LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Feb 26, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #631 of 687
Yes and I asked the seller for a discount :L3000:. I had been nozzle rolling and noticed something interesting. The red pair is super shouty to me; black is most 'open' sounding but lacks focus; the darker blue pair is good but makes female vocale a little shouty and far; then the other blue pair "30-30kHz" I think makes a good compromise (if any), giving the large stage, very slightly sibilant, highly resolving and balanced vocales and intrumental timbre. The remaining nozzles simply downgrade the A6 IMO.

I didn't know that nozzles can make such a big difference both positively and negatively. Coming from the A6mini only the black nozzle actually works for me the other two are just quite useless as they damp the sound mostly and do nothing else.

If you like big soundstage you really can't go wrong with the A6 with the red, black and blue (both) nozzles.

I don't know what this moisture issue is about. I clean my IEMs almost every hour with alcohol and don't exercise with them.
Thanks for the detailed info, can't wait to test them out myself!
Oh right I forgot that bargaining always works on Ali, for example I asked fiio on their Ali account if they could reduce the fh7 price from 420usd to 350 and they just said yes.. haha....here in Germany they are Listed at 500 or 600 euro at the fiio website, huge price difference if you are willing to import yourself...it's half the cost 😋 I still missed the opportunity as I was too busy with work , so someone else bought the remaining stock and I really wasn't that hot for the fh7 as I got the fh3 in the meantime and heard it's tuning is much improved to older FHs.
Sorry for the offtopic.

I think LZ will get even better with a potential A8, they always improve with each consecutive release , the predecessors to the A6 are barely known, and now they are growing to a great company known for their many tuning options, involving the user way more than say a blessing 2 or fh7 would....they just can be eqed and tip swapped and that's it.

165 usd is crazy for this IEM...hope it stays at that level and doesn't fall anymore , buyers remorse incoming haha....jk they deserve every dollar with that fair pricing .

Only reason I didn't go for the A7 was it's design, for some reason I find it absolutely underwhelming and borderline ugly...if they manage to bring out a really nice design, like all those beautiful chi-fi IEMs do and keep the good and tuneable technicalities , they could really become a big player

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #632 of 687
Thanks for the detailed info, can't wait to test them out myself!
Oh right I forgot that bargaining always works on Ali, for example I asked fiio on their Ali account if they could reduce the fh7 price from 420usd to 350 and they just said yes.. haha....here in Germany they are Listed at 500 or 600 euro at the fiio website, huge price difference if you are willing to import yourself...it's half the cost 😋 I still missed the opportunity as I was too busy with work , so someone else bought the remaining stock and I really wasn't that hot for the fh7 as I got the fh3 in the meantime and heard it's tuning is much improved to older FHs.
Sorry for the offtopic.

I think LZ will get even better with a potential A8, they always improve with each consecutive release , the predecessors to the A6 are barely known, and now they are growing to a great company known for their many tuning options, involving the user way more than say a blessing 2 or fh7 would....they just can be eqed and tip swapped and that's it.

165 usd is crazy for this IEM...hope it stays at that level and doesn't fall anymore , buyers remorse incoming haha....jk they deserve every dollar with that fair pricing .

Only reason I didn't go for the A7 was it's design, for some reason I find it absolutely underwhelming and borderline ugly...if they manage to bring out a really nice design, like all those beautiful chi-fi IEMs do and keep the good and tuneable technicalities , they could really become a big player
Yes I always ask for discounts for pricier models on Ali but that doesn't always work ,lol especially for Fiio products somehow. I was going to get the FH3 actually as I wanted yo hear that bass myself and then saw the A6 could be purchased at 165 USD with sll those coupons and discount code but only for the mmcx version. Then i saw the 2-pin version there was one left and so I didnt hesitate to ask coz I knew they would likely discount it for me. That conversation took over a week though due to CNY holiday, lol.

