LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #211 of 687
When I was out walking the other day after a few songs the volume dropped a lot in both ears, when I got in after leaving them alone I put them back in and all was normal, went out again and same thing happened. It was a misty day and I think they didn't like the moisture. Last night at my desk I listened for over an hour and no problems whatsoever. I think it is because of the shells being metal they do not play well with humidity or moisture in the air. They do sound awesome though.

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #212 of 687
When I was out walking the other day after a few songs the volume dropped a lot in both ears, when I got in after leaving them alone I put them back in and all was normal, went out again and same thing happened. It was a misty day and I think they didn't like the moisture. Last night at my desk I listened for over an hour and no problems whatsoever. I think it is because of the shells being metal they do not play well with humidity or moisture in the air. They do sound awesome though.

Good to know. I just got a pair a couple of weeks ago, along with a 05a. Haven't used either outdoors yet because, well, it's Canada and its cold. The last thing I want stuck in my ears is a piece of -15ºC metal <actually, we're in the middle of the January thaw right now so it's above freezing>

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #213 of 687
I had a rec for these (A6 not mini) for my HiBy R6 so I came here looking. Now I’m concerned at QC. I can get them from Linsoul via Amazon UK but that’s a cost hit against what I could find internationally. Linsoul/Amazon UK cost is about the same as a used S8F which was my target. Damn. I thought this was going to be easy....

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #214 of 687
I had a rec for these (A6 not mini) for my HiBy R6 so I came here looking. Now I’m concerned at QC. I can get them from Linsoul via Amazon UK but that’s a cost hit against what I could find internationally. Linsoul/Amazon UK cost is about the same as a used S8F which was my target. Damn. I thought this was going to be easy....
Me and my friend got the a6 just recently and have no problem with qc ( bought from aliexpress nicehck audio store)

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #215 of 687
Yes, I did a direct comparison of them. I found the S8f to have more bass quantity and treble energy, but the A6 has the better bass quality, in that's cleaner and quicker. It's funny to me, because the S8f uses the BA driver for bass and the A6 uses a well tuned dynamic. I find the treble on the A6 is more detailed with more clarity. Both are a fun and energetic tuning, but the A6 to me has better staging and imaging. I consider the A6 to be an upgrade at nearly half the cost.

Really intrigued now having read above that these actually better the S8f in some areas and is considered an actual upgrade on that. That’s a real surprise.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #216 of 687
I've had absolutely no problems with either the A6 or the A6 Mini. I highly recommend both of them.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #217 of 687
I have had my LZ A6 for a month now and have had several issues with them. 1: Fit. I can't make them stay in both my ears with silicon tips because the nozzle isn't at the end of the shape. It's roughly 5 mm in from the end. I need to use foams, and that means they stick out 1.5 cm with perfect seal. They're quite comfortable then but not looking good.
I immediately had the loudness problem when I first used them. Then it went away and until yesterday I didn't have a problem. Then suddenly the volume went down a LOT. Unhoocked them and put a different pair on. Volume was high. Then put them on again and the volume was fine. I use the pink filter.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #218 of 687
I have had my LZ A6 for a month now and have had several issues with them. 1: Fit. I can't make them stay in both my ears with silicon tips because the nozzle isn't at the end of the shape. It's roughly 5 mm in from the end. I need to use foams, and that means they stick out 1.5 cm with perfect seal. They're quite comfortable then but not looking good.
I immediately had the loudness problem when I first used them. Then it went away and until yesterday I didn't have a problem. Then suddenly the volume went down a LOT. Unhoocked them and put a different pair on. Volume was high. Then put them on again and the volume was fine. I use the pink filter.

Moisture on your pink filter. There are several users that experienced same case, especially with pink and red filters.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #219 of 687
Well for the fit issues I found that KZ starline tips were better for me than Spinfits CP145. And the volume problem seems to be some kind of moisture problem.

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #220 of 687
Yeah, the moisture issue is something I've read about in this thread.
My problem with fit seems to be specific to the shape of the IEM body. I own these IEMs: OneMore Triple Driver, AKG N40, Ikko OH1, Magaosi DQ4, Blon 03, LZ A6.
All apart from OneMore Triple Driver are over ear IEMs.

