M2Tech HiFace 2?
May 29, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #541 of 562
Sorry mate,

Can't help with this. I thank god to be lucky enough not to have driver problem for now. The original driver works for me (mostly, i runned into unplugging a few times lately). I had my share of madness under Linux.

Can anybody suggest a good rechargeable power supply? I'm planing to take the usb port power out of the line. If somehing good with AA batteries i'ld love to know.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #543 of 562
I'm trying Windows 10 on my Thinkpad L530 notebook and installed the 3.0 driver from m2tech, tested the Hiface2 briefly (it's not my music PC). 24/96 files played fine with foobar2000.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #546 of 562
New 3.26 driver for Windows was released on November 30

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/hiface2.html

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #547 of 562
hey gang. Having difficulty achieving 24 bit 96000Hz playback.... My DAC being used is a dac 19 dsp which should be able to support that. I set the settings on my windows 10 pc from 16 bit to the 24 bit and i run the "test" pattern. I hear the test pattern but it clicks and pops. I play a song on i tunes and i get about 3 seconds of song and it stops dead. cant play anything else either after that... so i have  what i believe to be the latest driver (version 3.34) for windows 10 x  64 they call it. any helpful tips will be much appreciated. i have looked to the last pages of this thread but it seems like the biggest hiccup for people was which usb they plug it into (i have tried all 4 usb on my comp and see no difference) and also a hiccup would be what driver they have installed. im perplexed. ALSO after trying to go to a higher bitrate my youtube wont wont either. The 16 bit seems to work fine with me btw. last and hopefully least- i have the same issues with foobar as i do with i tunes in regards to it playing music but it can have the clicks and pops sound and then turns off. i am only using i tunes do to apple music subscription. thank you for your time.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #548 of 562
hey gang. Having difficulty achieving 24 bit 96000Hz playback.... My DAC being used is a dac 19 dsp which should be able to support that. I set the settings on my windows 10 pc from 16 bit to the 24 bit and i run the "test" pattern. I hear the test pattern but it clicks and pops. I play a song on i tunes and i get about 3 seconds of song and it stops dead. cant play anything else either after that... so i have  what i believe to be the latest driver (version 3.34) for windows 10 x  64 they call it. any helpful tips will be much appreciated. i have looked to the last pages of this thread but it seems like the biggest hiccup for people was which usb they plug it into (i have tried all 4 usb on my comp and see no difference) and also a hiccup would be what driver they have installed. im perplexed. ALSO after trying to go to a higher bitrate my youtube wont wont either. The 16 bit seems to work fine with me btw. last and hopefully least- i have the same issues with foobar as i do with i tunes in regards to it playing music but it can have the clicks and pops sound and then turns off. i am only using i tunes do to apple music subscription. thank you for your time.

I know this doesn't help your problem but consider upgrading. Big strides have been made in this technology and it turns out it's one of the most important parts of a computer based system.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #549 of 562
Lol I would upgrade if I didn't already just buy this. I actually don't even know what I am missing in rehearses to the different bit rates. 16 (cd quality) sounds pretty dang good. BUT I want to push it further and see if I hear an audible difference

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #550 of 562

Do you have the latest firmware? The update from June 2014.

The symptoms you describe are the same I had with windows 8.1 with the old firmware.

The version can be checked in MUSBAudio Control Panel --> Info --> Revision. It should be v6.61

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #552 of 562
Hi,

Your screenshot looks like you have an old driver installed, or the upgrade of the driver was incomplete.

Here's what my driver control panel looks like, with the latest driver 3.34:

Concerning the firmware, there are two issues:
- the current firmware 6.61 from June 2014 doesn't seem to be available anymore on the M2tech website. If your firmware version is older, you would need to request the upgrade from their support
- the current driver no longer has a "Firmware Upgrade" function. I don't know how the firmware upgrade works with the current driver.

Here's what I suggest:
- make sure you have the old driver installation file (you might need it to upgrade the firmware)
- uninstall the driver
- install the latest driver 3.34 (available on the M2tech website)
- check the firmware revision (screen above)
- if the firmware is lower than 6.61, upgrading the firmware is the obvious solution to your sound problems. You would have to request the firmware from the manufacturer and ask for the installation instructions. Maybe you will have to install the old driver and use it's firmware upgrade function, then install the new driver again.

I hope this helps

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #553 of 562
I just noticed something odd:

When googling about the Hiface Two driver, I landed on this page, which only has the very old drivers 1.61 and 1.70 (which could be useful for the firmware upgrade function) :

http://www.m2tech.biz/en/hiface2.html

The up-to-date driver is available on the "italian" page of the site, which is also in english

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/hiface2.html

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #555 of 562
simple questions,

1) what happens to hiface2 when imac is asleep? is it in standby or on etc etc or powered off?

2) if imac is asleep but dac is on warming up would the hiface be affected by the dac power or vice versa?

3) finally only hiface2 shows up on audio midi settings so whatever sample rate is shown for hiface2 can i ensure that that is the sample rate going into the dac and being processed by the dac?

4) and if the imac is on but not playing music is the hiface2 on or in standby? is it taking power here for no reason?

many thanks to all may be getting one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back