m50's vs studio beats
Feb 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 40
ath m50 is like almost a third of the cost of beats

ive heard both i think m50 is better bang for buck

m50 is bassy 

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 40

Quote:
what do you guys think, comfort is huge in what i am going to buy as well as bass.

[size=medium]
You'll get both with the Beats. Not much else though and the bass will be garbage.
[/size]

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 40
The bass of the M50 comes nowhere NEAR the bass of the beats. Since you're already in that price range though there are a few others that will suffice. The HFI-580 has a bit more bass than the M50. The Phiaton MS400 has more bass than the 580. The Denon-1100 also are said to have a lot of bass. The V-Moda Crossfade has more bass than the MS400 and they look prettyy sweet. Those are all under $200 though, there might be even better to be had if you want to go higher though. If you want as much (or a bit less) bass as the beats though, the M50 is not your stop.

EDIT: Haha almost forgot to add this. Don't even consider buying the beats. Terrible build quality and you can get the same or even better headphones for around half the price. Just telling you that before you get a sh** storm of comments from everyone saying how bad the beats are. The big bass is nice for hip hop, but for $300, no way.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #6 of 40
Meh, debatable. But the 580 do have punchier/more bass than the M50. It's hard to say one has better bass than the other because better can mean many things. I simply said more bass which seems to be something the OP wants. You must agree that the M50 bass is nowhere near the amount the beats have. Because of that I don't see them being a very good fit.

Quote:
m50 is better hfi 580. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #10 of 40
Sony XB500 or XB700 (XB700 may want some amping, XB500 doesn't). Bass and comfort defined (bassiest and comfiest), I'd buy one of those, XB500 if you don't plan on using an amp, otherwise maybe XB700 because XB700 can be comfier due to bigger circumference for some people, then bring it to your friends house and give him a shock as the 4x cheaper headphones sound better than his Beats and hopefully we'd end up saving 1 monster-infected person in the process.

If you want something with better style, V-Moda Crossfades, they are also very comfy and have a lot of bass, for the price unless buying at special bargains isn't very good though but they'd deliver what you asked for. Phiaton MS400 if you want a bit better overall sound quality in change for slightly less bass.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #11 of 40
This was recently posted in the Non-audiophile reactions thread... It could be of some use to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2WrfZiy2k

Non-audiophile take on Beats vs M50s.

My take is that the M50s have controlled but punchy bass. The Beats are more muddy and less accurate, albeit very strong. I feel like the Beats also color the music far too much for my liking, which is why it bothers me so that Best Buy has them hooked up to their DJ stations... Beats is exactly the kind of headphone you DON'T want for that.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #12 of 40
Ah I forgot about the XB500's, yes those have great bass too. I would've gotten them but I don't like the look too much so I got the V Moda Crossfades in white.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #13 of 40
Comfort and big, quality bass...look no further than DT 770 Pro 80's.

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #14 of 40

Quote:
yeah, so which do you guys recommend me buying?
cause i tried the beats out at a friends house and they sounded quite good

Be prepared...if you think the Beats sounded good and then you try some real headphones, your head is likely to explode.

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #15 of 40
I compared several different headphones in the $200 to $300 price range before buying including the Beats and M50s. Though I got them for much less $200I bought the M50s. Amazing headphones, better than the Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back