I also find the A7 to be too ugly steampunk style I can't imagine myself using it and I actually wanted more piezo sound instead of more accurate timbre so I went for the A6 and it was cheaper anyway. It is more fun to people like me to discover less known brands and their products.

THB, I don't think it is LZ style to become big. Some companies or people just like to stay away from the mainstream like KZ and Fiio and they may not have the financial support to advertise their companies anyway.

Feb 26, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #633 of 687
I do like that they seem to put a lot of R&D into their IEMs release goood things, but not often, the A6's moisture issue for some is a shame, and if they sold A7 nozzles this no doubt wouldn't be a problem at all for anyone.

Personally I don't experience it at all, so I can see why it was missed in QC testing.

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #634 of 687
I just received my A6 today, thankfully no import charges or tax. It came in faster than expected. I love the packaging and case style , the Red on black or black on red with their simple logo looks fantastic , awesome unboxing experience haha 🥰.
So far I am listening for about 3 hours, the soundstage is indeed very big and I will need to experiment with more tips and their filters . All those combination possibilities ...😂
Can't wait for the break in phase to finish, all my other iems had a lot of cymbilence in the beginning which went away after a couple hours.
So far I like what I hear. Will need to do direct comparisons with fh3 and B2 and decide what to keep. But I can already recommend the A6 , at 165 USD it's a no brainer.
So now I have 3 great midrange iems instead of one totl one 😋 exactly what I wanted to avoid 🤣
Having fun with the pink filters right now and some two steps from hell tracks, great music to test (and enjoy) imaging and soundstage.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #635 of 687
I just received my A6 today, thankfully no import charges or tax. It came in faster than expected. I love the packaging and case style , the Red on black or black on red with their simple logo looks fantastic , awesome unboxing experience haha 🥰.
So far I am listening for about 3 hours, the soundstage is indeed very big and I will need to experiment with more tips and their filters . All those combination possibilities ...😂
Can't wait for the break in phase to finish, all my other iems had a lot of cymbilence in the beginning which went away after a couple hours.
So far I like what I hear. Will need to do direct comparisons with fh3 and B2 and decide what to keep. But I can already recommend the A6 , at 165 USD it's a no brainer.
So now I have 3 great midrange iems instead of one totl one 😋 exactly what I wanted to avoid 🤣
Having fun with the pink filters right now and some two steps from hell tracks, great music to test (and enjoy) imaging and soundstage.
Well, I see the A6 as a TOTL iem. Unique sound and technicalities.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #636 of 687
Well, I see the A6 as a TOTL iem. Unique sound and technicalities.
On some level I agree.
Some site called these "airy detail monster", which is absolutely true.
Good case e.g. "yosi horikawa" with the track "bubbles", or all of the rest of the album. Gets you insane detailed imaging.
I use the A6 for classic music now almost always, some older classics like Holst "the planets" which have a big dynamic range, like 20 dB or more sound wonderful. When the violins start to increase in volume , and you hear the insane treble detail you missed before, it gets you goose bumps. I even prefer the a6 to my Ananda for classical music right now , it's funny how good iems can get.. when you have to decide on an 700usd planar with it's supposedely huge soundstage and 160usd iems. I'm using them now , and honestly it doesn't feel much narrower than my open back.
For normal run of of the mill rock tracks I prefer my other iems though, haven't taken the time to find a configuration where the treble isn't too prominent compared to the mids

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #637 of 687
O

On some level I agree.
Some site called these "airy detail monster", which is absolutely true.
Good case e.g. "yosi horikawa" with the track "bubbles", or all of the rest of the album. Gets you insane detailed imaging.
I use the A6 for classic music now almost always, some older classics like Holst "the planets" which have a big dynamic range, like 20 dB or more sound wonderful. When the violins start to increase in volume , and you hear the insane treble detail you missed before, it gets you goose bumps. I even prefer the a6 to my Ananda for classical music right now , it's funny how good iems can get.. when you have to decide on an 700usd planar with it's supposedely huge soundstage and 160usd iems. I'm using them now , and honestly it doesn't feel much narrower than my open back.
For normal run of of the mill rock tracks I prefer my other iems though, haven't taken the time to find a configuration where the treble isn't too prominent compared to the mids
You might want to try a reversible mod that I use for the treble spikes. I can't really use the A6 without the mod because the treble is too hot for me, but with it, it is one of the best IEMs that I have tried.
My quotes:
So I decided today to take my friend's Dayton IMM6 to take some measurements and see what was happening with this MOD (black with cotton/foam) that I have been talking about for so long. Since I couldn't have much time with the Dayton, I decided to take Rikudo's favorite filter (pink) to make a little comparison and see what was happening without anything:

