LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jul 23, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 1,793
Am I on the list. I want to give feedback. :)

Just the pic or are there two cables. In one the earguide looks very black underneath and the previous pic is brighter and you can tell the bronze underneath.

Best looking yet. Understated yet good shape. Nice gold accents. No wings.
yeah, shape looks better than the A6 at least. But I dont know what to feel about it having so much text on the faceplate, too much clutter I think.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 1,793
Price? I hope they are using some better BAs. LZ A5 was the only IEM for me that crapped out on a treble BA.

Or maybe more important, use a new/different material behind the screens if it is indeed true that is was hydrophillic and pulled moisture into the earphones thus killing the armature. Of course the alloy of the housing played a part since the temp. difference when in the ears helped moisture condensate and then be pulled in. Ideally it would have been better for LZ to go with a more modern resin or polycarb housing to be lighter and be better against that since we actually leave our house and it may be winter and temps and humidity change.

It does look handsome but we indeed have to be a bit worried about the previous reports with the A5 and A6.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #19 of 1,793
2 dip switch options and 5 filters? So 10 combinations??
Too bad they didn’t use 2 switches like many IEMs such as the L3, V14, along with those nozzles. I would have found it amusing reading everyone go nuts trying to figure which of the 20 possible combinations they like best. Not to mention the crazy spaghetti graphs that would be produced. By the time everyone figures it out, they will be ready to come out with the A8.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #20 of 1,793
Too bad they didn’t use 2 switches like many IEMs such as the L3, V14, along with those nozzles. I would have found it amusing reading everyone go nuts trying to figure which of the 20 possible combinations they like best. Not to mention the crazy spaghetti graphs that would be produced. By the time everyone figures it out, they will be ready to come out with the A8.
hahah yeah I had a really fun and interesting time, testing "only" 9 combinations with the A6 :joy:.

But even with only 1 switch, if you can use the filters from the A6 then there will be 14 filters, so a total of 28 combinations!!! (34 combinations if we also add the A6 mini filters :joy:)

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #21 of 1,793
I've added some more information to the second post. This is what I've got from LZ and at the moment I don't know more details. At least it answers some of your questions.

As you can see there release date is November this year so I'd imagine they like to keep the details for themselves until closer to the actual release. Given the major changes made to the A4 after the pre-production units tour it's probably wise not to get too detailed before the mass production starts. That being said my personal opinion is that the A7 is a much more finished product than the first couple of A4 pairs were.

There's also just two pairs of pre-production units and due to difficulties with shipping I've got both of them sent to me. One will stay in here in Scandinavia for a local tour if there's interest for it. The other pair will be sent to North America for a tour if it's possible to get enough interest from experienced members located there.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #23 of 1,793
I've added some more information to the second post. This is what I've got from LZ and at the moment I don't know more details. At least it answers some of your questions.

As you can see there release date is November this year so I'd imagine they like to keep the details for themselves until closer to the actual release. Given the major changes made to the A4 after the pre-production units tour it's probably wise not to get too detailed before the mass production starts. That being said my personal opinion is that the A7 is a much more finished product than the first couple of A4 pairs were.

There's also just two pairs of pre-production units and due to difficulties with shipping I've got both of them sent to me. One will stay in here in Scandinavia for a local tour if there's interest for it. The other pair will be sent to North America for a tour if it's possible to get enough interest from experienced members located there.
November!!! I thought it was October :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #24 of 1,793

But to be fair, IIRC, they aren't the same. The usual two switch stuff is bass and treble. Isn't this an impedance adjuster. It does say "pop" and "monitor" which should translate to lower with more warmth and bass and higher with a tightened up cleaner sound. So, you don't need a treble switch due to the nozzles and the impedance switch should cover the bass and probably cover more of the range than the other bass switch would. You have more control than just switches for both but more "work" having to screw in stuff than just flip the switch.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #25 of 1,793
1 DD(9.2mm coil from Japan)
2 pcs 7-layer piezoelectric ceramic drivers
4BA( knowles)

Price: A bit more than $300, so probably about the same as the original price for the A6.

Available: November 2020

Apparently the tuning filters (nozzles) are not ready tuned yet, it will be done in the next couple of weeks.

I've also got some graphs from LZ but I'm traveling today and tomorrow, I'll get them up here as soon as I've got the time. I should also be able to post some initial impressions of the sound this weekend.
I wonder how two 7 layer piezo drivers are going to sound in an already very well packed setup. I expected it to be a 9 layer piezo driver like Spring 2.

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #26 of 1,793
I wonder how two 7 layer piezo drivers are going to sound in an already very well packed setup. I expected it to be a 9 layer piezo driver like Spring 2.
I honestly have no ideas what having more layers or what having more piezo drivers should do lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back