So I did a video recently showing how to mod M1060 with Fuzzor and Vegan pads also providing measurements to show this improvement over stock. I had a lot of people telling me to take the foam disks out of the back though so I decided to do some experiments and take measurements along the way. Keep in mind this is a home measurement rig. Its not 100% perfect though it has been calibrated to the best of my ability and seems to align reasonably well with measurements taken from more reliable sources on well known headphones. Also keep in mind the starting point here already has vegan pads and Fuzzor mod. The first step was to determine what difference taking out the foam disks made if any. We see a clear drop from 7k-9k (approx -2.28DB) as well as -2.63DB 15.29K RED- No change to grills or foam BLUE- Foam removed, Grills still on. Now Lets compare that to if the headphones with no foam AND grills. Notable changes with no foam or grills: 3.71K + 1.05DB, 4.52K + 2.27DB, 15.29K + 3.6DB (fixes the dip) GREEN- No foam OR grills BLUE- Foam removed, Grills still on Now this measures somewhat more level in the upper treble but I could live without the increased spikes at 3.71k and 4.52k. Plus this leaves the driver exposed to the elements. So here's what happens if you use the foam disks only with no grill. No increase in any major spikes. THIS is our MOST level response so far, leading me to believe that the grills are the cause of our issues rather than these foam disks. There's still several issues though. The dips at 3.31K and 15.29K, still relatively un-level treble, and the foam disks will not stay in on their own. GREEN- No foam OR grills BLUE- Foam removed, Grills still on LIGHT BLUE- Foam disks ONLY This is my solution. I put the foam back in. Using cut rings from hifiman pads to hold them in. I then attached foam rings onto these in hopes of leveling out the treble more and increasing extension. Here's the results. More level response from 2k-3k, brought spikes at 3.71K and 4.52K back, slight decrease from 10.62k onward but with a significantly more level response. GREEN- No foam OR grills BLUE- Foam removed, Grills still on LIGHT BLUE- Foam disks ONLY YELLOW- Foam Disks and Rings This is the best result I've had so far. Objectively there's still some work to be done but I'm pleased with these results given the amount of work put into them. THE NEXT STEP I'm going to try is swapping more readily available pads since Audeze pads are getting scarce. I'm going to experiment with 3D printing a waveguide then try as many pads as I can so results will come in a few weeks.