LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #76 of 1,793
Damn. Bass looks tight! Wonder if this is an accurate yet still fun hybrid. Craving for more impressions.

It can be with the right filter in play. more V shaped on pop setting and you can further boost bass with some of the filters. here is Pop VS monitor mode for reference.
LZ A7 pop vs Monitor.jpg

Aug 15, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #78 of 1,793
good, I really like the current tuning and would hate to see it get tampered with. Glad he's decided to keep it.

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #79 of 1,793
It can be with the right filter in play. more V shaped on pop setting and you can further boost bass with some of the filters. here is Pop VS monitor mode for reference.LZ A7 pop vs Monitor.jpg

Damn. No doubts about it. He REALLY does know his tuning don't he?? Ha! He's the REAL chi-fi. His A4 spoke for itself, no harman narrative. Full confidence and experience.

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #80 of 1,793
Like it when builders listen to the feedback. Just needs to keep the $300 price and we might have what we want. The tuning, changing the filter construction for the moisture issue. Looking better and better. :thumbsup:

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #81 of 1,793
Like it when builders listen to the feedback. Just needs to keep the $300 price and we might have what we want. The tuning, changing the filter construction for the moisture issue. Looking better and better. :thumbsup:
Lower price would always be better for us though, especially when there are so many great stuff in the 100-200 range now.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #84 of 1,793
Lower price would always be better for us though, especially when there are so many great stuff in the 100-200 range now.

Man your tough :relieved:! I thought Improving the sound and if they improved the issues and didn't raise the price that should be applauded since everyone always raises the price with the next "better" model. You want lower. I'm on board. Do I hear $250??
1597759672993.png

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #85 of 1,793
where do i go to buy the A7 when it releases or even to pre-order it (if its an option)?

I'm pretty sure that several sellers on Aliexpress will have them when they're released. I do also believe that Penon Audio hasæve sold the 2-3 latest releases from LZ.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #87 of 1,793
Damn. No doubts about it. He REALLY does know his tuning don't he?? Ha! He's the REAL chi-fi. His A4 spoke for itself, no harman narrative. Full confidence and experience.

I said this elsewhere before and to those who only buy the big names and discount the Chi-Fi builders LZ IMHO is already a total competitor to many of the big names and at 2 & 3 times the price they need to worry a little :beerchug: With the fix on the filters on the moisture issue once again IMO the big names need to be concerned, very concerned, I predict in just a few short years we can look back on this and know we were some of the first to jump off the yacht and onto the dingy with good reason. I think several Chi-Fi builders are gaining ground at a rapid pace with half the overhead or less. Like Peter the Titan 6's are spot on for a single and the TheiAudio L3 is simply amazing, I'm about to get impressions finally because the L3 custom @ $170 bones is unheard of and something I finally feel worthy of me getting my first ciem!

Aug 19, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #88 of 1,793
I appreciate all the cheering for Chi-fi as they could be good for us, the consumers. However, the proof is in the pudding. I'm someone who looks at design and build quality first. I don't care how good something sounds if it proves as durable as tissue paper. I hope these companies step it up quality wise.

Much respect to all you early adopters who are actually spending their own hard-earned cash on unknown products. I'm keeping tabs on the A7, because the way the A6 is described, sound-wise at least, makes it of serious interest to me. I just wish I had more faith in the build and durability aspect. Time will tell.

Aug 19, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #90 of 1,793
I appreciate all the cheering for Chi-fi as they could be good for us, the consumers. However, the proof is in the pudding. I'm someone who looks at design and build quality first. I don't care how good something sounds if it proves as durable as tissue paper. I hope these companies step it up quality wise.

Much respect to all you early adopters who are actually spending their own hard-earned cash on unknown products. I'm keeping tabs on the A7, because the way the A6 is described, sound-wise at least, makes it of serious interest to me. I just wish I had more faith in the build and durability aspect. Time will tell.

I guess it hurts more when a multi grand iem fails at which point a failed $300 iem does not hurt any less but we can search failed CA, Noble and JH’s and find they have issues as well. Just sayin:v: Heck I’ve got some sweet sounding $30 Chi-Fi Iem’s that have had zero issues in 3 years now, Not to mention 99.9% of the buying public could care less. Most would think the $30 iem is insane and I contend the difference in a $30 and $3K iem are not as far apart as money suggest. For me it’s like the difference in the fun/enjoyment between a GTI and a 911 but there is always bragging rights:rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back