AKG N40 was really my rule of thumb when I wanted to get an IEM with similar signature but with a better fit/comfort factor. The AKG N40 would probably fit snugly with foams but they kept falling out of my right ear when I used silicon tips.
So I got Ikko OH1, which had good reviews. While these fit much better in both my ears, they still wiggled and wouldn't feel good. Their shape wasn't the common one and I couldn't agree with the sound signature (hardly any treble air/detail at all in my opinion) so I went looking for another pair.
I got the Magaosi DQ4 because it had an interesting combination of drivers and got a pretty good review on a review site. These have the tear drop shape with the nozzle at the very end of the narrow part and the nozzles aren't too long. These turned out to be a perfect fit for me. The shape and placement of the nozzles work together and make the IEM fit and stay in with no problem, just a small sense of pull inside the ear. The clear silicon tips that came with it are perfect for me. I can use foam but they will stick out a fair amount if I do. I can't push foams deep into my ear canals.
In my quest for even more refined IEMs I read about several possible upgrades and I finally had two choices: ISN H40 and LZ A6. I chose LZ A6 because of good reviews and because I had 9 different choices to tune the sound with. I felt I had to have that ability on any future purchases.

I really like the sound of the LZ A6 with the pink filter. I don't think there's a very big difference between it and the DQ4 but in many cases the treble is higher quality and while it can be a bit harsh with some of the music I listen to (industrial acts like FLA and Encephalon and synth bands like Hubert Kah and Iris) because of compression, I prefer it over the DQ4.
Both A6 and DQ4 have a better controlled bass than AKG N40 so they're both upgrades from that IEM.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #221 of 687
Yeah, the moisture issue is something I've read about in this thread.
My problem with fit seems to be specific to the shape of the IEM body. I own these IEMs: OneMore Triple Driver, AKG N40, Ikko OH1, Magaosi DQ4, Blon 03, LZ A6.
All apart from OneMore Triple Driver are over ear IEMs.

AKG N40 was really my rule of thumb when I wanted to get an IEM with similar signature but with a better fit/comfort factor. The AKG N40 would probably fit snugly with foams but they kept falling out of my right ear when I used silicon tips.
So I got Ikko OH1, which had good reviews. While these fit much better in both my ears, they still wiggled and wouldn't feel good. Their shape wasn't the common one and I couldn't agree with the sound signature (hardly any treble air/detail at all in my opinion) so I went looking for another pair.
I got the Magaosi DQ4 because it had an interesting combination of drivers and got a pretty good review on a review site. These have the tear drop shape with the nozzle at the very end of the narrow part and the nozzles aren't too long. These turned out to be a perfect fit for me. The shape and placement of the nozzles work together and make the IEM fit and stay in with no problem, just a small sense of pull inside the ear. The clear silicon tips that came with it are perfect for me. I can use foam but they will stick out a fair amount if I do. I can't push foams deep into my ear canals.
In my quest for even more refined IEMs I read about several possible upgrades and I finally had two choices: ISN H40 and LZ A6. I chose LZ A6 because of good reviews and because I had 9 different choices to tune the sound with. I felt I had to have that ability on any future purchases.

I really like the sound of the LZ A6 with the pink filter. I don't think there's a very big difference between it and the DQ4 but in many cases the treble is higher quality and while it can be a bit harsh with some of the music I listen to (industrial acts like FLA and Encephalon and synth bands like Hubert Kah and Iris) because of compression, I prefer it over the DQ4.
Both A6 and DQ4 have a better controlled bass than AKG N40 so they're both upgrades from that IEM.

I've struggled enormously with fit, among other things, and found out that apart from tips also cable makes huge difference. I get best results with Symbio W Peel (so no foam version) and electro acousti mixed silver and copper $39 cable, which not only greatly improves sound but also does not pull out shells from ears in any way (which some cables do). I've tried at least a dozen of tips and, I think, 5 different cables, but only with this combo I get good comfort.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #222 of 687
So what's up with the nozzles for the A6M?

I've been slowly working my way through the nozzles, seeing how I like the sound. I was using the black nozzles fitted with some knock-off Spinfits that came with my BL03. By far the best fit I've gotten, and the sound is nothing to complain about either. I switched over to the red nozzles with the same eartips. And I could feel a noticeable pressure in my right ear. The pressure would increase and the volume seemed to drop if I even slightly pressed on the earpiece. If I moderately pressed the earpiece I'd hear a loud clinky type sound that I can only imagine is nasty driver flex. So, for now, I'm back to the black nozzles.

How exactly are the nozzles constructed that this would happen? Looking at the earpieces I can see what looks like 2 vent holes so I'd think driver flex should be a non-issue in the first place. Am I just doomed to use the red nozzles with different tips?

On the nozzle topic… I blew an o-ring on one of the black nozzles. Are they there for any other reason than to keep the nozzles from loosening up. That nozzle seemed to be cross threaded from the start - it took quite a bit of force to remove it from the storage block. Thankfully they include 2 sets.

