reviews are done by people given a free set from the manufacturer. A lot of other user must have low standards.These are so bad that they will not be used at all. 

Other bad things to mention.

The novelty of the detachable earpieces is good but this comes at the cost of it being extremely tricky to fit the earpieces, to the point you could break something and i don't think you would get a free replacement.

The cable gets badly tangled and storing it  becomes a problem every time you take them out, you spend a few minutes undoing the tangled mess.

If they were good sound quality i would let the negatives slide but they are awful, they will probable go in the bin and i will take a chance and buy something else.

I would say they sound like cheap headphones. Not worth the £38 i paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back