M2Tech HiFace 2?
Nov 28, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #527 of 562
  Is there anyway to reset m2tech interface inside the dac??
I use Tcontrol panel and clicked option firmware update and load wrong firmware now my dac is not recognize and cant install any driver
Please help
Thank you

Hello guys,
I'm in the same situation ...
Did anybody find a solution how to revive the M2Tech Hiface Two after it was write a wrong firmware on it?
Regards,
Cristi.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #528 of 562

Hello guys,
I'm in the same situation ...
Did anybody find a solution how to revive the M2Tech Hiface Two after it was write a wrong firmware on it?
Regards,
Cristi.

You can try re-flashing with the correct firmware but that usually doesn't work. I'm afraid this is no different then a bad bios flash on a computer. You will probably have to return the Hiface 2 to the factory where they will either replace the eprom chip or just send you a new unit. There is usually no way to recover because your computer no longer recognizes the device. 

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #529 of 562
Luckit will release more drivers soon but it will not be so easy to get them from now on. Also Thesycon is aware of this condition and will take appropriate measures. I know from 100% reliable sources :)

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #531 of 562
 Well, this could be a useless question for those who are already understanding Luckit's position but for the rest of guys who don't here is a short list of reasons:
 1. I found a thread on the internet with clear instructions on how to hack WaveIO's drivers and, coincidentally, the one who made that thread has exactly the same nick name like you (Adda). You should be proud of yourself!
 2. Those drivers are meant for WaveIO cards ONLY. If you have a WaveIO card and can prove it by sourcing your full name, address and when you bought it then you will get a copy of those drivers for WaveIO. Anyway, it's not applicable in your case anymore as I'm already aware of your 'habit'.
 3. If M2Tech is too busy with their own agenda and don't care at all about updating drivers for their products then why should I care for their customers/boards?
 4. I'm paying to have those drivers and I'll do so only to support those who bought WaveIOs! Obviously, there's a huge difference compared to what M2Tech and other "respected" companies are doing for their customers!

Since I guess you have M2Tech Hiface 2 then I suggest you to search for drivers + support on M2Tech web site and kindly ask them to update their drivers to latest versions. For now, I can see it's 1.7.0 which was built back in 2013 - should I understand that that's how much you're counting for them? I don't have anything against M2Tech and their products/customers but I cannot see the reason for which WaveIO should pay the price for lack of driver updates from their side.
  Above are listed only to be clear about Luckit's intentions related to any future drivers built for WaveIO USB interfaces.

As for now, I wish you good luck in getting latest drivers from M2Tech.
  Happy listening,
  L 

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #532 of 562
M2Tech has come out and admitted that they are not a software company and have no in house talent for software. They pay for outside services to modify their version of the Thesycon driver because they don't have that ability. They have been painfully slow to recognize the need for updates. I think there is no excuse for this. If they are going to market the product they should provide prompt support including software updates. I got tired of it and sold mine. The people at Wave IO seem to have their act together.

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #533 of 562
M2Tech doesn't have to be a software company, you can get the latest drivers from the Thesycon website, and mod them to work in a hiFace two, easily, but it makes a bleep sound with regular intervals.

The only reason why Luckit is the only vendor who has the latest drivers is because Thesycon, unlike pretty much any other computer hardware manufacturer out there, charges for driver updates, and companies like M2Tech don't want to buy the updates.

I'm sure Luckit has gotten a LOT more attention then they would have otherwise, because of this.

And I'm sure nVidia would have been a complete failure if they charged for driver updates.