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #223 of 687
So, I have the A6 with me for a week now. First impression : signature's on the bright side.
My favourite filter : dark gray. I found dark gray to have the most balance (in terms of mids and treble) sound despite the overly present treble which I am fine.
Black : A little brighter than gray, bass too neutral.
Pink : V-shaped with lesser clarity compared to gray.
Red : a little too warm for my taste.
Dark blue : Vocal focused. Good bass and clarity. Upper midrange a little shouty.
Silver : Vocal focused. Less clarity compared to dark blue.
Purple : Reduced the the treble in relative to the bass. Reduce treble too much for bass to be obvious.
Light blue : Too bright for me.

The bass does not change much regardless of the filters only the presence of treble varies. Impressions with dark gray filter :
Bass : Relatively neutral mid bass with boosted subbass.
Mids : Clear with emphasis on upper mids (female voices)
Treble : Very extended and detailed.
The only downside is that I wished the midbass is a little more pronounce. I am waiting for my KZ starline tips and hopefully that will helps a little. Im using the default wide bore tips. BTW, I saw some posts that mention to insert some foam/cotton on the filters. I did not notice any difference in reducing the treble peaks using some cotton. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks to @peter123 @thejoker13 @Viajero for singing the praises and @Bui Hai Anh and @Luis1316 for comparing it to the T800. I was considering between the A6 and T800.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #224 of 687
So, I have the A6 with me for a week now. First impression : signature's on the bright side.
My favourite filter : dark gray. I found dark gray to have the most balance (in terms of mids and treble) sound despite the overly present treble which I am fine.
Black : A little brighter than gray, bass too neutral.
Pink : V-shaped with lesser clarity compared to gray.
Red : a little too warm for my taste.
Dark blue : Vocal focused. Good bass and clarity. Upper midrange a little shouty.
Silver : Vocal focused. Less clarity compared to dark blue.
Purple : Reduced the the treble in relative to the bass. Reduce treble too much for bass to be obvious.
Light blue : Too bright for me.

The bass does not change much regardless of the filters only the presence of treble varies. Impressions with dark gray filter :
Bass : Relatively neutral mid bass with boosted subbass.
Mids : Clear with emphasis on upper mids (female voices)
Treble : Very extended and detailed.
The only downside is that I wished the midbass is a little more pronounce. I am waiting for my KZ starline tips and hopefully that will helps a little. Im using the default wide bore tips. BTW, I saw some posts that mention to insert some foam/cotton on the filters. I did not notice any difference in reducing the treble peaks using some cotton. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks to @peter123 @thejoker13 @Viajero for singing the praises and @Bui Hai Anh and @Luis1316 for comparing it to the T800. I was considering between the A6 and T800.
To be honest i was quite sad because the A6 were quite "sibilant" for me; i wanted the treble extension and the same amount of details like T800, so i didn't like bass filters. I was messing around with the mid and high filters all the time, because i really wanted that extra spark, but everything was too shouty for my taste so at the start i ended up with the red filters. After a day of trying, i thought about using some cotton inside the black default filters, and holy molly, that reduced the treble peak and made all the soundstage and details come out. I was quite surprise by the results, so i tried the same thing with my T800 (putting cotton inside the tips, not in the filter canal), and it indeed did reduce only the treble peak and widened the soundstage without messing with other frequencies.
With this "cotton mod" on the black filters i could finally say that the A6 were better than T800 for me; i felt that everything was above T800 in quality but lacking only in the quantity of bass.

You have to add the cotton inside the filters; i recommend the black filters. You will notice the difference specially if the treble makes you tired. Make some little cotton balls and gently push it into the filter until it reaches the filter mess; if you think it cuts too much treble, just put less cotton in. About the bass, i really preffer quality over quantity, so there it is.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #225 of 687
To be honest i was quite sad because the A6 were quite "sibilant" for me; i wanted the treble extension and the same amount of details like T800, so i didn't like bass filters. I was messing around with the mid and high filters all the time, because i really wanted that extra spark, but everything was too shouty for my taste so at the start i ended up with the red filters. After a day of trying, i thought about using some cotton inside the black default filters, and holy molly, that reduced the treble peak and made all the soundstage and details come out. I was quite surprise by the results, so i tried the same thing with my T800 (putting cotton inside the tips, not in the filter canal), and it indeed did reduce only the treble peak and widened the soundstage without messing with other frequencies.
With this "cotton mod" on the black filters i could finally say that the A6 were better than T800 for me; i felt that everything was above T800 in quality but lacking only in the quantity of bass.

You have to add the cotton inside the filters; i recommend the black filters. You will notice the difference specially if the treble makes you tired. Make some little cotton balls and gently push it into the filter until it reaches the filter mess; if you think it cuts too much treble, just put less cotton in. About the bass, i really preffer quality over quantity, so there it is.

Thanks for the advice. However, I'm afraid the cotton will fall of into the shell and there is no way I can take it out. Did that happen to your set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back