LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Apr 13, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #271 of 687
you guys that also have the A6, what do you expect from possibly the A7? You want a refinement of the A6 (aka the same sound profile) or maybe you want them to change sound profile to say something warmer? In my case if they are trying to improve the A6 sound, I really cant imagine how lol. Also wonder what driver setup they will use, maybe electrostats instead of piezo?

@peter123 @1clearhead

especially Peter123 since you have a lot of LZ iems, are all of the sequels 100% upgrades to the predeccesor? like is the A5 better in everyway to the A5? How likely is it that the A7 is gonna be better than the A6? (if you compare how their track record is)
Yea, I can't imagine how the LZ can improve an already winner IEM in all aspects of sound alone, but who knows! I would love to see what they are capable of maybe something different as you say like electrostatic! Or, maybe a nicely rounded fitting shaped housing with an unbeatable comfort at its price range! ...Who knows what they're cooking next.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #272 of 687
@1clearhead But since they are stopping production on the older stuff (including the A6), that does make me believe that they are trying to do the same sound profile but better for the A7 (somehow lol). Because why would they stop production on the A6 if they are planning on making a different sounding iem?

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #273 of 687
@1clearhead But since they are stopping production on the older stuff (including the A6), that does make me believe that they are trying to do the same sound profile but better for the A7 (somehow lol). Because why would they stop production on the A6 if they are planning on making a different sounding iem?

LZ is not a big outfit. The kinda have to retool and move on. Make so many A6 then they have to switch to new stuff. Seriously doubt they have the $$ to continue the A6 production and a new model production at the same time.

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #274 of 687
LZ is not a big outfit. The kinda have to retool and move on. Make so many A6 then they have to switch to new stuff. Seriously doubt they have the $$ to continue the A6 production and a new model production at the same time.
Yeah that is most likely the reason. (same as the smartphone brand oneplus does, release a Flagship then when the next is out stop production on old one)

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #275 of 687
Well I am happy if they release something warmer sounding but still keep that tight, fast and clean bass.

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #278 of 687
...And also maintain that nice transparent sounding signature as well.
Agree, also wonder if it is possible to add DIP switches alongside the tuning filters. Oh boy the amount of combinations are gonna be huge then :joy:

Apr 14, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #279 of 687
Yea, I can't imagine how the LZ can improve an already winner IEM in all aspects of sound alone, but who knows! I would love to see what they are capable of maybe something different as you say like electrostatic! Or, maybe a nicely rounded fitting shaped housing with an unbeatable comfort at its price range! ...Who knows what they're cooking next.
Making it a better package could definitely be an improvement

More ergonomic shape and materials (resin?)
Better and more nozzles
Better cable
Better tips
Moisture filter and temperature shielding??

Just qol improvements tbh

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #280 of 687
Anyone have an AliExpress link for the set of 9 filters? Penon audio is expensive. Thanks.

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #281 of 687
Anyone have an AliExpress link for the set of 9 filters? Penon audio is expensive. Thanks.
Don't think they sell them anywhere else. Or at least I haven't seen it. Maybe taobao has it but it is in Chinese so...

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #282 of 687
Don't think they sell them anywhere else. Or at least I haven't seen it. Maybe taobao has it but it is in Chinese so...
Ok, thanks.

Is it possible to get the SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 gold filter without buying the whole iem? :D

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #284 of 687
Will tell you about SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 filters, when mine A6 mini finally gets here.
Thanks.

My mini arrived yesterday. Black filter good (similar to spring 1). Red bass filter was also fine if you prefer warm signature, or you want to make better for male vocals. Blue high filter sounded horrible.... Hard to believe anybody could actually like that option!

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #285 of 687
Good to know lol, is this kind of problem unique to the lz a6 mini or do other IEM's also have it? Would the cotton filter mod perhaps help a little?
My A6 mini arrived yesterday.

This evening the right channel lowered twice. First time took the filter off, blew around a bit, reassembled- all good.

Half an hour later same thing, same channel. I've taken the filters off for the night.

Now, I did take a shower about 4 hours ago, but I did dry my ears properly afterwards (knowing that I would be using my iems), although it's possible some water is trapped with wax near the membrane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back