LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Aug 19, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #91 of 1,793
The prototype of the LZ A7 is now finished and will be sent out for feedback from some experienced users.

Stay tuned for more information :wink:

The body/housing... looks familiar... belonging to a long buried Trinity Audio hybrid I once returned. Ftr, I did get refunded unlike the hoards who got suxxored. (I don't trust them blokes ever since).

Just to make sure: the main fault I found is the connection between the the pin and the joints. Hopefully I'm not gonna see any reports of this happening.

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #92 of 1,793
I think several Chi-Fi builders are gaining ground at a rapid pace with half the overhead or less. Like Peter the Titan 6's are spot on for a single and the TheiAudio L3 is simply amazing, I'm about to get impressions finally because the L3 custom @ $170 bones is unheard of and something I finally feel worthy of me getting my first ciem!
Yeah the L3 is a great deal. I am hoping that the A7 takes that sound signature and move it to another level. Plus it appears that the A7 will be a tad more comfortable than the L3 based on what I am seeing. I would rather have near summit fi at a modest price than a lesser IEM are a super low price. There are plenty of good deals at lower prices; but I want a step up at a modest price vs a step up at high prices. Just sold my LZ A2 in preparation for these.

I am curious; what other IEMs should a potential buyer of the A7 be looking at? Something at the $200 - $400 price point.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #93 of 1,793
If anyone is moving on up from LZA6 and the set is not thrashed, and you want to sell...let me know...am in UK just now.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #94 of 1,793
Yeah the L3 is a great deal. I am hoping that the A7 takes that sound signature and move it to another level. Plus it appears that the A7 will be a tad more comfortable than the L3 based on what I am seeing. I would rather have near summit fi at a modest price than a lesser IEM are a super low price. There are plenty of good deals at lower prices; but I want a step up at a modest price vs a step up at high prices. Just sold my LZ A2 in preparation for these.

I am curious; what other IEMs should a potential buyer of the A7 be looking at? Something at the $200 - $400 price point.

You may get plenty here as there are a lot of nice ones anywhere from $150 to $400 which is really on the high side for me as I've always set my personal single iem limit at $350. This will be fun to watch :grin:

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #95 of 1,793
I wonder if LZ is looking at the Moondrop Blessing 2 while tuning this unit. Crinnacle gave those a very high mark and the price is reasonable. I like the idea of being tunable when it comes to LZ. But an A- level rating for the Moondrop at $320 gets my attention.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #96 of 1,793
I wonder if LZ is looking at the Moondrop Blessing 2 while tuning this unit. Crinnacle gave those a very high mark and the price is reasonable. I like the idea of being tunable when it comes to LZ. But an A- level rating for the Moondrop at $320 gets my attention.

Nah. Your flc8s will replace the blessing 2 just fine.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #97 of 1,793
Nah. Your flc8s will replace the blessing 2 just fine.

Indeed and still an awesome iem :beerchug:

FLC8s PAW5K.JPG

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #99 of 1,793
LOL, by now I’m sure the entire community knows I have issues :smirk: I just realized I’ve gifted away all my Benjie S5’s (a half dozen or so), guess I need to order a couple more and hang onto them! I may need to go ahead and pay full price for Christmas gifts this year because of shipping taking 3 months sometimes. I usually do a big order during the 11/11 sale for XMAS gifts but with the psycho POTUS dismantling the USPS Dictator style who knows when you may get something:scream:

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #100 of 1,793
Don’t encourage and get me started guys, he’s so afraid of losing he’s taking out the USPS to curb mail in voting and next he’ll try to figure a nation wide system for vote caging!

Let me get back on track or at least something from the builder :rolling_eyes: Now it may just be me (Go Figure) but I think this is just a sweet, simple and an awesome (Purrrrrdy) pairing :grin:

Purrrdy Pairing.JPG

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #101 of 1,793
Don’t encourage and get me started guys, he’s so afraid of losing he’s taking out the USPS to curb mail in voting and next he’ll try to figure a nation wide system for vote caging!

Let me get back on track or at least something from the builder :rolling_eyes: Now it may just be me (Go Figure) but I think this is just a sweet, simple and an awesome (Purrrrrdy) pairing :grin:

Purrrdy Pairing.JPG

That’s indeed a beautiful set up Pod :)

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #102 of 1,793
A while back someone asked me about tthe A6 vs A7 in a PM but I forgot to post my answer here as well. I think it may be helpful for others deciding between the two or considering upgrading from the A6 to the A7.

"I think the A7 may be the better option between the A6 for a couple of reasons. First the comfort and isolation is better, second the moisture issue with the A6 is real, the A7 has no such problem. Third the monitor/pop switch is perfectly implemented and much more useful than the loudness button on the A6 which is pretty useless imo. I don't really have any issues with the treble on the A6 but the general sound of the A7 is more relaxed. I really love the A6 but the A7 seems like a better package so far. I also find it's sound signature to be really special and unique. The final filters for the A7 is still being tuned so there's a fair chance even better sound may be produced from them in the future. He's working on a reference filter than I'm really curious to try.

The downside of course is the higher price compared to the current A6 pricing."

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #103 of 1,793
Wait what? From others and even you @peter123 in the second post in this thread. About the same price as A6. Now higher pricing than A6?? Expect some to jump ship if so esp. if it is enough to be a downside. $310 for A6 and $319 for A7 is not a downside. Only $9. Downside means $40-$50 higher or more.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #104 of 1,793
Wait what? From others and even you @peter123 in the second post in this thread. About the same price as A6. Now higher pricing than A6?? Expect some to jump ship if so esp. if it is enough to be a downside. $310 for A6 and $319 for A7 is not a downside. Only $9. Downside means $40-$50 higher or more.
yeah, increasing the price would turn away some buyers I think. For me it depends on how much higher it is...but I really wished it wasnt more expensive than 300 usd. There is a lot of competition at the higher prices too. ( for example the mofasest Trio at 500 usd)

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #105 of 1,793
Though if he just meant "current pricing" as in the clearing out A6 price but majority are still $310 and a few are in the lower $200's to $279. But shouldn't be comparing apples to oranges instead of release price of each which is apples to apples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back