M2Tech HiFace 2?
Jun 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #511 of 562

Edit: Chinese forum page if anyone is interested; one dude has a link for an "always on" solution lower on the page. I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work, since it's made from drivers 2.16 files (old panel) as a solution when using drivers 2.19 (new panel) and for another XMOS based device (iFi something). Good luck figuring this Schiit out...
http://www.pchifi.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=103661

I looked at the code for 2.23 and it seems they have the "always on" selected by default as a registry entry that is inserted during installation. I don't see the need for any further tweeking. I will get around to installing this new version today and see if it is an improvement. It may not make any difference for those of us using Windows 7. I am currently using the 2.19 version but I am compulsive about having the latest drivers so I will upgrade today and report any difference I notice. Have to give credit for these people at Luckit they are on the ball. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #512 of 562
The update is indeed delayed, their web designer is doing his best to get it up on their site by Monday, but it may be added sometime during this weekend.

I'll keep checking once in a while, if you do too, please post here when it appears, if no one else has yet, you may be the first to see it.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #513 of 562
I've just seen that the firmware is available. It's not linked on the product page. You have to catch the link on the newsticker banner on the main page ....

http://www.m2tech.biz/it/firmware_update_xmos.html

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #515 of 562
I've installed the firmware, using my old Thinkpad from 2005 which has become my music PC since I have the Hiface 2, as the driver wouldn't work with Windows 8.1 (more info about that in this thread)

After the upgrade, the Hiface2 could not be detected by the driver setup (1.7) on the same laptop, although it is shown in the device manager. I will try again later.

But with the new firmware, I can use it for the first time on my Windows 8.1 64bit desktop PC, with the driver 1.7. No more sound stuttering and device disconnects when playing 24/96 audio.

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #516 of 562
  After the upgrade, the Hiface2 could not be detected by the driver setup (1.7) on the same laptop, although it is shown in the device manager. I will try again later.

This also works now.

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #518 of 562
So, they finally released the firmware on their website huh?

I'm kind of curious now, did anyone hear an immediate difference in sound quality like I did?

At any rate, new firmware and drivers are not only working great for me, but also sound so much better than before it's almost hard to believe...

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #520 of 562
  So, they finally released the firmware on their website huh?

I'm kind of curious now, did anyone hear an immediate difference in sound quality like I did?

At any rate, new firmware and drivers are not only working great for me, but also sound so much better than before it's almost hard to believe...

Perhaps you could be more specific about the improvement? I have a Hiface 2 I haven't used in a long while but your description might force me to update it and give it a try.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #521 of 562
Just found this firmware update and it may have removed a little bit of edgeiness from the treble.  The biggest change for me running off a mac is that it can now actually run in 16bit.  Previously it resampled everything to 24.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #525 of 562
My HiFace2 works fine with USB3 ports on my Asus i5 ULV laptop. No pops, crackles etc. with 24/192khz material and doing web browsing etc. at same time.

I use it with a Benchmark DAC1 classic and HD800.

I'm using a 2 metre Belkin USB extension cable 'cos I use it in bed or at a work desk and this works without issue but whether this is optimal is, of course, debatable. It would be very interesting to try this against some of the battery powered type solutions (e.g. Elijah Audio) to see what, if any, difference, there would be. If all the bits are present in each scenario then Benchmark would presumably say "none" since Ultralock deals with it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back