LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #362 of 687
Not gonna lie, look at what I did to my T800. I'm applying it on every bright IEM lol :sweat_smile:. It works really well tho.
1591195186857.png
lol foam mod here too? I added a knowles filter in mine but the SQ went down quite a bit unfortunately...

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #364 of 687
The foam only removes the nasty peaks in the highs, they don't really mess too much on the whole graph. It makes everything sounds smoother.
Sound like a good mod for it then. I personally take the A6 over the T800 100 out of 100 times, even if the treble wasnt sibilant in the T800 mainly due to the BA bass. But that is why I am interested in their upcoming AQ7 that has a DD.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #366 of 687
With the A7 coming in the next 5 months, I'm not interested in AQ7 anymore.
Yeah, If I was thinking with my brain I would also do that but unfortunately my ears are the ones doing the decisions :joy: (I hope it is as big as or bigger than the T800 so I can remove it from my candidate list :grin:)

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #369 of 687
Hi! Someone has frequency response graphs to the LZ A6? They are getting cheaper and I got curious
1591292057164.png

An screenshot from that website.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #371 of 687
This might be an oddly specific conplaint and request but..when using my a6 minis and listening to dragonforce - give me the night there are some fast cymbals at the start that become nearly inaudible. Can anyone confirm if this is an issue with my unit or just how its tuned? Is it cause of the crossover dip?

Jun 20, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #373 of 687
Question.

A6 Mini, $52, worth it as a "detailed" complement to the ThieAudio L3 ("fun") and Tin T2 ("neutral")? Or not enough of a difference to justify?
IMO the mini is more of a "fun" set than a "detail" set. It does have good upper treble detail, but lacks details in the mids, particularly in the male vocal range.

I tend to listen to the mini when I'm in the mood for the combination of fun bass, treble air, and soundstage width.

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #374 of 687
IMO the mini is more of a "fun" set than a "detail" set. It does have good upper treble detail, but lacks details in the mids, particularly in the male vocal range.

I tend to listen to the mini when I'm in the mood for the combination of fun bass, treble air, and soundstage width.
Thanks!

Is there anything else in that price range you'd recommend instead as a detail-focused IEM?

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #375 of 687
Thanks!

Is there anything else in that price range you'd recommend instead as a detail-focused IEM?
Based on sound alone, the TRN BA5 is really good in that price range, has very nice detail retrieval and solid separation and layering. Unfortunately there are quality control concerns with that set, some early purchasers had units with faulty drivers, and mine has had the sound temporarily cut out when exposed to moisture a couple of times. They really sound great though.

You may want to look into the BQEYZ KB100, although it may not have the treble extension you want for a set that is focused on details. You could ask about it in the BQEYZ thread though, it has a big cult following here.

If you can stretch your budget to the NiceHCK NX7 Pro, that could be a good option. I have the original NX7, and the amount of detail it provides is superb. They're quite bright, but the newer Pro version has tuning filters that help tame the treble a bit. I've been doing a micropore tape modification to tweak the treble on my NX7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back