1.jpg

- Both of them look similar, but the black filter has some obvious peaks in the high region.

The black filter MOD vs no MOD:
3.jpg

- As expected, all those peaks in the high region has been toned down; the biggest 4k - 4.5k peak has been toned down. Besides that, there is a weird thing happening: with the MOD on, the high mids between 500 - 1k has slightly been elevated, making it almost even to the peak near 3k.

The black filter MOD vs pink filter:
2.jpg

- To my surprise, on the black filter, the highs has been toned down to almost the same level of the pink filter, but it maintains the same high mids 500 - 1k boost. I have a feeling that somehow the MOD mutes partially the decibels coming from the single electropiezo, making the 4 BA drivers timbre more prominent on the mids. For some reason I have felt that the timbre has been improved.

Out of curiousity, I decided to try the MOD on the pink filter to see if what I felt (electropiezo getting partially muted making the BA's more prominent) was correct or if it was a "black filter thing"; first, pink filter MOD vs no MOD:
5.jpg

- It happens to be the case: highs toned down and mids getting elevated. I didn't feel that this MOD was suited for the pink filter because it erased completely the airiness of the highs and made the overall sound way darker.

Pink filter MOD vs Black filter MOD:
4.jpg

- Proportionally speaking, it was the expected case with no prominent peaks on highs and an almost even high mids with highs. The only difference here is that on the black filter we are maintaining the airiness of the highs:1k - 4k are still noticeably above the low and the mid region in comparison to the pink filter here.

It wasn't that much of a hassle doing this, but I think this helps a bit with the problem that some people may see with the treble spikes. Besides taming downs those spikes, I still think that there's a meaningful improvement with the MOD on in many aspects, so I encourage everyone trying it out since it is removable.

Thank you for reading.
If you push the little piece of foam all the way up to the tip of the nozzle, it will mainly only reduce high mids and treble peaks. If you let the foam visible at the entrance of the nozzle, it will also boost the lower end of the frequency, making the whole thing way less sparky.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #638 of 687
They are having some kind of sale on Ali, you can get the A6 for 150 USD

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPG512j

They have a typ in there "L6 A6" which is why I didn't find it and got a 170 USD one instead...damnit haha

Thanks for the advice Luis, I will consider it, for now am using the silver nozzle with some bass heavy tips, seems to work great for now

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #639 of 687
I saw the price I have is really still 169, but it uses some of my coins, of which I have 7000 of - new to Ali, is this normal ? Spinned the wheel once and won 7000 - and it gets down to about 151usd using 700 coins.

Been listening to the A6 for about 8 hours straight ,liking it more and more. That special kind of piezo driver opens up some kind of new sound clarity and new detail experiences.

I think I won't be able to go back to normal DD BA types. Maybe that's why the monarch and clairvoyance are sold out for months, they have some kind of EST driver added in to the usual mix and therefore great reviews?
So btw do I have anything to do to prevent the moisture issue, or just wait and see ?

Sorry for all the rambling but I'm kinda high expiercing all my music with dad sick treble 😋

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #644 of 687
Have you seal it properly? It feels only a bit more airy. Very subtle. If that doesn't work, try the foam/cotton mod.
Yep perfect seal with multiple tips. I am trying the ISN H40's mesh as a substitute for the pink filter's mesh and so far so good, if that does not work i will try the cotton mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back