LZ Big Dipper impressions and discussions thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #106 of 173
LZ A4 has soundstage width and depth of 9 and 10, Dipper are 8 and 7.5. And resolution and separation are 7.5 and 7 vs. 7.5 and 7.5. Three frequencies are 9, 6.5, 6.5 vs. 7.5, 8.5, 8. This is interesting. Dipper is better than A4???

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #107 of 173
One persons impressions - so its subjective. Will also depend on what he was using at the time. Was it the same music? Was it a side-by-side comparison? Were they volume matched? etc

My advice is to take everything with a grain of salt, and look out for when he does the official review - and hopefully does compare the two side-by-side

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #108 of 173
Click the link above and check out the scores for fit. I have some universal Angies and the sound is very, very nice but the fit is not so great, the shells are huge. I would agree with the score of 6.5 for Angies fit. So it will depend whether you are willing to sacrifice maybe a fraction of sound quality for a better fitting iem. And when I say the Angies are huge I mean they are huge... Like massively huge.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #109 of 173
One persons impressions - so its subjective. Will also depend on what he was using at the time. Was it the same music? Was it a side-by-side comparison? Were they volume matched? etc

My advice is to take everything with a grain of salt, and look out for when he does the official review - and hopefully does compare the two side-by-side

This is true

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #110 of 173
LZ A4 has soundstage width and depth of 9 and 10, Dipper are 8 and 7.5. And resolution and separation are 7.5 and 7 vs. 7.5 and 7.5. Three frequencies are 9, 6.5, 6.5 vs. 7.5, 8.5, 8. This is interesting. Dipper is better than A4???
A4 has the open back design so it feels very big and vast. That's why soundstage is something special with it.

Yes, it's much better than A4 to me.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #111 of 173
i am actually looking at lz vs angie (889 on amazon)

it looks like angie only loses on fit...

anyone tried both angie and big dipper?

Angie has better soundstage and more natural tone with it's warmth. It has better seperation as well. LZ sounds more intimate and mids have more clarity, but Angie has romantic mids. I would go with the Angie (as a personal preference) if the fit is not a big problem to you.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #115 of 173

Thanks for the review. Very detailed impressions, and nice photos.

//I hope LZ will upgrade this monitor in the future as I want to see what this man can achieve with even more technical opportunities.//
LZ is doing so. As far as I know, there will be also a 8ba and a 10ba IEM. 10ba will be the most expensive model.
He wants to challenge IEMs in all different price ranges, I believe.

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #117 of 173
Thanks for the review. Very detailed impressions, and nice photos.

//I hope LZ will upgrade this monitor in the future as I want to see what this man can achieve with even more technical opportunities.//
LZ is doing so. As far as I know, there will be also a 8ba and a 10ba IEM. 10ba will be the most expensive model.
He wants to challenge IEMs in all different price ranges, I believe.
I want the A5 too

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #118 of 173
Aug 11, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #120 of 173
I was ready to blow 1000 USD on an TOTL earphone and thought on choosing the Campfire Dorado as my end-game IEM. After finding this thread, I changed my mind. The LZ Big dipper caught my interest. I have LZ-A4 and that is one of the greatest (and most spacious-sounding) IEM in my possession. As the result the word "LZ" has been imprinted on my heart.

But I need to find out where you guys order it - is it from Penonaudio or Aliexpress? I would love to custom them ( e.g. picking different color instead of conservative black) so do I contact the seller in Aliexpress?

Also I could think of saving more money if I pick the 2 switch version since all I need is the 1st switch ( adjusting the bass) and 2nd switch which adjust the midrange.

In my opinion ordering the 3 switch could be a waste of money since I have no need to adjust the third which controls the treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back