LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #46 of 1,793
Okay, sounded pretty interesting. Now is it being tinkered with still. Now we have an impression that may not be what we get. Is peter123 gonna get both so there can be a comparison?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #48 of 1,793
Okay, sounded pretty interesting. Now is it being tinkered with still. Now we have an impression that may not be what we get. Is peter123 gonna get both so there can be a comparison?

It's my understanding that I'll get the retail version as well.

@Wiljen should also be able to share some impressions of the prototype as soon as he receive and get some time with them. I'd expect that his impession will have a impact in the final product as well.

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #49 of 1,793
It's my understanding that I'll get the retail version as well.

@Wiljen should also be able to share some impressions of the prototype as soon as he receive and get some time with them. I'd expect that his impession will have a impact in the final product as well.

If you can, mind measuring the length of the housings main body?

I have relatively smaller concha so many IEMs are a bit uncomfortable for me for anything over 10-15 minutes.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #51 of 1,793
If the bass is tunable I would into it. Reference plus bass tuning. Yum.

It is already, I really think that the switch is very well implemented the way it's now. The monito/pop description is also spot on imo. Switching to pop makes it better for modern music, especially when used outside with more noisy environments. Monitor on the other hand is excellent when used in quiet environments or acoustic music with vocals that doesn't have /need the extra bass.

The bass is great for me the way it is with most music but I'm sure some people will miss the massive thump from the A6, even I miss it with some genres like hip hop (especially when doing direct comparison between A6/A7). I hope this can be solved with new filter tuning.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #52 of 1,793

I have relatively smaller concha so many IEMs are a bit uncomfortable for me for anything over 10-15 minutes.

Sorry, I missed your post. I'm at the beach right now but I'll measure it when I'm back home later today. Feel free to remind me should I forget to do (old man syndrome :wink:).

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #53 of 1,793
I own A5 and A6. They share the same DNA, technically excellent but both are too bright in general. Warmer filters are a must. Also, stereo imaging needs improvement. Quality control is another big issue. Both units had driver failure and needed service. But overall, I like them a lot, they are unique on its own

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #54 of 1,793

The main body is 20 mm from the points at the end of the rounded body on each side.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #55 of 1,793
Today I sat down with my favorite single dynamic, the Dunu Titan 6, and the A7 and to my surprise the A7 has at least as deep and impact full subbas as the Titan 6 that's a quite bassy and rich sounding pair of IEM's. The bass on the A7 does also have better quality while Titan 6 has quite a bit more midbass. Apart from that the A7 is clearly superior in every way with much wider stage, better separation and a lot more airy sounding signature.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #56 of 1,793
I own A5 and A6. They share the same DNA, technically excellent but both are too bright in general. Warmer filters are a must. Also, stereo imaging needs improvement. Quality control is another big issue. Both units had driver failure and needed service. But overall, I like them a lot, they are unique on its own

i had driver failure on my LZ iems, trbed out it was poor solder connection, easy fix

drivers themselves seem quite robust

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #57 of 1,793
That's a concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back