LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 27, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #1,021 of 1,793
Hi @Pelicampe, looking forward to your further impressions on A7 vs H40.
I was considering the A7 as my next purchase but after reading your post I am holding my horses.
I also tried your EQ setting on the H40 and I am liking what I am hearing, enhancing the enjoyment of the H40.
regards, Jose

Yes this EQ setting give a really more clean sound to H40. This remove the mudyness.

A7 burn at least 60hours. I only can listen to them 1 hour but it was a really great hour ! :upside_down:

After that, H40s without EQ sounds muffled and boomy !

I 'll make a return asap.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #1,022 of 1,793
Yes this EQ setting give a really more clean sound to H40. This remove the mudyness.

A7 burn at least 60hours. I only can listen to them 1 hour but it was a really great hour ! :upside_down:

After that, H40s without EQ sounds muffled and boomy !

I 'll make a return asap.
try to remove the grill/nozzle filter on the H40,
then start a listening session again.

Attachments

• img_4348_1_1.jpg
    img_4348_1_1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 0
Nov 27, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,023 of 1,793
Is it come easely ? Glued or clipsed ?
Don't really want to scratch my precious. ^^

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,024 of 1,793
I also got the LZ A7 recently and that sounds spot on. For me, there's something about the bass that is not quite hitting the spot even in Red-Pop (even though it's very detailed, high quality, with good texture and rumble). Dry is good way of putting it - the bass doesn't sound quite dynamic/emotional enough for me.

From my listening so far, LZ A7 is a very high quality IEM with very good technicalities. It is very detailed and revealing and the most technically able out of the IEMs I've heard so far. With gold monitor setting, it sounds pretty close to neutral to me.

Unfortunately, I realize that I am still quite sensitive to treble, and prefer a warmer signature with more dynamic bass, more forward/emotional vocals, with downward sloping treble (starting from 3 kHZ) with no peaks. Red-pop does sound warmer, but still has a higher treble to mid ratio than my personal preference.

I actually also picked up the Fiio FH3, which is fantastic for the price (just like the NM2+). I think I prefer the stock tuning of FH3 more than LZ A7's red pop/red monitor/or gold monitor, since it has more forward vocals. It sounds more exciting to me than red pop/red monitor, though it doesn't sound as refined.

I really like the form factor of the LZ A7 and the fact that it has quite good isolation for a hybrid. I think my main gripe with it is that the filter head diameters are just slightly too large to be comfortable for wearing long term with foam tips (my preferred tips for better isolation). Being larger in diameter and decent in length, I find it exerting more pressure on the walls of my ear canal.
U just confirmed my tought and i will defenitly not buy a7... comin from shozy 1.1 but yea... what to upgrade to.. i dont want to spend 600 euro on the ej07

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #1,025 of 1,793
Look what just arrived. Purchased from NiceHCK on 11/11 (late pm probably early am 11/12) to New Mexico. I'm so stoked! I also recently acquired the ISN H40. Gonna try out them EQ settings. I don't expect it barely any IEM to hang with the audiophile near-basshead signature of the H40, but I'm hoping this gets me a little more bass and soundstage than my FDX1 which I think is outstanding.

It only tool one cruddy cancelled order by AK Audio Store and a quick pivot to NiceHCK.

Where to start? Where to start?

Attachments

• 20201128_101321.jpg
    20201128_101321.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,026 of 1,793
Yes, parcels come realy fast from Aliex in this moment !
I received at least 6 of them in barely one week.

I could past 1 hour more on A7. ( One 6y boy and twins of 2y, free time is realy rare...)

I confirm the bass is outstanded by H40 in quantity. On bass test, H40 start to rumble @15hz when A7 need a good 25hz to start a little "vrr".
But A7 bass are more textured and fasts.

And I confirm, for myself, H40 need some EQ for tame his litle mudiness. A7 need no EQ :)

More later, when I 'll got more time...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #1,027 of 1,793
...H40 need some EQ for tame his litle mudiness. A7 need no EQ :)

More later, when I 'll got more time...
Just FYI, there are mods that supposedly helps a lot with any bass muddiness, by removing the nozzle screen. Look up some of the posts by @DynamicEars in the ISN thread. The bass is not the deepest on the A7, but it’s so fast and clean.

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #1,028 of 1,793
Yep, Strifeff talk that about on top of this page.
Must find the post and test this, thx.:thumbsup:

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1,029 of 1,793
Look what just arrived. Purchased from NiceHCK on 11/11 (late pm probably early am 11/12) to New Mexico. I'm so stoked! I also recently acquired the ISN H40. Gonna try out them EQ settings. I don't expect it barely any IEM to hang with the audiophile near-basshead signature of the H40, but I'm hoping this gets me a little more bass and soundstage than my FDX1 which I think is outstanding.

It only tool one cruddy cancelled order by AK Audio Store and a quick pivot to NiceHCK.

Where to start? Where to start?
Congrats on the A7, mine is (hopefully) to arrive soon from Linsoul. I look forward to your listening impressions including filter / switch setting preferences.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #1,030 of 1,793
Is it me or does the Piezo drivers calm down a little bit after a lot of hours using the A7? I am always using silver filters and I did notice on some songs that you could hear the slight piezo sound, nothing serious but it was slightly noticeable. But going back to those songs after a good while using the A7 ( my daily and fave iem right now) I noticed I don't hear that Piezo sound anymore. The treble sounds smoother and cleaner now. Could be brain burn in but I'm not sure. Anyways though, to me they sound better than a while back haha. Loving the A7 still. I still havent really tried most filters and not much pop mode yet 🤣😂. Just to give you an idea of how much I am loving the A7 on Silver filters and monitor mode.

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,032 of 1,793
Anyone pairing the 9038D (the last version) with lz a7? I bought ibasso dc03, but now I'm not sure about my choice. Perhaps this option would be better.

I was listening them with 9038S recently. Seems like it a pretty decent combo. The only thing I didn't enjoy with A7 sitting on M11pro is the high frequencies execution, they're somewhat toned down a little bit, at least compared to the Legacy 9 and Blessing 2. On the e1da top end has noticably more energy, so I don't feel like I missing any details with the A7.
On the other hand I dont have the dc03 to compare them directly for you. Most similar in terms of sound quality (but not tonality) that I have is the DACport HD.20201129_161302.jpg

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,033 of 1,793
Can someone compare the lz a7 with the flc8s?

I know its an old model, but I'm quite curious about this one!

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #1,035 of 1,793
Can someone compare the lz a7 with the flc8s?

I know its an old model, but I'm quite curious about this one!
I have both and with red/pop, the A7 has a more open and expansive soundstage. The 8s is brighter but with black/red/gunmetal filters, there is more bass quantity than the A7. The 8s, being considerably smaller and lighter really disappears in the ears. The 8s cable has .075 pins which makes cable rolling more difficult.
Overall, I find the A7 a more rugged device. I personally consider them to be a more lifelike-sounding monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back