LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,501 of 1,793
I am not a fan of silicon tips when using these at the gym, as they seem to lose the seal easily. I currently have Spinfit CP145 & Final Audio Type E tips as well. Dekoni do foam tips with a 4.9mm opening, would that fit OK? I see the cp145 are a 4.5mm opening.
Then Tennmak Ultra Strong Foam will do😊

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #1,504 of 1,793
Actually revisited the Azla Sedna's last night & tried the Small tips, which to my surprise, aren't too small & feel I get a better fit. Will try them out this morning at the gym.

Strange, as I take a Large in Comply tips, so it's a pretty big difference in sizing.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #1,505 of 1,793
I am not a fan of silicon tips when using these at the gym, as they seem to lose the seal easily. I currently have Spinfit CP145 & Final Audio Type E tips as well. Dekoni do foam tips with a 4.9mm opening, would that fit OK? I see the cp145 are a 4.5mm opening.
I recommend the larger diameter Tenmak foam tips. They are really inexpensive, and are of very high quality.

Edit: oops, redundant post.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #1,506 of 1,793
Thanks all. Ended up buying some Dekoni bulletz foam tips this morning, as I can get them quickly, locally. I will get some Tennmak tips down the line, but waiting weeks for them to arrive is bit of a pain at the moment.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #1,507 of 1,793
Unfortunately, while I liked these IEM's with both Spinfits & Final Audio Type E tips, I could not seem to keep a seal when moving around (at the gym, or even out & about walking around). Tried 2 different cables, still no dice. In the end bought Dekoni foam tips & I'm glad to report I have a great seal which doesn't pop out - Happy I'm finally settled with these.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,508 of 1,793
Part of me wants to jones for new toys (IT07?). And a lot of me just wants to settle down with my existing super small curated collection and just enjoy the music. So far the latter wins. Just started fiddling with filters again. After mainly using the black in monitor; gold has returned to the fold and also the modded BGVP (spelling?). The latter is more comfortable to night / sleeping use. I don't play all that much violin music but can't say that I have noticed the timbre issue that some have raised. Think it may be because my old ears do not respond to super high frequencies as much.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,509 of 1,793
Part of me wants to jones for new toys (IT07?). And a lot of me just wants to settle down with my existing super small curated collection and just enjoy the music. So far the latter wins. Just started fiddling with filters again. After mainly using the black in monitor; gold has returned to the fold and also the modded BGVP (spelling?). The latter is more comfortable to night / sleeping use.
I've been using them with black monitor setting. Probably my favourite IEM at the moment. Don't know how they did it but the 'Piezo' highs are astonishingly good.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,510 of 1,793
I've been using them black monitor. Probably my favourite IEM at the moment. Don't know how they did it but the 'Piezo' highs are astonishingly good.

Yes; not every body loved these but the controlled tasy brightness of A7 piezos (with these mids and bass) is great. At last for my abiding-high-frequencies 55 years ears too.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #1,511 of 1,793
Part of me wants to jones for new toys (IT07?). And a lot of me just wants to settle down with my existing super small curated collection and just enjoy the music. So far the latter wins. Just started fiddling with filters again. After mainly using the black in monitor; gold has returned to the fold and also the modded BGVP (spelling?). The latter is more comfortable to night / sleeping use. I don't play all that much violin music but can't say that I have noticed the timbre issue that some have raised. Think it may be because my old ears do not respond to super high frequencies as much.
The timbre doesn’t really bother me either. I’m more picky with drum and cymbal sounds, and have heard some BA and even EST treble that sounds more artificial to me.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #1,512 of 1,793
The timbre doesn’t really bother me either. I’m more picky with drum and cymbal sounds, and have heard some BA and even EST treble that sounds more artificial to me.

I am a sucker for drums' sound (and drummers, mainly, drummers led groups).
A7 as differently and more refinedly Volt is very good portraying the space and dynamics of skins and cymbals' sound. Someone find it too harsh and piercing, too dry sounding at last. But that is something with its spaced sound and well refined bass I like. A7 makes me feel, recreate the jazz club room audio experience, which isn't made of perfect sounds, but sure lively deep ones with the apt space. A7 sounds great with small daps like AP80Pro and R3Pro and because of that is very good commuting.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,513 of 1,793
I am a sucker for drums' sound (and drummers, mainly, drummers led groups).
A7 as differently and more refinedly Volt is very good portraying the space and dynamics of skins and cymbals' sound. Someone find it too harsh and piercing, too dry sounding at last. But that is something with its spaced sound and well refined bass I like. A7 makes me feel, recreates the jazz club room audio experience, which isn't made of perfect sounds, but sure intimate lively ones with the apt space. A7 sounds great with small daps like AP80Pro and R3Pro and because of that is very good commuting.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #1,514 of 1,793
I place a high premium on timbre and the A7 has never bothered me at all.

Currently I’m giving the gold filters another shot after having left the black filters on more or less permanently since shortly after purchase. Gold Monitor is definitely darker in the treble but it’s very nice for a rich full sound that’s a little less intense at the end of the day.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #1,515 of 1,793
I place a high premium on timbre and the A7 has never bothered me at all.

Currently I’m giving the gold filters another shot after having left the black filters on more or less permanently since shortly after purchase. Gold Monitor is definitely darker in the treble but it’s very nice for a rich full sound that’s a little less intense at the end of the day.
Gold/monitor is the combination I ultimately found to be my favorite :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back