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #534 of 562
   It may be as you say or not. I don't want to make off topics here so it will be one of my last posts.
 Regarding drivers: It's true that Thesycon is charging for drivers but the news (dated 1 year back or more) is that every manufacturer which has built products around XMOS processors has the right (according to Thesycon) to ask for latest driver packs from them free of charge. I know this directly from Mrs. Ute Eberhard from Thesycon. This means that every manufacturer that acquired in the past at least a batch fo XMOS processors with -THS extension is eligible for this deal!
  So, if M2Tech has acquired at least a batch of such a processors then is included. And, the beautiful story is that IT IS included in the eligible list! I also know this from Mrs. Ute which has checked on them and confirm my suppositions (otherwise, at that time - 2013 - they wouldn't be capable to build up their own drivers 1.7.0 unless they have passed through all that nasty process!). So far, the M2Tech has the right to update the drivers WITHOUT paying for them anymore! This deal comes after XMOS itself has abandoned the driver deal some time ago and Thesycon taken it from where it was left!
 In the past I had to prove that I acquired processors with -THS extension to get the latest driver packs from XMOS site, now I'll go directly to Thesycon and ask the same thing!
  M2Tech had to sign a new contract between Thescyon and them and voila: they have drivers! So far is simple as that!
  Now, if you don't want to cross through this hassle hiding behind the "software company" story then this is another thing! It's hard for me to imagine how a simple guy like me ("one man show" company if I can say that) manages to build up drivers for WaveIOs, get all necessary information for that and make it while a whole company like M2Tech isn't capable!
  Maybe additional payment for Microsoft certificates has scared them ... we all know that every further payment will make capitalists go angry!  
  In the end and related to drivers, I can assure you that if M2Tech wanted then they could/can build up drivers for their products. From Thesycon's point of view there's no charges, like aren't in Luckit's case! Nevertheless, it all comes down to the matter of will and principle: as a manufacturer, will you or will you not support your product in such a  way that any buyer take benefit of our products for as much time as possible? From the capitalist's point of view, this principle is useless but on my side, human is above money and this can be seen through WaveIO for a coupe of years.
  Here you're not right!

As for attention: you're partially right because, even if drivers aren't used with WaveIO then I'll get attention only by the fact that one can see the "WaveIO" name in Program Files and when installation will take place (through that picture you see in the installation process). The huge downside of all this is the fact that almost ALL the remaining manufacturers could take benefit of this security breach. While I'm paying for all the charges to have latest drivers, some chinese and SK copycats are selling cheap products knowing that the buyer will have the opportunity to have latest drivers from Luckit. How convenient! After all, if less and less peoples will acquire WaveIO boards because there are cheapest and most of them poorly made alternatives on eBay, Aliexpress and other sites, what I will do with that "attention" I'm having if my business is dying? I say to you: it's useless on my case!
 In the past I survived because of the quality of products I'm building and I'll survive from now on regardless of that "attention" I could get by sharing drivers to the crowd, which may or may not be favorable for me. I REALLY DOUBT that a thief that's stealing WaveIO drivers is capable to support the product from which is stealing off and pay for a more expensive alternative to the crappy chinese market! I didn't live to see that exception!  
  In the end I want to say again that the decision stays regardless of how many "attention" I will get from hacking my drivers! After all I'm one of the firsts that has built boards around XMOS processor and that's enough for me so far!
  Kind regards,
  L

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #535 of 562
I understand your point of view.

The best solution I see, is that Thesycon makes a driver that is compatible with XMOS devices in general, rather then force manufacturers though the trouble you describe.
Imagine if Intel had the same driver policy as Thesycon ;(

I agree though, it is unfair that a bunch of manufacturers avoid updating their drivers, since it makes people go to the only manufacturer who does, and hacks their drivers.

I would not have known about Luckit if it wasn't for the drivers though, I'm sure a lot of people can say the same.

Edit: I have deleted my guide over at AK, but I'm sure a lot remain, I learned the technique from this thread.

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #536 of 562
M2Tech doesn't have to be a software company, you can get the latest drivers from the Thesycon website, and mod them to work in a hiFace two, easily, but it makes a bleep sound with regular intervals.

The only reason why Luckit is the only vendor who has the latest drivers is because Thesycon, unlike pretty much any other computer hardware manufacturer out there, charges for driver updates, and companies like M2Tech don't want to buy the updates.

I'm sure Luckit has gotten a LOT more attention then they would have otherwise, because of this.

And I'm sure nVidia would have been a complete failure if they charged for driver updates.

Good point I didn't know that Thesycon was charging their authorized vendors for updates. That is an interesting business model. 

May 20, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #539 of 562
Tell me i just happened to fix my new laptop on the day the driver came out 
biggrin.gif

Gottabuythelottery!

Microsoft Windows 7/8   (32 and 64 bit) (upgrade 20.05.2015)

M2TECH_USBAudio_Driver_r3.0.0

May 20, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #540 of 562
Thanks for that driver link Hennessys!  But now I want to know why the Luckit Drivers are the only ones to include the superior TUSB Audio Control Panel?  I'm always keen on trying out the latest XMOS drivers to see if I can squeeze any more performance out of my Stello U3 (which is already pretty good), but none of the other companies include a control panel with an "Always On" option like Luckit does.  It annoys the piss out of me every time audio gets played on my computer and the first few seconds go walkabout, so I always end up rolling back to my Luckit IO 2.24 drivers which give me that option.

Hopefully some updated drivers with the TUSB panel are released soon, as most of the current control panels have very limited options 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back